IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do you want? I saw posted wife, brother and possible son above, but I can probably get more. I’m working on a tree for Paul.

Can someone tell me what connected Paul to the boy in Ohio? Besides similar names of course. I’m finding a few of differences.

As far as we all know, there is no connection between fake PRH and the boy in Ohio who died in a tragic car accident when he was hit by a car. The fake PRH must have read about the accident in the newspaper or elsewhere, and used the dead boy's identity for his own purposes. I guess it was easier back then to do, pre-internet.I am not sure how much info. is needed re. Luis Groning and his family. I'm hoping our detective will come here soon and let you know :) But definitely more handwriting samples of his would be great!

As far as we all know, there is no connection between fake PRH and the boy in Ohio who died in a tragic car accident when he was hit by a car. The fake PRH must have read about the accident in the newspaper or elsewhere, and used the dead boy's identity for his own purposes. I guess it was easier back then to do, pre-internet.I am not sure how much info. is needed re. Luis Groning and his family. I'm hoping our detective will come here soon and let you know :) But definitely more handwriting samples of his would be great!
Yeah we're not sure how fake Paul came about the identity of the wee boy. Its amazing/terrifying how easy it was to just steal a new identity back then.

can I say, I love you, thank you so much for your help :D

Also @CyresAres1

@Andreee @dalsglen What did you get me into?!??

I was trying to figure out basic info (I like to get all the info down and organized so I know what I am looking for) and I went down a Paul Harrod rabbit hole. So there is a Paul L. who is from Lawrenceville, Illinois (about 4-5 hrs south of Chicago). So I created a timeline of Paul L vs Paul M (father of little boy). The Harrods are an Ohio family with a long history in and around Allen County I believe. Many generations and a town named after them. Eventually I would like to see if the two Paul’s are connected. For the sake of time, I started adding in Mystery Paul. Which is where my ???????? comes in.

When MW (Unknown Paul’s wife) was 16 she was married. The same year her mother was married. MW married RH and her mother married BH (RH’s father). This had to be taboo at that time in the conservative Midwest. I also noted a M Harrod in California.

This is a whole lot of crazy and I have not even started to look at Groning yet.

For @CyresAres1 if you want additional handwriting samples for Groning let me know. Or go to Miami Dade Clerk and look under Civil and Official records for his name. There are several documents he signed there.

I will post the timeline when I add the rest of the players.

@Andreee @dalsglen What did you get me into?!??

I was trying to figure out basic info (I like to get all the info down and organized so I know what I am looking for) and I went down a Paul Harrod rabbit hole. So there is a Paul L. who is from Lawrenceville, Illinois (about 4-5 hrs south of Chicago). So I created a timeline of Paul L vs Paul M (father of little boy). The Harrods are an Ohio family with a long history in and around Allen County I believe. Many generations and a town named after them. Eventually I would like to see if the two Paul’s are connected. For the sake of time, I started adding in Mystery Paul. Which is where my ???????? comes in.

When MW (Unknown Paul’s wife) was 16 she was married. The same year her mother was married. MW married RH and her mother married BH (RH’s father). This had to be taboo at that time in the conservative Midwest. I also noted a M Harrod in California.

This is a whole lot of crazy and I have not even started to look at Groning yet.

For @CyresAres1 if you want additional handwriting samples for Groning let me know. Or go to Miami Dade Clerk and look under Civil and Official records for his name. There are several documents he signed there.

I will post the timeline when I add the rest of the players.
lol yes we did get you into this whole saga, sorry! I'm sure the detective on this case will be very pleased you located extra handwriting samples for Groning! Hope he comes back here soon. :) I believe M still lives in the Midwest, she does have a fbk.

lol yes we did get you into this whole saga, sorry! I'm sure the detective on this case will be very pleased you located extra handwriting samples for Groning! Hope he comes back here soon. :) I believe M still lives in the Midwest, she does have a fbk.
Okay, did you know LG was arrested for prostitution in the late 80s and has an alias listed as Lois Gonning?

Manor Care- Willoughby
37603 Euclid Ave
I don't know if this was noted, but address where Harrod's passed in Ohio
37603 Euclid Ave, Hudson, Ohio
Address reported for LG around the same time:
609 Euclid Ave Apt 5, Miami Beach, FL 33139

Total coincidence I am sure, but creepy...

Wow, this case is just so full of oddities like that!!! How bizarre!

Which Harrod passed at the Euclid Avenue by the way? Do you mean the car fatality site or ?

Are any of you able to answer a few questions for me (to help catch me up).

1. Do we have height/weight on Unknown Paul?

2. Where did the name Diana Rae come from? (Just trying to figure out if it is a confirmed source, or if the name could be a variation of this). I saw several people listed with name Deanna Rae.

3. Has anyone scanned Roosevelt high school yearbooks for suspected attendance years?

4. Has anyone looked through missing persons cases from prior to his appearance in Sheridan? You would think someone would be missing him if he disappeared to start the Indiana life.

5. Is he not on Namus, etc because his identity is unknown?

Are any of you able to answer a few questions for me (to help catch me up).

1. Do we have height/weight on Unknown Paul?

Not exact
2. Where did the name Diana Rae come from? (Just trying to figure out if it is a confirmed source, or if the name could be a variation of this). I saw several people listed with name Deanna Rae.

He told his wife this name while in Sheridan
3. Has anyone scanned Roosevelt high school yearbooks for suspected attendance years?

I was jot able to locate any PRH there in the history. But we now know the identity is stolen for sure.
4. Has anyone looked through missing persons cases from prior to his appearance in Sheridan? You would think someone would be missing him if he disappeared to start the Indiana life.

I have attempted to as have many in this group. You will find, for some reason, he seems to look similar to many folks out there, depending on the angle of his face.
5. Is he not on Namus, etc because his identity is unknown?

Correct

@CyresAres1 Thank you very much. I am still searching Ancestry records. I noticed most of the yearbooks from Roosevelt High are available there. I think thinking about scanning them for males who were somewhat similar and compiling them for someone more qualified than me to look through.

Oh, say, that's great!

But, if you've followed this from the beginning, well, you know that anyone with a cheesy mustache & an '80's jacket looks like Not-Paul to me!

Missing men, average height, no significant regional accent, most likely reported prior to 1987. Unless he was clever enough to keep writing or calling for a while to confuse the likes of us with a Reported Missing date after his wedding...or even after. This was before cell phones.

Looks like slightly under 2000 white men, between the current ages of 60 & 75, brown or black hair.

Have at it:

Should we exclude men raised in Alabama, Mississippi etc due to lack of an accent?

Wish some Air Force vet would recognize his picture & say "that's old not-Paul!"

(Wish MWHH was more help, of course.)

Last edited:
Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office detectives are seeking assistance in solving a cold case they have been working for several years. It is an unusual case involving a missing person using possible false identifying information that has resulted in few results during the investigation.

On Friday, November 27, 1992, the day after Thanksgiving, Paul Raymond Harrod left his home near Sheridan, IN and has not been seen or heard from since that date. Harrod left a $100 bill and a note for his wife stating he “needed to get away for a while.” He left in his 1992 white Geo Metro 2-door hatchback but left no indication where he was going or when he might return. On Friday, May 7, 1993, Harrod’s wife filed a missing person report with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office.

There has been little information to use as detectives try to track down Harrod’s location. Over the years, investigators have uncovered bits and pieces including:

-the Geo Metro was sold in Denver, Colorado in 1994
-Harrod’s Social Security number was not issued to him until 1987
-the high school Harrod listed as attending has no record of a person by that name ever being there
-a Paul Raymond Harrod with the same parents’ names and date of birth was killed by a car when he was five (5) years old. The death occurred in Harrod, Ohio.
-detectives believe Harrod may now be in his 70’s but an exact age may not be available

Investigators working the case recently received the photos of Harrod. The individual photo of Harrod was taken on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, the day prior to Harrod’s disappearance. Detectives would also like to identify the best man in the wedding photograph in order to interview the individual for more information.

In addition to the Sheriff’s Office working the case, detectives have also enlisted criminal justice students from Purdue University. Anyone with information on Paul Raymond Harrod or who may have known Harrod during his time in Hamilton County is asked to contact Detective Lockhart at 317-776-9887 or through Hamilton County Public Safety Communications at 317-773-1282.

52072575_2126168620775887_2740610758902546432_n.jpg

52179353_2126168880775861_8921958434681651200_n.jpg

Hamilton County Sheriff's Office Indiana

Authorities want help solving odd cold case over Hamilton County man reported missing in 1993

Well, this is an unusual case... Wow.
It looks like he's read the book that's made 70,000 people vanish. The book covers all of these subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard