IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod May Have Been Using False Identity - Hamilton County - 27 Nov 1992 #2

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office detectives are seeking assistance in solving a cold case they have been working for several years. It is an unusual case involving a missing person using possible false identifying information that has resulted in few results during the investigation.

On Friday, November 27, 1992, the day after Thanksgiving, Paul Raymond Harrod left his home near Sheridan, IN and has not been seen or heard from since that date. Harrod left a $100 bill and a note for his wife stating he “needed to get away for a while.” He left in his 1992 white Geo Metro 2-door hatchback but left no indication where he was going or when he might return. On Friday, May 7, 1993, Harrod’s wife filed a missing person report with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office.

There has been little information to use as detectives try to track down Harrod’s location. Over the years, investigators have uncovered bits and pieces including:

-the Geo Metro was sold in Denver, Colorado in 1994
-Harrod’s Social Security number was not issued to him until 1987
-the high school Harrod listed as attending has no record of a person by that name ever being there
-a Paul Raymond Harrod with the same parents’ names and date of birth was killed by a car when he was five (5) years old. The death occurred in Harrod, Ohio.
-detectives believe Harrod may now be in his 70’s but an exact age may not be available

Investigators working the case recently received the photos of Harrod. The individual photo of Harrod was taken on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, the day prior to Harrod’s disappearance. Detectives would also like to identify the best man in the wedding photograph in order to interview the individual for more information.

In addition to the Sheriff’s Office working the case, detectives have also enlisted criminal justice students from Purdue University. Anyone with information on Paul Raymond Harrod or who may have known Harrod during his time in Hamilton County is asked to contact Detective Lockhart at 317-776-9887 or through Hamilton County Public Safety Communications at 317-773-1282.

Hamilton County Sheriff's Office Indiana

Authorities want help solving odd cold case over Hamilton County man reported missing in 1993

Well, this is an unusual case... Wow.
----

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your dedication to this truly bizarre case. Hopefully, we will have the answers we are looking for soon.

Let's welcome our newly verified member

CyresAres1 is the verified detective on the Harrod case. He is a great guy and I am so happy he is joining us at Websleuths. CyresAres1 is dedicated to this case and won't rest until we have all the answers.

Thank you,
Tricia

Can someone bring forward from last thread the additional mugshots of Louis Groning I found last night, the older ones and fake PRH for comparison. We are starting our second thread I see! :) I can't seem to bring them forward myself ugh lol.

Last edited:
Can someone bring forward from last thread the additional mugshots of Louis Groning I found last night, the older ones and fake PRH for comparison. We are starting our second thread I see! :) I can't seem to bring them forward myself ugh lol.
This one?
1.jpg

Sorry, the picture doesn't want to move over here.

Last edited:
Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office detectives are seeking assistance in solving a cold case they have been working for several years. It is an unusual case involving a missing person using possible false identifying information that has resulted in few results during the investigation.

On Friday, November 27, 1992, the day after Thanksgiving, Paul Raymond Harrod left his home near Sheridan, IN and has not been seen or heard from since that date. Harrod left a $100 bill and a note for his wife stating he “needed to get away for a while.” He left in his 1992 white Geo Metro 2-door hatchback but left no indication where he was going or when he might return. On Friday, May 7, 1993, Harrod’s wife filed a missing person report with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office.

There has been little information to use as detectives try to track down Harrod’s location. Over the years, investigators have uncovered bits and pieces including:

-the Geo Metro was sold in Denver, Colorado in 1994
-Harrod’s Social Security number was not issued to him until 1987
-the high school Harrod listed as attending has no record of a person by that name ever being there
-a Paul Raymond Harrod with the same parents’ names and date of birth was killed by a car when he was five (5) years old. The death occurred in Harrod, Ohio.
-detectives believe Harrod may now be in his 70’s but an exact age may not be available

Investigators working the case recently received the photos of Harrod. The individual photo of Harrod was taken on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, the day prior to Harrod’s disappearance. Detectives would also like to identify the best man in the wedding photograph in order to interview the individual for more information.

In addition to the Sheriff’s Office working the case, detectives have also enlisted criminal justice students from Purdue University. Anyone with information on Paul Raymond Harrod or who may have known Harrod during his time in Hamilton County is asked to contact Detective Lockhart at 317-776-9887 or through Hamilton County Public Safety Communications at 317-773-1282.

Hamilton County Sheriff's Office Indiana

Authorities want help solving odd cold case over Hamilton County man reported missing in 1993

Well, this is an unusual case... Wow.
----

Thread #1

This one?
1.jpg

Sorry, the picture doesn't want to move over here.
So it wasn't 'just me' lol! Things sure conspire against us when trying to find this mystery man! ;)

(brought forward from end of last thread) Hey, just was checking on google for info. re. Luis Groning, and surprised to find this 'new' mugshot of him on there!!! Whoa, he sure looks rough! At any rate, it gives more comparisons between him and fake PRH. IF it is the fake PRH, what a lifetime of difference between the wedding photos and these photos! (I know we all age, but damn! ) P.S. Could someone do a side-by-side of these mugshots, the previous mugshot, and the marriage photos of fake PRH so we can compare properly? Thanks if so! Syracuse t-shirt! Mugshot dated to Jan.14/23 Dade County.

NOTE! Wow, does anyone else notice a possible scar on his forehead? Former wife in Sheridan told the detective that fake PRH said he had one.

Attachments

• igKuDYoYNXPGbOUcSRW9 (1).jpg
    igKuDYoYNXPGbOUcSRW9 (1).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Stubborn here, still see a resemblance to David Loew:

1674100748065.png

View attachment 396245
Is there any way to find out if his parents, M (ex-fiancé), or S (gf David had moved in with less than a month into dating) were shown pictures of this guy? I don’t think he necessarily had to have ties to IN for that to work out, as from what I’ve read people used to do this by driving through a town and finding a gravestone of someone who would be their age but died very young. He could easily have just passed through and found an appropriately aged person, and then stole the identity. Although I guess it would be weird that he then waited like 4 years to get the SSN, they usually do that all at once, but whatever.

Both cases are super interesting to me. It would be neat to find them related.

View attachment 396245
I don't see too much of a resemblance but still worth checking out! :)

Last edited:

View attachment 396245
lol laughing, I like your determination, but it's still not him. PRH was certainly nowhere near 30yo.

lol laughing, I like your determination, but it's still not him. PRH was certainly nowhere near 30yo.

Well all righty then, can someone do a side-by-side??? Air Force & girlfriend deserter David Lowe & Air Force claiming wife deserter Not-PRH?

BTW @PembrokeLove there is only one Corgi here, a tri, but a red&white and a sable&white are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Can someone do a side by side of the L.G. mugshots (ones from our detective and ones I posted other day in orange) plus the ones of fPGH from his wedding. Just so they are all in one place to look over. I didn't have much luck with it. TIA!

Although I do see some resemblance, the age in itself tells me this is not fake PRH! Although fake PRH looks younger than 50 (in wedding photos 1992), there is no way he was as young as 30. Which of course is what this guy would be in 1992.

You
Well all righty then, can someone do a side-by-side??? Air Force & girlfriend deserter David Lowe & Air Force claiming wife deserter Not-PRH?

BTW @PembrokeLove there is only one Corgi here, a tri, but a red&white and a sable&white are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.
You have corgi? That’s my tri in my picture. I am sorry if yours are at the bridge. I have often said the only bad thing about dogs is that we don’t have them nearly long enough. My corgi is my 10 year old tricolor Pembroke service dog - corgis are incredibly sensitive and adept medical alert dogs - and I love her so much I cannot bear it. She’s amazing.

You crack me up! I’m with you on this one… are we sure there’s nowhere that the USAF girlfriend deserter and the *allegedly* USAF wife deserter have nothing in common?!? Although if I had deserted from the military, in my next incarnation I wouldn’t say *advertiser censored* about the military. Wouldn’t want to get caught. But I can also see accidentally throwing out a “back when I was in the Air Force…” one time in a story and then having to admit it for the rest of the new identity. Big dummy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back