IN IN - Rensselaer, WhtMale UP11379, SK victim, 'Arlene' on Zippo lighter, Mar'82

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by CarlK90245, Oct 4, 2010.

1. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

There is not a DoeNet or NamUs case file on this victim.

He was brought up on the "Adam" and "Brad" Doe thread.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN IN - "Adam" and "Brad" Doe, Lake Village, Newton Cty, Larry Eyler victims - Oct. 1983

To avoid discussion of multiple UID's on the same thread I am starting this thread.

The victim is mentioned in this article:

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/local/Sketches-from-Larry-Eyler-murder-spree

[​IMG]
    The article incorrectly states that the victim was found with the remains of "Adam" and "Brad" Doe in Newton County. The Newton County Coroner has clarified that this victim was found in Jasper County.

2. Loading...

3. CarlK90245

4. chaddylex

chaddylex Verified Insider

What I noticed is that Leon's exwife name according to his Charley Project profile is "Irene", and if the zippos lighter had the name "Arlene" engraved on it... those two names are close... wonder if either the Charley page or the description of the zippo lighter are wrong.. just a thought..

5. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

That looks like a very good possibility.

6. mortytbusybody

mortytbusybody New Member

CarlK90245 - Leon looks promising, great job!:woohoo:

I noticed that too and thought maybe the daughter's name was "Arlene", but I found this article which states the daughter is named Julie: http://wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=31406

So going back to Chaddylex's theory it could be possible that since the newspaper article messed up the location the Doe was found perhaps they also misstated the name on the lighter? Is there anyway to find out more info on this?

7. carbuff

Depending on the script used for the engraving, I can see misreading "Irene" as "Arlene." And it might refer to a different woman, since it appears Leon and Irene had been separated for some time when he disappeared.

8. CarlK90245

While sending a follow-up e-mail on a possible match submitted for Brad Doe, I also mentioned Leon Moncer as a possible match to this case. I acknowledged that I understood he wasn't in the same county, but his name is listed in the online article as the contact for all three unidentified Eyler-victim John Does. He responded by indicating the following:

9. carbuff

It's good to hear these guys talking about these cases and others seriously. And it's good to know they appreciate you. Thanks again!

10. CarlK90245

I received another reply from Scott McCord regarding Leon Moncer:

11. CarlK90245

They just added photos to Clay Foreman's previously photo-less NamUs casefile.

Clay Foreman
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9344/3

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'm thinking that he might be worth a look as a possible to the Jasper County Doe.

BTW, I think that the 60" height notation in NamUs is incorrect. That's suspiciously short for a 19-year old male. They probably meant 6-Feet (i.e., 72 inches).

I kicked off an e-male to Scott McCord to give him a heads up on this case as a possible to the Jasper Doe and Brad Doe.

12. CarlK90245

I sent an e-mail to the detective in charge of Clay Foreman's casefile to verify whether Clay's height info was correct. He says that Clay was 5'8". Not 60 inches, as indicated in NamUs.

13. Gretchen21

Gretchen21 New Member

How many vicitims of this loser is still unidentified? I read a book about him years ago...........from time to time i'll google his name to see if anything new comes up.

14. CarlK90245

15. carbuff

Did you ever hear back about Leon Moncer or Clay Foreman?

16. rainwater

rainwater New Member

Bumping this up-no action since 2009. Discussion of this UID as possible SK Eyler victim according to previous posts.

17. dogperson

dogperson Member

According to Charley Project, Leon's lighter was actually found in his car, so it can't be the Zippo lighter found on the UID.

18. CarlK90245

He might have had more than one lighter (a good one to keep in his pocket, and a disposable one to keep in his car).

I am doubting this was Leon though, just because it's been a couple of years since I submitted, and they probably would have done the comparison by now.

19. CarlK90245

There is now a NamUs UP Casefile for this John Doe.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11379

They have the Date of Discovery set at March 1982. I had previously had it set at November 1982.

20. lindamichelle1

lindamichelle1 New Member

That first guy looks like a dead ringer, wonder if he was ruled out

21. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

[​IMG]
    Image of the Zippo Lighter

Snipped from a March 2013 Indiana State Police news release

Victim #3 is a white male, between 20-22 years of age, around 5’06”-5’08” in height, with a slight build and reddish shoulder length hair. He was possibly last seen on US 41 near Vincennes, Indiana. Victim #3 was wearing Levi’s brand jeans, tennis, shoes and a gray hooded sweat shirt. He may have had a lighter with the name Arlene on it (see attached photo).

If anyone has information on the identity of these individuals, please contact the Indiana State Police at (800) 453-4756 or CIS@isp.IN.gov.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/4968834/?sub_id=1254023