Found Deceased IN - Richard Garcia, 46, of Chicago IL, leaving work at FedEx, Hammond, 15 Mar 2023

MOD NOTE:

Members who have inside information about a case must be Verified by Websleuths to post. Posts containing inside information have been removed pending verification.

Information as to why Websleuths has this process in place, and how to apply, can be found at the following link:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Once a member has been verified, their posts containing inside information will be reinstated.

A man claiming to be Richard’s driver, the one who took him to work most days, has posted on the Search for Richard FB page. He stated that he did take him home from FedEx on Wednesday as has been reported. He then says he was not able to get in touch with him on Thursday. He states that he has been in contact with the Hammond PD.
According to family, Richard was texting with someone between 10:30 and 11:30 on Wednesday night. I believe they know with whom he was texting. This is what led them to believe something may have happened to him while he waited for his ride between 3:30 and 4:30 Thursday morning.
This would seem to give us a window of between 11:30 pm Wednesday and 3:30 am Thursday when he disappeared. However, why would Richard be out waiting for the driver Thursday morning if they had not been in contact? Or, was he taken/lured outside between 11:30 and 3:00? MOO

A man claiming to be Richard’s driver, the one who took him to work most days, has posted on the Search for Richard FB page. He stated that he did take him home from FedEx on Wednesday as has been reported. He then says he was not able to get in touch with him on Thursday. He states that he has been in contact with the Hammond PD.
According to family, Richard was texting with someone between 10:30 and 11:30 on Wednesday night. I believe they know with whom he was texting. This is what led them to believe something may have happened to him while he waited for his ride between 3:30 and 4:30 Thursday morning.
This would seem to give us a window of between 11:30 pm Wednesday and 3:30 am Thursday when he disappeared. However, why would Richard be out waiting for the driver Thursday morning if they had not been in contact? Or, was he taken/lured outside between 11:30 and 3:00? MOO
I think the driver meant he could not get in touch with him when he was not waiting for his ride as usual Thursday morning. I doubt they made separate arrangements every day. MOO and all

I think the driver meant he could not get in touch with him when he was not waiting for his ride as usual Thursday morning. I doubt they made separate arrangements every day. MOO and all
Yes, that’s possible, too, but he didn’t say he was there to pick him up, he said he didn‘t hear from him. It doesn’t seem like RG works the exact same schedule every week, so he may have usually checked in with him to confirm that he would be needing a ride. His arrangement with the driver, whatever it was, has been ongoing for a while.

Seems quite late to be up and texting until 11:30 PM when you have to be awake for your ride in four hours. I wonder if that's out-of-character or if that matched his usual sleep patterns.

CHICAGO (CBS) -- A vigil was held Thursday night for a man who has been missing for 11 days from the South Chicago neighborhood.

Loved ones held a prayer service for 46-year-old Richard Garcia at the Immaculate Conception-St. Michael Catholic Church, 2944 E. 88th St.

His Twitter strikes me as a bit unusual - sharing his location from the Swarm app regularly (I’d never heard of this app before).

Seems to indicate a level of naïvety to me. Surely most people know not to share their exact location on a public social media page. I hope his naïvety hasn’t led to him becoming a victim to an unsavoury character (eg how readily would he hand out his home address to people he doesn’t know that well? Or arrange to meet up with a stranger?) JMO.

Re: His driver, and whether it was work-arranged etc. A post of Richard’s shared on the approved FB shows that he took Ubers or Lyfts to work.

I believe most likely scenario he befriended a particular driver who regularly took him (JMO).

Richard's cousin / admin on the approved Search for Richard FB page, posted that the family has hired a private investigator who will start working on the case on Monday. She said that she had talked to the PD detective and that the PD is actively working the case. The PD asked her to not share specific details because it is an active investigation.

April 14, 2023

Chicago police recovered a man's body from the river near the Columbus Drive bridge late Thursday morning. He has been identified as 46-year-old Richard Garcia, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. A cause of death has not yet been determined.

Oh no. I was hoping he and whoever he was texting with that night just decided to go off together. Rest peacefully, Richard.

Among the most suspicious cases is that of Richard Garcia, 46, who was recovered April 13 from the Chicago River near the Columbus Drive Bridge. His loved ones said he was still wearing his FedEx uniform when his remains were located.

Garcia had been reported missing from his South Side home in March. The Cook County Medical Examiner’s office told The Post his cause and manner of death remain pending.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back