GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

I can't take it any more BOXER....what does DBM stand for: Don't Bother Me? David Buys Milk?
(It's ok if the initials are something obvious....I am used to missing "obvious clues all the time." o_O)
Thank you.

"deleted by me" DBM
I seem to mess up posts a lot and they are beyond repair - so I delete them, but the post window is still there- so I put "DBM" in the post instead of the content I deleted.

According to my math I expected TJs charges to be formally filed today. The 72 hour hold began May 24th. Not seeing any updates, wonder what’s happening.

Case Search - MyCase

05/24/2019 Order on Hearing
Defendant appears in custody. State files affidavit of probable cause and request 72 hours to file charges. Court grants same.
Judicial Officer: Moore, Daniel J - MAG
Noticed: Jasper, Talmadge Russell
Noticed: Harrington, Patrick K
Order Signed: 05/24/2019

Perhaps someone has already posted this little tidbit....and it's a *weird* one.
There is a *Talmadge* Brothers Funeral Home and Casket Company in *Jasper*, GA that is a haunted attraction 30 minutes of Atlanta.

You can't make this stuff up folks....

Amateur opinion and speculation

According to my math I expected TJs charges to be formally filed today. The 72 hour hold began May 24th. Not seeing any updates, wonder what’s happening.

Case Search - MyCase

05/24/2019 Order on Hearing
Defendant appears in custody. State files affidavit of probable cause and request 72 hours to file charges. Court grants same.
Judicial Officer: Moore, Daniel J - MAG
Noticed: Jasper, Talmadge Russell
Noticed: Harrington, Patrick K
Order Signed: 05/24/2019

Indiana Courts, Lafayette
#10C021903PO000141

Protective/no contact Order issued 3/11/2019, Order successfully served 4/4/2019

Presumably TJ graduated from Delphi Community High School in June 2018.
Moved to Lafayette, got a job as a printer and an apartment.

The Tippecanoe County Prosecutor Harrington looks great. I hope for justice for Ryan Martin. His poor daughter, her father gone for nothing.

Last edited:
This is so deeply saddening.

As has been mentioned on this thread, Ryan Martin had a four year old child.

Something like this causes such a huge wave of grief and loss to so many people who loved the victim. I think of his family, child, friends.

My heart goes out to all of them.

His daughter is actually 5. I came and registered on websleuths to find out cause of death bc I couldn't find it. Ryan was an amazing dad and good friend. The ex boyfriend was abusive to the girl that Ryan had been briefly dating. I don't know why he chose to date her, but he had a hero-like mentality, so maybe he was trying to help her get away from TJ, and found that he had feelings for her. I have no idea why Ryan would have gone in the murder's apt, but Ryan wasn't dumb. He was a kind person, but he didn't put up with stupidity or abuse. I wish I knew why he went in there. His death has shocked everyone. Never in a million years would I have thought this would happen to him. He didn't do drugs, didn't drink that much either, fyi. He was a fantastic dad. I'm sick with grief for her. Just wanted to clear some of that up.

His daughter is actually 5. I came and registered on websleuths to find out cause of death bc I couldn't find it. Ryan was an amazing dad and good friend. The ex boyfriend was abusive to the girl that Ryan had been briefly dating. I don't know why he chose to date her, but he had a hero-like mentality, so maybe he was trying to help her get away from TJ, and found that he had feelings for her. I have no idea why Ryan would have gone in the murder's apt, but Ryan wasn't dumb. He was a kind person, but he didn't put up with stupidity or abuse. I wish I knew why he went in there. His death has shocked everyone. Never in a million years would I have thought this would happen to him. He didn't do drugs, didn't drink that much either, fyi. He was a fantastic dad. I'm sick with grief for her. Just wanted to clear some of that up.

I am deeply sorry about the tremendous loss of Ryan for you and his daughter and all of his family and friends.

From everything I've read, and especially your post, the loss of someone so kind and so loved is heart-wrenching to me. I cannot imagine the pain from this loss and shock by everyone there. It is so deeply saddening.

Please know that people here on Websleuths care so very much about the loss of this wonderful, innocent and caring young man. Although most of us live hundreds of miles away, our hearts are with you all.

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt and genuine words about this young man - who should still be alive. And except for this evil act - he would still be here.

Please accept my sincere condolences for the senseless loss of Ryan Martin.

Last edited:
Welcome ERIBEAR99 yet I am so sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. Ryan was a victim of a selfish and conscienceless individual. I can't even to imagine what his family must be going through right now. Please continue to post in the honor of your friend.

What looks to be Jasper’s Insta is still up: Talmadge Jasper (@crypt1d) • Instagram photos and videos

Super-weird, IMO: this kid looks on paper like a fairly brainy (he was on Delphi HS’s National Academic Quiz Team, per NAQT’s own website: NAQT | Tippecanoe Valley Quiz Bowl Conference Tournament | Individual Standings) and somewhat nerdy teenage boy who likes animals and hiking in the woods—not necessarily a dude one might expect to have a restraining order against him. As we all know, though, an individual’s squeaky-clean and wholesome exterior appearance is usually not a reliable indication of their interior goodness!

MOO I have a question about why TJ didn't go college? Why did he go from high school to working as a printer if he was capable and have a talent for academics? Maybe he was enrolled in fall but couldn't do the work?
His mug shot doesn't look emaciated, but it was reported he was 5'11 and 123 lbs at booking.

Last edited:
I am deeply sorry about the tremendous loss of Ryan for you and his daughter and all of his family and friends.

From everything I've read, and especially your post, the loss of someone so kind and so loved is heart-wrenching to me. I cannot imagine the pain from this loss and shock by everyone there. It is so deeply saddening.

Please know that people here on Websleuths care so very much about the loss of this wonderful, innocent and caring young man. Although most of us live hundreds of miles away, our hearts are with you all.

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt and genuine words about this young man - who should still be alive. And except for this evil act - he would still be here.

Please accept my sincere condolences for the senseless loss of Ryan Martin.

Beautifully put, Zen! Thank you

This is the only update on the court site:

05/28/2019
Bond Form Filed
Bond Request form signed by Magistrate
File Stamp:
05/24/2019

link: Case Search - MyCase

and re the 72 hour hold - I calculate the 72 hour is up about 5/29 or 5/30. They don't count weekends, and I'm thinking they aren't counting Monday 5/27 because of the holiday.
I'll keep an eye out on the court site! :)

05/28/2019
Bond Form Filed
File Stamp:
05/24/2019

and re the 72 hour hold - I calculate the 72 hour is up about 5/29 or 5/30. They don't count weekends, and I'm thinking they aren't counting Monday 5/27 because of the holiday.
Thank you NINER! (You know I appreciate your posts:)) And I hope you can translate "legal-eze" for me,too. Other than "dates posted" I am at a total loss for what they mean. "Bond request form filed???"...must be some automatic paperwork submitted because everyone is entitled to a bail hearing, yada, yada, yada.
(color me slightly cynical, today:mad:)

05/28/2019
Bond Form Filed
File Stamp:
05/24/2019

Yes, thank you! I hadn’t realized the number of hours in a hold only refers to working days. And I really appreciate your Court Watching posts, not only on this thread but for other cases as well.

Thank you NINER! (You know I appreciate your posts:)) And I hope you can translate "legal-eze" for me,too. Other than "dates posted" I am at a total loss for what they mean. "Bond request form filed???"...must be some automatic paperwork submitted because everyone is entitled to a bail hearing, yada, yada, yada.
(color me slightly cynical, today:mad:)

Sorry to say IQuestion - don't know legal-eze either.... :(

Maybe I'll call @gitana1 over here - and she can explain you & I and others on here!

and today's update on court site:

05/29/2019
Automated Paper Notice Issued to Parties
Order on Hearing ---- 5/24/2019 : Talmadge Russell Jasper
05/29/2019
Automated ENotice Issued to Parties
Order on Hearing ---- 5/24/2019 : Patrick K Harrington

so - I say - probably tomorrow 5/30 for his first hearing.... just a guess! ;)

I'm wondering if he was lured there under the pretext of retrieving something that belonged to the girlfriend. i.e. "Hey, I just remembered I still have a box of her stuff.....do you mind coming in and getting it to give to her?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back