GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know for sure how many people were in and out of the house that night but when I think of men and alcohol and an innocent baby girl I get sick. Sorry, but that's how I feel. Dad could be a good dad and his friends could be good men as well and I'm certainly not calling anyone that horrible word but I can't help to let my mind wander into that dark territory.

I read this quote from one of the earlier articles and it still really, really bugs me:
"They just can’t come into someone’s house and take a baby, it’s wrong. You need to give her back to our family, she’s ours not yours," Morgan said.

"Whoever has my daughter, return her please. This is ridiculous, this should’ve never happened in this town," Ammerman said.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/23/police-search-for-missing-one-year-old-girl-last-seen-in-spencer/

She's not a laptop or a video game they are talking about, it's a child! If I thought my child had been kidnapped, my first thought wouldn't be one of possession (she's mine not yours) - it would be all about her safety. I would be obsessed with my child being scared, or lonely, or hungry, or injured. I'd be pleading with whomever took her to please take care of her and comfort her. Not reiterate that she belongs to me and not to you. UGH!!!!

We don't know for sure how many people were in and out of the house that night but when I think of men and alcohol and an innocent baby girl I get sick. Sorry, but that's how I feel. Dad could be a good dad and his friends could be good men as well and I'm certainly not calling anyone that horrible word but I can't help to let my mind wander into that dark territory.
I'm not sure what could have happened. But I too am suspicious of the people who were in that home that night. The father's statements just seem so off for someone who's daughter may have been kidnapped.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I've been lurking Websleuths for a while, after finding out about it through reddit. I figured it was about time I signed up and started contributing.

I am anxious to find out what happened to poor Shaylan!

:welcome: to the addiction :rollercoaster:

I read this quote from one of the earlier articles and it still really, really bugs me:
"They just can’t come into someone’s house and take a baby, it’s wrong. You need to give her back to our family, she’s ours not yours," Morgan said.

"Whoever has my daughter, return her please. This is ridiculous, this should’ve never happened in this town," Ammerman said.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/23/police-search-for-missing-one-year-old-girl-last-seen-in-spencer/

She's not a laptop or a video game they are talking about, it's a child! If I thought my child had been kidnapped, my first thought wouldn't be one of possession (she's mine not yours) - it would be all about her safety. I would be obsessed with my child being scared, or lonely, or hungry, or injured. I'd be pleading with whomever took her to please take care of her and comfort her. Not reiterate that she belongs to me and not to you. UGH!!!!
My thoughts exactly! His statements are so weird!

I'm with you. I hate the news and this website for that. I'm trying to push the darkness out of my brain currently too.

I'm not sure what could have happened. But I too am suspicious of the people who were in that home that night. The father's statements just seem so off for someone who's daughter may have been kidnapped.

I'll sum up my feelings after hearing his phone interview in one word. Deplorable.

I know what you mean. Or even just an accident could have happened but since they were drinking (or whatevering), they made bad decisions about covering up what actually happened. So many possible scenarios, but kidnapping just doesn't seem likely. IMHO.

Oh I've been addicted for a long time. I have been avoiding getting involved in the discussions, but I couldn't stay away.

I understand. Even when I don't post, I'm always here... :lurk:

I hope LE search the landfill. I wonder what day the trash is collected.

In one of the many news stories, I remember hearing that the home where little Shaylyn was last seen overlooked a cemetery. Many years ago, before I found WS, a small child was found interred in a recent burial.

Have no link for it and just the thought of it still gives me the heebie-jeebies.
I pray someone with a heart does right by this blue eyed darling.

I can't believe anyone would leave a bab in the living room with an unlocked door and people coming and going all night.

I'd really like to know if that was the norm or if they did some rearranging recently.

Seems like a lot of people see their kids as property or extensions of themselves these days. It's narcissistic, imo.

I'm really, really bothered by the fact that this woman, whoever she was, seems to have just popped in and out of the house at some point during the night and that the dad seems to be talking around this fact (or some fact along those lines) and seems to have an idea in some direction or other as to who he thinks might have his baby. Does he think she has the baby? Does he think another party-not-a-party-goer has her?

I know what you mean. Or even just an accident could have happened but since they were drinking (or whatevering), they made bad decisions about covering up what actually happened. So many possible scenarios, but kidnapping just doesn't seem likely. IMHO.

What kind of accident needs a coverup? From the tone of the fathers voice... could the baby have gotten into drugs? (Heroin)

I like your signature. The book thief was one of my all time favorite books.

That boggles my mind as well. Actions speak so much louder than words. It really shows where their priorities lie.
I get picked on because I lock the doors if I run to grab something from the car while my bubs is sleeping, even though it's 10 seconds and I can see the door. You never know what's going to happen, and you wouldn't leave a million bucks on the counter with the door unlocked would you? My kiddo's worth a lot more than that, so you're darn right I lock the door. I will never understand people not treating children better than their "prized possessions," or even as well as in many cases.

What kind of accident needs a coverup? From the tone of the fathers voice... could the baby have gotten into drugs? (Heroin)

I like your signature. The book thief was one of my all time favorite books.

Well, generally speaking, legitimate accidents don't require cover-ups. "Accidents" that require cover-ups usually include "accidents" such as parents losing tempers and hitting/beating kids to death, scalding kids, burning kids, etc. Drug/alcohol-related "accidents." Or "accidents" that occur in the commission of other criminal activities.

Their stories about finding Shaylyn missing are totally contradictory, not just a mistake about time. But it's hard to believe a grandma would cooperate in a cover up. Possible media misrepresented their stories. Hope LE is watching their statements, or misstatements, to the media.

I doubt we'll ever know what happened to Haleigh Cummings, but her grandmother and great-grandmother were both involved in defending and protecting Haleigh's father (Ronald) and live-in girlfriend (Misty Croslin).

That boggles my mind as well. Actions speak so much louder than words. It really shows where their priorities lie.
I also feel that if the dad has her every other week, why are they not planning parties on the weeks he doesn't have her? I mean, I know people have parties when their kids are present, I've been to a couple, but they've always had someone supervising them (even when they were sleeping).

I'm not a parent yet, so I really try not to judge people for their parenting, but I'm really struggling to wrap my mind around this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member