GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coincidences with Ayla Reynolds going missing are unnerving, down to the party/no party claims. I'm trying so hard to see a ray of hope. Poor little darling.

It bothers me that there doesn't seem to be a clear story or timeline here.

We're allowed to sleuth family?

The father, Justin Ammerman, the paternal grandmother, Tamera Morgan, a female visiting the home overnight (during which time Shaylyn disappeared), Kelly Rogers, and a male visiting the home overnight, Kyle (neither father nor the grandmother knows this individual's last name, they have stated) have all been identified as persons of interest, according to the Indiana State Police.

Have got to run and will be off-line for at least a couple of hours, so I will not have time to link, but Ms. Rogers and Kyle are mentioned in the "phone interview video," and the ISP spokesperson states that all four adults who were at the residence overnight are considered POIs in the press conference video from Wednesday evening (personally, wondering about Mr. Ammerman's brother whom he mentions in the phone interview, though).

Was the diaper bag taken or not??? So many conflicting statements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My God. That phone interview [emoji35]. You think you could maybe find out something about "that Kyle guy"? Like his last name at least? It's "kind of" important.

If my math is correct, Shaylyn was conceived around April/May 2014.
Dad filed for divorce from his wife (Deanna) in April 2014.
Mom started a relationship with her now-fiance in June 2014 (according to her facebook).

All of that might not mean anything though!

Well it's not her fiance's baby, that's for sure.

Mar 24 2016, 11:48 am ET

Police in Indiana Searching for Missing Toddler Shaylyn Ammerman

by Rachael Trost

A massive search is underway as multiple law enforcement agencies investigate the disappearance of a toddler last seen late Tuesday at her father's home in Spencer, Indiana.

Shaylyn Ammerman, who will be 15 months old next week, was reportedly last seen around midnight. Tamera Morgan, Shaylyn's grandmother, who lives at the home with the girl's father, told police she put her to bed around 10:30 p.m. then checked on her around midnight.

"She was laying in her bed sound asleep and then we went to bed and we woke up, and she was gone," Morgan told NBC affiliate WTHR...

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/police-indiana-searching-missing-toddler-shaylyn-ammerman-n544846

I also thought of Ayla.

So dad gets a divorce and mom gets pregnant. Then mom leaves dad for a woman.

[video=twitter;713052827589984261]https://twitter.com/MikePeltonRTV6/status/713052827589984261[/video]

Just finished listening to the phone interview of the father and the grandmother at the link:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/toddler-missing-from-fathers-home-in-spencer

Absolutely infuriating, and very chilling at the same time: At around the 5:04 mark, the interviewer asks the father if there is anything his station can do to help find Shaylyn. The father's answer? "Um, would you be able to talk to my mom about it?"

So the grandmother actually gets on the phone. When asked, she says she went to bed at 12:30 AM, 1 AM and then finally 2 AM.

Before ending the call, at around the 8:20 mark, the interviewer asks the grandmother, what does she want people to know, in addition to the information regarding Shaylyn's disappearance that the media are already putting out there, at which point she proceeds to discuss her displeasure with the Fox affiliate reporting that there was a party at her house the night before. Nothing to the effect of "Please don't hurt my granddaughter," or "Bring my baby home right now." Not a word.

For some reason, I couldn't find the interview on the news site, but I found it here: [video=youtube;nBR22v3YzA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBR22v3YzA8[/video]

He sounds spacy. I get the impression she was in a pack-n-play, maybe? Instead of a regular crib? And that grandma was in charge of her day-to-day care when she was visiting dad. Are there any vindictive exes in the picture?

My God. That phone interview [emoji35]. You think you could maybe find out something about "that Kyle guy"? Like his last name at least? It's "kind of" important.

And this from yesterday continues to rub me the wrong way:

"I'm thinking somebody who has a big grudge over my family," Ammerman said. "We don't deserve this at all. Whoever you are please return my daughter."

http://www.wthr.com/story/31550000/police-in-spencer-looking-for-missing-toddler

I'm not pointing fingers (yet) but neither dad nor grandma seem to be too concerned about Shaylyn's well being, it seems to be more about them.

And really, under the circumstances I sure as hell would be having some serious, um... "talks" with every person who was at my house. Shaylyn didn't walk out of that house by herself.

I hope this isn't another Malik Drummond situation.

These family members/parents of missing children, when invited during an interview, to take that chance to let the world know something that they think is important about their child or the situation, all too often instead make it into a "me, me, me" opportunity. Really? Grandma thought it most important to make sure that everyone knows there was NOT a party there last night. GRRRR.

"I'm thinking somebody who has a big grudge over my family," Ammerman said. "We don't deserve this at all. Whoever you are please return my daughter."

Wow - I can't help but notice the similarity in those words to the DeOrr case. What is it with adults thinking of themselves - it's your child missing - not a $5 note!

Wow - I can't help but notice the similarity in those words to the DeOrr case. What is it with adults thinking of themselves - it's your child missing - not a $5 note!

Me too! And the part about people saying they were partying and in little DeOrr's case it was more about what people are saying on SM, than begging for their missing baby! That was the last missing little one case I followed because I thought I couldn't take it anymore. Yet, here I am. I'm praying little Shaylyn is found alive but I'm not feeling too hopeful.

These family members/parents of missing children, when invited during an interview, to take that chance to let the world know something that they think is important about their child or the situation, all too often instead make it into a "me, me, me" opportunity. Really? Grandma thought it most important to make sure that everyone knows there was NOT a party there last night. GRRRR.

Same crap we see in the DeOrr case. My gut feeling isn't on the dad though. I hope LE is looking hard at the female that was in and out of the home that night.
I'm very fearful for this child.
The dad does appear to have a very flat, emotionless vibe. In a weird way, they all do.

For some reason, I couldn't find the interview on the news site, but I found it here: [video=youtube;nBR22v3YzA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBR22v3YzA8[/video]

He sounds spacy. I get the impression she was in a pack-n-play, maybe? Instead of a regular crib? And that grandma was in charge of her day-to-day care when she was visiting dad. Are there any vindictive exes in the picture?

This is insane. The father is asked how he feels, his response is "I'm ok". What? OK?
I think if most people's dog went missing there would be more emotions. The mother
seems so "just another day. This is not going to end well.

Same crap we see in the DeOrr case. My gut feeling isn't on the dad though. I hope LE is looking into his gf/recent ex-gf. I speculate some issues there, IMO. Gut feeling only, but combined with being one of the persons in and out of the house that night, it worries me.
The dad does appear to have a very flat, emotionless vibe. In a weird way, they all do.

Has a girlfriend or ex-girlfriend of his been mentioned anywhere? Was she the one that dropped off the newspapers?

Same crap we see in the DeOrr case. My gut feeling isn't on the dad though. I hope LE is looking hard at the female that was in and out of the home that night.

bbm -- I agree with your assessment in general but especially with the bolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther