GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #3

Parker told his stepfather he cleaned her body with bleach then burned her clothes and pacifier. He said he hoped the bleach would destroy the DNA and he would be able to create reasonable doubt by blaming Shaylyn's father.
http://fox59.com/2016/03/28/man-cha...in-death-of-spencer-toddler-shaylyn-ammerman/

I really don't understand why Parker said he used bleach and LE couldn't find any trace of it. And to also have no DNA linked to him is almost too hard to believe. It's like he won the forensic lottery. IMO he is guilty - maybe there were problems with the lab or something and we'll never hear about it. I just don't know.

Parker gave police multiple, conflicting statements – at times implicating others in Shaylyn's death. Although he reportedly told his father the DNA evidence would point police to him, none of the DNA investigators were able to recover matched Parker's. Parker also reportedly told his stepfather he'd used bleach to try to cover his traces after sexually assaulting the 1-year-old, but police found no bleach on Shaylyn's body or clothing.

Making matters worse, the primary witnesses in the case had problems of their own.

Without specifying who he was referring to, VanDerMoere, in a short exchange with Master Trooper Stacy Lee Brown of the Indiana State Police, noted that several witnesses in the case have "a large number of impeachable offenses." At least one of the witnesses had previously been charged with rape.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ecutor-explains-plea-deal-in-kyle-parker-case

And something I had previously missed:

Of all the evidence collected from the grim Gosport scene where the body of Shaylyn Ammerman was found in March, none contained DNA that matched that of Kyle Parker, 23, who was charged with murder, rape and a slew of other felonies in the girl's death. Of the three people questioned with polygraph machines, two failed.

That left one option: Offer a plea deal.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/27/man-sentenced-killing-1-year-old/98469462/

My bolding. I can only think of three people who LE would give a polygraph to and it was already reported that Shaylyn's dad passed. So curious. There may or may not have been a second party involved but we may never know. I guess I'm glad Parker will be out of society until he's old.

Yep.

I am wondering if they collected samples from everyone they knew to be at the Ammeeman house that night and none of them matched, or if they for some reason couldn't compel them to cooperate.

I'm coming in way late. Curious about the mother. Could she file some sort of work trip death case per the dangerous living conditions inside that house. And what kind of judge would grant shared custody in a situation like this.

Sorry, on my phone and I can't see words till they post. I meant wrongful death charges against the father or Grandma for keeping this poor baby in such a horrendous house.

GracieLee, IIRC her mom had given Shaylyn's dad custody so she could go to school or something as opposed to a judge insisting on it. That's just me going off memory though.

I followed this case earlier on but didn't stay with it during trial. Just read on SM that investigators discovered a third persons DNA in the case and that KPs was not found. Does anyone have any reliable I go on this? if KP was innocent, why would he admit guilt? Thanks.

I followed this case earlier on but didn't stay with it during trial. Just read on SM that investigators discovered a third persons DNA in the case and that KPs was not found. Does anyone have any reliable I go on this? if KP was innocent, why would he admit guilt? Thanks.
What??
Maybe just a rumor?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, this is true, there were issues with the DNA, part of why a plea deal was made.

Of all the evidence collected from the grim Gosport scene where the body of Shaylyn Ammerman was found in March, none contained DNA that matched that of Kyle Parker, 23, who was charged with murder, rape and a slew of other felonies in the girl's death. Of the three people questioned with polygraph machines, two failed.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/27/man-sentenced-killing-1-year-old/98469462/

Doesn't mean he wasn't guilty, though.

After Parker had killed the girl, he drove to the location where police would eventually find her body. Parker told his stepfather that he tried to clean up evidence of the crime. Parker says he used bleach to wipe down the girl's body as well as his own. He also says he poured bleach inside her vaginal and anal cavities. Parker said he wanted to create "reasonable doubt" by using the bleach to destroy DNA evidence.

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2016/03/post-244.php

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have not heard that anywhere but I haven't bought out new info on it for a while.
I did not know that more than one person's DAN was found, I just remember reading that KP's was not.
My guess is that KP was involved whether or not his dna was there.
Are you able to share where you read about it?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It doesn't seem unreasonable that her parent's DNA would be there (of course...depending on what DNA we're talking about) it is certainly interesting though that KP was able to successfully destroy his. Curious detail.

It doesn't seem unreasonable that her parent's DNA would be there (of course...depending on what DNA we're talking about) it is certainly interesting though that KP was able to successfully destroy his. Curious detail.
I'm wondering if he lied about the nature of his involvement for some reason and his was never there. It doesn't make sense, but none of this makes sense.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Curious and weird, imo

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann