IN IN - Spencer, BlkFem 395UFIN, 25-45, medallion 'Corline S likes Steve P', Oct'03

Do want to add, jenstar, that if you are relatively new to submitting cases for comparison....you may want to seek advice from one far more experienced/capable than I. Do believe Houston Mom just brought a decades old case to a close....and a family was able to have their loved one home to RIP. :)

Thanks Capoly. :) I did get my start on MP cases. And do a fair share of both.

:juanettes:
CONGRATS! HustonMom! I hope all your hard work pays off. Bringing closure is something that all of us strive to do for others. You did well, my friend.

Don't see where I posted as such yesterday.. so an FYI re Black and Missing But Not Forgotten is working at getting Lovace Simmons recorded to NamUs. Hopefully...in short order...both UID/Simmons cases will be view-able on NamUs.

Don't see where I posted as such yesterday.. so an FYI re Black and Missing But Not Forgotten is working at getting Lovace Simmons recorded to NamUs. Hopefully...in short order...both UID/Simmons cases will be view-able on NamUs.

Good. I also mentioned something along those likes in the e-mail that I sent to the ISP. I know they have their casework cut out for them. But I did mention that they weren't listed in Namus and asked nicely if they could make sure that they were submitted for further rule-outs. So hopefully, all of this legwork will pan out.

sorry it took so long. the isp had a hard time grasping the concept of the possible matches to the uid. whomever replied didn't get that the uid was in the subject line an the two possible matches were in the body of the email. when asked for a contact number for the person who'd rexieved and replied, I didn't get a reply from them. which just means it went back to the general email box and probably was deleted by mistake. so I think contacting the missing persons case manager is the way to go. see if we can get any inquiries going from other agencies . maybe they'll have better luck with isp. right now, I have a few other things going. unless someone picks this up today and would like to make contact, I can do it tomorrow.

I just happened on this thread by reading new posts. It's pretty well buried, unfortunately.

Corline is a very unusual name. Very few in the US. I found a website that lists the usage as a first name. There were only six women in the US with that name. None had a surname beginning with S though. Or even with a P if the romantic in me sees the two getting married. It also shows what states the name appears, with most in California and New Mexico and the rest basically in Missouri and Illinois.

At first I wondered if perhaps they spelled her name wrong when using the stamping machine but kept it anyway because they didn't want to spend more money and it should actually be Coraline, which is much more common. I'm still going with Corline, though.There was a woman born in Michigan in 1939 whose name was Corline S. Stienbrenner but her ethnicity is listed as white.

Here's a link. Corline S Stienbrenner in the 1940 Census | Ancestry®
Here's the site regarding name usage. Corline - Names Encyclopedia

It's so hard to tell how old that token is. They've been around since the 1910s and still going strong into the 1980s and beyond. I'd hazard a guess that the token may not be referring to the UID specifically but may be a memento from her mother. I can just see some young woman going to a carnival or country fair with her boyfriend who keeps telling her he loves her and she won't commit and giggling they create this token where she says she 'likes' him. I also wonder if it was meant to be one of those infinity sayings, like you see written on a plate rim like 'a rose is a rose is a rose'. So it was supposed to be Corline S likes Steve P. loves Corline S likes Steve P....

The deceased is identified as African American. Just wondering why they are using a wig with long straight black hair unless there was evidence to suggest her hair was long. There are a couple of AA women missing who are identified as wearing wigs. Although I believe they've been excluded.

They make no mention at all of dentals. Does that mean she was edentulous? Did she have any teeth at all?

I think the size XL found on a fragment of cloth really tells us nothing about her size. The manufacturer Anvil has been around for a while. Online references for Anvil clothing made in the 1990s are for t-shirts. Can we assume that the fragment of cloth may be the collar of a t-shirt with the size tag still attached? Most of the offerings on eBay for vintage Anvil clothing are for t-shirts with band logos. Souvenir t-shirts sold at concerts are usually larger sizes which don't help for classifying a person's size.

The location of the remains is pretty rural. Does that suggest someone familiar with the area dumped the body there? I'm sure killers have driven out of state to dump a body, though, as recent events have shown.

And what if the anthropologist got it wrong and she was not AA but white, Native or multiracial?
I mean it happens very rarely that a Caucasian is estimated as AA, the opposite is more common, but it does happen. Look at "Princess Blue".

We definitely need DNA.

o_O
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

No new exclusions, just Stacey Chatman.

The wig isn't the worst thing about that appalling reconstruction. The person did several of the African-American UID reconstruction and they're all this ghoulish caricature style.

oh I know!! I have seen a few of those creepy clay heads with bad wigs reconstructions and have asked myself.. who looks like that?! But I guess it’s better than not having anything at all.. I guess. :eek:

And what if the anthropologist got it wrong and she was not AA but white, Native or multiracial?
I mean it happens very rarely that a Caucasian is estimated as AA, the opposite is more common, but it does happen. Look at "Princess Blue".

We definitely need DNA.

I agree. How do they KNOW she was AA if her post mortem range is that long?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back