In your opinion, why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

Why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

• Because they are truly in love.

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • To get her on his side/confidence.

Votes: 73 11.4%
  • To avoid statutory rape charges.

Votes: 177 27.7%
  • Because they think they won't have to testify against each other.

Votes: 156 24.4%
  • That Misty is maybe pregnant

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Who knows..this is too bizarre to even take a guess at.

Votes: 195 30.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was only trying to hold things together, to gather strength, or just to bond them all together as a family, then why did he look like he was facing a firing squad? Why doesn't he at least look like he is a little bit happy?
I don't know their reasons for getting married, I can speculate all day long but it doesn't change the fact that it was strange timing and appears suspicious given Misty's age and her involvement. His pastor refused to perform the ceremony, so that makes it even more strange to me.
Getting married does not make a family. They may be tied legally, but who knows if they are truly tied emotionally and spiritually?

I have said several times I do not understand the timing of the wedding, the last few days I have been really thinking about this. Sometimes when something tragic happens you cling to those you love and trust, you realize you have wasted time and not done some of the things you intended to do. You realize your life, hopes and dreams can change in a minute. I realize people will say Haleigh was missing and that is different than other tragic situations, but RC is hanging on with everything he has, in this moment he has lost a very big part of his life and has to feel lost. If marrying Misty bonds them all together, gives them strength, and hope then who are we to say it is wrong. I would gather to say that Haleigh was on all their minds during that entire wedding ceremony she was not forgotten. They have a tough row ahead of them and I wish them the best of luck, and I pray that very soon Haleigh will be back home with her father, stepmother, and brother where she belongs.
My sentiments exactly! Thanks for saying what I have been trying to say all along. :)

I think its to keep Misty quiet and on RCs side. I dont know why but I think he knows more about his Daughters disappearance than he says.
the 911 call is just odd. I mean who gets that hostile about officers not supposedly coming or whatever . I mean come on.
And when Ive seen him in interviews , hes crying but ive yet to see tears. Susan Smith revisited.
Haleighs mom ive seen tears from her and even Misty..so....Maybe shes been threatened to stay quiet IDK....but I think RC is not so innocent in all this JMOO>!!!

Seems to me the key to the whole marriage thing is where the ring came from. JMHO, but look there and you'll find answers.

I think they got married because of money, meaning I bet he got some money from the Today show for the interview and maybe some licensing fees-

jmo

Something that has occured to me is maybe he and Misty getting married was a way to stick it to Crystal? Not saying thats the only reason they got married, but it might have helped make his decision.

VB

IMO, so Ron and family could control, and watch Misty's every move so that they will not be caught with their pants down............to save their butts!
Make things look better for them.
I would like to see phone records on who called who the night of the big fight where
Hank Sr and Tommy went over to get Misty.
Did she call saying she wanted out of this?
like a hostage situation and when they came, she sided with Ron???
Then ratgate ..........

I chose "bizarre."

My husband last night had an interesting theory about this. Although some have said Ron is keeping his enemy close, my hub said perhaps he is just grasping as tightly as he can to the person who most likely has information about his daughter's disappearance. It could be a form of desperation.

I just don't know why they'd need to marry for him to keep him close or to get information from her. They were living together before, plenty of opportunities to ask questions.

I just don't know why they'd need to marry for him to keep him close or to get information from her. They were living together before, plenty of opportunities to ask questions.

Theoretically, Misty is now completely without external anchor. Her shelter, food, clothing....the basic needs...are the sole responsibility of Ronald (and his family, should they choose to also help). She is isolatd from her family. She has no job. No income. No education. She is, in fact, at the mercy of her husband.

For what it's worth, she seems well dressed, well fed, and it looks like she lives in a nice place. There is no indication that I can see that she is being mistreated.

But we can't know everything that happens behind closed doors. We can only know that they are all living in tension, extreme tension.

To clarify, my husband was talking about a psychological need to feel closest to whomever last saw or had information about Haleigh - the way we cling to clothing or favorite items of loved ones during grief.

I don't believe he didn't ask her, either, SS. I also will not call what he said "misspeak." He said it quite clearly and quite adamantly. I would call it deception, because as we both have indicated, we believe there WAS a discussion.

It is clear to me that Ron wants to have a B/W divide between what MC knows and what he knows, thus he goes with, as follows:

• I was at work

• I don't know

• I did not ask

He wants to ensure that he does not trip himself up by trying to keep up with the story and lies, he is putting all of that on MC to deal with while he steers clear of it all. Nuttin to with me.

Because they have a need to cover each others arses.............

I think Ronald and Misty got married because he realized he could be arrested for statutory rape.
IMO, it is nonsense that "Haleigh wanted them to get married." And as far as keeping his friends close and his enemies closer, I feel that is just as much nonsense.
Now this is just my opinion only.

ETA: And the big one.................to cover their rear ends.

JMO, MOO

If they were so concerned with what Haleigh wanted, they would have waited until she came home so that she could be present and part of this wedding she supposedly wanted so badly. They could have got engaged, but wouldn't they have wanted to wait for Haleigh to return before marrying? The fact that they did it without her.. making a point to say that it was somehow in her honor because she wanted it.. makes me think that they knew for sure that she wouldn't be coming back home. :(

not for nothing but he didn't even look like he was having a good time at his own wedding. She looked as happy as could be, and that threw a red flag at me.

He could have married her for the stat rap law. It could have been b/c of the law regarding testifing against each other. The one thingi know for sure, RC didn't look like he WANTED this wedding at all. JMO

ETA: Just when you think you have heard it all, RC will turn and back his wife 100%.......

I have been following this case and had to put in my opnion b/c it just keeps nagging me. RC is in on it, so is MC. He begged her to keep quiet-she was giving him a hard time and he bribed her-"I will marry you if you keep your mouth shut"-he gave her what she wanted-a ring (a nice ring too for people of their means) and married her young immature *advertiser censored*. This case disgusts me-these drug addicted low lifes must be broken-there is no way it should have gone on this long-what ever was the dumpster about in the very beginning of the case? Are the cops in on the cover up/drug $?????? This is all JMO-getting frustrated.

I have been following this case and had to put in my opnion b/c it just keeps nagging me. RC is in on it, so is MC. He begged her to keep quiet-she was giving him a hard time and he bribed her-"I will marry you if you keep your mouth shut"-he gave her what she wanted-a ring (a nice ring too for people of their means) and married her young immature *advertiser censored*. This case disgusts me-these drug addicted low lifes must be broken-there is no way it should have gone on this long-what ever was the dumpster about in the very beginning of the case? Are the cops in on the cover up/drug $?????? This is all JMO-getting frustrated.

Sophia you don't have to mince words dear, you can spit it right out! Just spoofing you, you summed it up quite nicely.

It would appear to me also, that Ron has some sort of special connection with LE in that area, but I don't really know enough yet. The fact that there
is an appearance of something not right going on is not good though. Sophia, think and break this case and then tell me!:confused:

It keeps me up at night-this and that other wacko KC-I have a very hard time w/ LE at times and all the "croneyism"-they screwed up Natalie Holloway, KC (in the beginning) and now my hinkey meter is up w/ Samsuta-that dumpster was key-now its bunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6