Inconsistencies/Discrepancies & Timeline discussion

These are inconsistencies unless I have misunderstood something. If so, will someone please clear it up for me?

Phone calls: Misty to Ron

Did Misty call Ron only that once as he was, "pulling into the driveway?"

Did Ron not asnwer the call b/c he was already in the driveway and going to be inside in a minute?

So Ron knew that it was Misty who was calling?

Didn't Ron say that he was shocked to see Misty awake at that hour when he got home?

Well, if she just called him.... then she's awake making the call, so why is he "shocked" to find her awake if she just called him seconds ago when he was in the driveway?

I do remember Ron saying that he was pulling up at the time the phone rang so he didn't answer. I don't remember when I heard this, but I remember it was him saying it. (early interview or something).

You make a good point. If he was so shocked at seeing her at the door, why didn't he answer the phone when she called?

My husband has done that "not answering because I'm pulling up right now" thing, but usually only because he is on the phone. But, I can't imagine him ignoring my call at 3:27 am or whatever.

DotsEyes, I don't know very many women who had kids at 12 and 13, do you? Very few 17 yr. olds are raising 4 and 5 y.o. kids. They were not Misty's son and daughter. But I do see your point. She might have been exhausted from cleaning, etc. And not being their mother, she would not have had those motherly instincts kicking in, like waking when your child makes a sound. BUT, if Haleigh were in the toddler bed or on the big bed, wouldn't you notice her gone the INSTANT you woke up/got up? And not have to get halfway to the bathroom... either one... before noticing a light on? The way she says this, it seems that she woke up, started to the bathroom, noticed the kitchen light on, saw the back door wide open, then went back to the bedroom to get the cell phone to call Ronald, THEN noticed Haleigh gone. Isn't that a little odd? I would notice my child not in her bed the first thing... not the last thing.
She's young, I give her that... and that says it all. A loving and concerned father would not trust his children to someone that ditzy... JMO.

She has said so many things about that night that it has become silly to even repeat them.
But let's have a go;

She woke up a litte before 3.
She woke up after 3.
She saw a three on the clock when she woke up.

She noticed Haleigh missing when she woke up to get a drink.
She noticed Haleigh missing on the way back from the bathroom.
She noticed Haleigh missing after she saw the kitchen light on.
She noticed Haleigh missing before she found the door open.
She noticed Haleigh missing after she found the door open.

She called RC after she saw the light on.
She called RC before she discovered Haleigh missing.
She called RC after she noticed Haleigh missing.
She called RC after she noticed the door open.
She called RC as he was pulling in the driveway.
She called RC as he was on the road almost home.
She didn't call RC, as he got home as she was calling him.

The blanket stories.
Which movies they watched.
When they watched them.
Where they watched them.
What time they went to bed.
What bed each one was in.
What she covered them with.
etc, etc, etc!

And she isn't the only one changing stories, or adding stories;
GM, GGM, RC, CC, CS, Jr, etc, etc, etc!

Then add GA, CA, DC, LP, Cobra, CS atty, RC atty, GR, GVS, NG, The today show, etc etc etc!

Also, our local posters; player, stormy, LFlorida, Annafl, pirate, etc, etc, etc!

LE appears to not know where she is,
whether someone took her,
or something happened there.
As they have said, "We don't know what crime occurred, or when the event happened."

The only thing we all know for sure is Haleigh isn't where she is supposed to be.

So, where is she? What happened to her?
No one seems to know. But many seem to think the best thing to do about it is;
deny, deny, deny,
and lie, lie, lie,
and muddy the water as much as possible,
and fight over Jr.

OMGosh! What a mess!!!

It is a mess. That poor child is missing and they keep on like a bunch of kids themselves giving stories that do not make any sense.
They shoulld be more interested in finding Haliegh I think and stop all the bickering between them all. Find Haliegh first and then they can bicker all they want.

I don't think I have ever heard Misty say that when she saw the light she wondered if Ronald could be home. Not important I guess, but just wondered.

Okay, I'm forming an opinion on Jr's inconsistencies-- Let's say GGS suggests to him it was a black man (going to hang it on WBG imo). Interviewers hours later note variances in that story. As time goes by, Jr adds his own, real memories, to the suggested one.

Black man-- is now man dressed in black, squeaky shoes is corrected to bouncing couch, and now we have someone emerging from "the wall".

I think Jr is a witness with something to say. The professionals should re-interview him and see what he has to say now. imo

Someone emerging from the wall? Where did he say that? TIA

It might be magical thinking in someone his age. He may have heard that there was no signs of forced entry and thought that it means it's someone who can walk through the walls, like a ghost or something.

This is dated 3/6;

In the interview Wednesday, Croslin said Haleigh watched “Madagascar” and “AirBud” with her brother, then snuggled beneath a blanket in a pink Hannah Montana top. She reported Haleigh was wearing that top when she disappeared.

She then saw the Hannah Montana shirt in a laundry pile by the back door. “When I put her blanket on she had that shirt on,” Croslin told the Times-Union on Wednesday.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back?page=1

I believe her most recent story is that Jr watched Madagascar in the living room while Haleigh watched Air bud, or buddies in the bedroom. She says she was in the bedroom with Haleigh.
She also mentions the blanket in this video, but only mentions putting it on Haleigh, after washing it.
Here's the link, it's 2:30 minutes into the video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNe0zHiLtgo

I thought Jr. said he was afraid of someone coming out of the floor.

It is still just a rumor that MC wasn't home that night. It is still just a rumor that she was involved with another man and just spent the weekend partying with him which has morphed into her sleeping in the van with the bf.

:waitasec: Original Haleigh Cummings case police narrative

Misty ran around the residence frantically looking for Haleigh and that she noticed the back door was standing open. Misty said that she was sure the back door had been locked prior to her going to bed.

Misty said that at approximately 5 minutes after she noticed Haleigh missing, Ronald arrived home.
Did not say anything about laundry....

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/missing_haleigh_police_report_021609

Does anyone know why the Cummings side accused CS of putting JR to danger because she took him on GR telling the world that he could identify the abductor, the black man in squeaky shoes?

At the same time they maintain that the black man story never happened.

So why is JR in danger if the black man in squeaky shoes is an imaginary character?

Okay, I'm forming an opinion on Jr's inconsistencies-- Let's say GGS suggests to him it was a black man (going to hang it on WBG imo). Interviewers hours later note variances in that story. As time goes by, Jr adds his own, real memories, to the suggested one.

Black man-- is now man dressed in black, squeaky shoes is corrected to bouncing couch, and now we have someone emerging from "the wall".

I think Jr is a witness with something to say. The professionals should re-interview him and see what he has to say now. imo

It's hard to say for sure but I'd guess as time goes on, he's adding his own imagination details. What I'd really like to hear is what he says about Misty being there.

I don't know, my guess would be they don't believe the story, or parts of the story, but if there is even a tiny shred of proof to it, then they believe that they have placed Jr's life in danger. Their denial of the story could also be an effort to protect Jr, who knows.

Does anyone know why the Cummings side accused CS of putting JR to danger because she took him on GR telling the world that he could identify the abductor, the black man in squeaky shoes?

At the same time they maintain that the black man story never happened.

So why is JR in danger if the black man in squeaky shoes is an imaginary character?

She has said so many things about that night that it has become silly to even repeat them.
But let's have a go;

She woke up a litte before 3.
She woke up after 3.
She saw a three on the clock when she woke up.

She noticed Haleigh missing when she woke up to get a drink.
She noticed Haleigh missing on the way back from the bathroom.
She noticed Haleigh missing after she saw the kitchen light on.
She noticed Haleigh missing before she found the door open.
She noticed Haleigh missing after she found the door open.

She called RC after she saw the light on.
She called RC before she discovered Haleigh missing.
She called RC after she noticed Haleigh missing.
She called RC after she noticed the door open.
She called RC as he was pulling in the driveway.
She called RC as he was on the road almost home.
She didn't call RC, as he got home as she was calling him.

The blanket stories.
Which movies they watched.
When they watched them.
Where they watched them.
What time they went to bed.
What bed each one was in.
What she covered them with.
etc, etc, etc!

And she isn't the only one changing stories, or adding stories;
GM, GGM, RC, CC, CS, Jr, etc, etc, etc!

Then add GA, CA, DC, LP, Cobra, CS atty, RC atty, GR, GVS, NG, The today show, etc etc etc!

Also, our local posters; player, stormy, LFlorida, Annafl, pirate, etc, etc, etc!

LE appears to not know where she is,
whether someone took her,
or something happened there.
As they have said, "We don't know what crime occurred, or when the event happened."

The only thing we all know for sure is Haleigh isn't where she is supposed to be.

So, where is she? What happened to her?
No one seems to know. But many seem to think the best thing to do about it is;
deny, deny, deny,
and lie, lie, lie,
and muddy the water as much as possible,
and fight over Jr.

OMGosh! What a mess!!!

One you forgot..MC said that HC got up to get a drink and never came back

This case is so frustrating, has been from the beginning, IMO. I don't know who to believe and the worst part, of course is that Haleigh is still gone.

Bringing back good ol' inconsistencies thread, because a link in another thread caught my eye.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/21/news/news02.prt[/QUOTE]

From that article:

In an interview Friday morning on NBC's "Today" show, Croslin denied reports she was not at home when Haleigh vanished.

"I was home," Croslin said "I never left that house that day at all."

:waitasec:

She says she never left that house that day at all?
But wasn't she supposed to have taken the kids for a walk, visited her dad at the hospital and some other alleged things too?

Misty is not telling everything she knows with regard to what happened that day. If she were, there would be no inconsistencies with a timeline.

Misty is not telling everything she knows with regard to what happened that day. If she were, there would be no inconsistencies with a timeline.
PCSO should not be hung up on the timeline from her. Gosh, look at what Casey's timeline entailed! None of it was true! Yet they built a case around it in spite of the A fam's attempts to thwart the entire investigation. Why can't PCSO do the same? :confused:

If this case grows cold only because of Misty's memory then they need to revise what they are doing and bring in additional help next time before touching a crime scene.

Not cleared as a suspect
Published: Saturday, March 14, 2009 1:44 AM EDT

"Our interviews with her have been pretty much like what you saw on the "Today Show," Bowling said. "We've confronted her with her inconsistencies and America got a sample of our interviews with her."
Bowling also disputed Croslin's assertion on TV that she wasn't a suspect.
"We have not ruled her out as a suspect," he said.
He also said Croslin walked out of the room while being questioned by detectives on Wednesday.
"Misty is the key to the investigation and we are trying to work through inconsistencies in her account of the critical time period," Bowling said."

Given Misty's activites in the days preceding Haleigh's disappearance with her various friends who have surfaced, her inability to explain WHY she is inconsistent and tells various stories, the fact that none of her stories make much sense in terms of how someone in that situation would reasonably act, her uncooperative attitude, her grinning performance with her engagement ring and subsequent marriage I'd say she is or should be looked at for much more than just the timeline.

Plus, we all know LE is not going to say who they suspect, especially in a case like this. We can all draw our own conclusions of who the suspects are based upon logical inferences.

Not to nitpick... (really :)) but LE is saying Misty is the key to the timeline, not the entire case. She isn't considered a suspect, at least as far as LE is saying.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133696&catid=295

to put the lie to Casey's timetable. It was evident from the beginning that everything she said was a lie. It's been a while but, as I recall, it was easy to prove she lied about having a job, a nanny, where she dropped Haleigh off etc-it was a veritable wealth of lies. Here the lies are more contained, less extreme and harder to discover. Lots of crimes aren't solved. I can't fault LE here, yet. You have a fairly isloated MH with a teen and 2 young children and a space of a few hours when the father comes home and then the police come-much simpler scenario. Casey's was too crazy, too invovled and too easily disproven. Here they're keeping it simple-I was asleep, I was at work.

PCSO should not be hung up on the timeline from her. Gosh, look at what Casey's timeline entailed! None of it was true! Yet they built a case around it in spite of the A fam's attempts to thwart the entire investigation. Why can't PCSO do the same? :confused:

If this case grows cold only because of Misty's memory then they need to revise what they are doing and bring in additional help next time before touching a crime scene.

RE: The "inconsistencies".

In the BIG scheme of things what material difference does it make if MC awoke at 2:30, 2:53, 3:03 or 3:23? If she awoke earlier than she stated and waited to call 911 until instructed to do so by RC, it doesn't change the fact that HaLeigh was missing when she awoke. Bad decision? Sure, to us, but we are much older and wiser than MC. I can't judge a slow 17 year old based upon what I might do under similar situations. And I can't judge her because she can not remember the exact series of moves she made that morning or at the exact time she did whatever.

Of course she is key to the timeline! She was the last person to see HaLeigh! No one else could be the key to MC's timeline so having LE state the obvious shouldn't be taken out of context or morphed into a sinister agenda. IMHO it is wasting space to maintain that she is not forthcoming in her responses to questions about that morning. She can't state things she doesn't know. She has given LE all the information she has.

POLYGRAPH. She took at least 3. She spent over 30 hours with LE, answering questions. She didn't confess, she didn't implicate herself.

The inconsistencies are minor in my opinion. As stated above, KC lied about every aspect of her life and her "inconsistencies" didn't stump LE into stasis.

This is just my opinion. You are free to agree, disagree or ignore my opinions.

Not cleared as a suspect
Published: Saturday, March 14, 2009 1:44 AM EDT

"Our interviews with her have been pretty much like what you saw on the "Today Show," Bowling said. "We've confronted her with her inconsistencies and America got a sample of our interviews with her."
Bowling also disputed Croslin's assertion on TV that she wasn't a suspect.
"We have not ruled her out as a suspect," he said.
He also said Croslin walked out of the room while being questioned by detectives on Wednesday.
"Misty is the key to the investigation and we are trying to work through inconsistencies in her account of the critical time period," Bowling said."

Given Misty's activites in the days preceding Haleigh's disappearance with her various friends who have surfaced, her inability to explain WHY she is inconsistent and tells various stories, the fact that none of her stories make much sense in terms of how someone in that situation would reasonably act, her uncooperative attitude, her grinning performance with her engagement ring and subsequent marriage I'd say she is or should be looked at for much more than just the timeline.

Plus, we all know LE is not going to say who they suspect, especially in a case like this. We can all draw our own conclusions of who the suspects are based upon logical inferences.

I would say that the bolded statement means just what it says... she is the key to the investigation AND they are trying to work through her inconsistencies in her account of the critical time period.
I'm curious as to why they are concerned with the hours between 7:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m. Why not 10:00 when she says she went to bed after cleaning? It tells me they aren't buying her story of putting them to bed at 8:00 and going to bed herself at 10:00. It tells me that they think she is lying about being there during those times, and that Haleigh could have been taken anytime after GGma Sykes saw them.... if indeed she did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back