Interview with Casey - Is it finally happening this time?

:seeya: Yep ... and that would be about 4 years after that verdict which was rendered on 7-5-11.

:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

I keep wondering about the timing... Does her arrival in NYC mean there's something going on that we don't know about in regards to the civil suits? Possible settlement? Or, do they have a plan in place to hide any money from NBC, and she's choosing to do the interview while the suits are ongoing so she has a built-in excuse not to answer anything regarding Caylee ,and June 16th, in particular? Flashback to her hiding behind that pesky Fifth Amendment... I'm thinking out loud here, and, of course, this is all just an "if" there's even a plan in the works... But, in the past they've gone to great lengths not to show their hand while anything legal was pending, and she had to have known she'd be outed in NYC, if she didn't plan it herself... And where was ChMason? No way he'd let her loose in that city, left to her own devices...

All jmo.

NBC can say whatever they want in regards to if there is an interview in the future. The fact that they don't seem to ne denying is that they paid for her to have first class accommodation to get to NY to have talks with her. They didn't do that for any charitable reasons toward her. They had or still have an interest in paying her for doing an interview, documentary or something else. Nothing will be put in writing until after her civil suits are settled. Then they will help her to hide the money. If it does not fall through between now and then.

If they have money to burn there are plenty of other charities they can donate to that are far more worthy than CA---She won't admit to anything---she will be proclaiming her innocence and GA will be at fault---

She will have to say that she is confessing to the murder of her daughter and give the details. Then I might watch. Casey doesnt matter anymore-she is old news. Caylee matters. Desperation for attention is what is driving her out from under cover. She is the female Zimmerman. jmvho.

oxoxox
lol- I misspelled NBC, too. :)

The whole "iorny" thing still makes me laugh. :D Baez's Bloopers. lol Does he think he's finally going to get some bucks out of FCA with this reported deal with NBC? The "cash cow" turned out to be a big ol' cow patty for him...GOOD. :)

I'm hoping the whole debacle turns out to be just that and we get to watch the cast of characters implode. With any luck, the big "Casey Anthony speaks!" will be a royal fizzle and when her sugar daddies and mommies depart with wallets in hand, FCA reverts to type and starts stealing again...hopefully from Mason...and then, no more "get out of jail free" cards for the special snowflake. :jail:

Well....a girl can dream, can't she. ;)

I wonder if there is any significance to this happening at the 4th anniversary of the verdict? Is Casey impatient and desperate for money? Why not just wait until the 5th anniversary for her first interview?

I have lost a ton of respect for ML and the TODAY Show IF the rumors are true.

I would be shocked if its the today show. I predict an hour long special on Friday sat or Sunday evening. Perhaps as an episode of dateline. The today show format doesn't seem to fit this type of interview. It tends to be very light news of 10 min max on each story during the morning hours.

Maybe they got it all wrong and she'll end up doing D list celebrity boxing or some other stupid thing.

Yes, fair enough. There's certainly a LOT of stuff here lol. So I accept that and I have been looking around but for someone coming in late it's quite daunting.

So, if I wanted to post such a thing, an imaginary account from Casey's perspective, would it be appropriate to post it to the "4 years later" thread do you think??

Edited to add: I have the timeline in my head and a picture of how it all panned out and I can't get the damned woman out of mind. I'm going to have to write this thing anyway so I'm wondering what to do with it afterwards. I'd like other people to pick holes in it and tell me where I'm wrong, if they were interested in doing that. For example the Wikipedia timeline has errors and that surprises me given it was such a high profile, picked over case.

Hi if you are just getting started then http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_directory_index.htm
and http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread431159/pg1 are both excellent resources. Police statements and depos are good reading and I highly recommend the jail house tapes/videos. It'll probably take most of the weekend to get through those. Casey has never given a true account. There's been 4 versions of events given to authorities and then there's the version given to psychologists and astoundingly during the ZG lawsuit KC still insists zanny the nanny is a real person.

Maybe they got it all wrong and she'll end up doing D list celebrity boxing or some other stupid thing.

Zimmerman is the sole booker for both "news" and entertainment (separate departments on paper, if not in reality), so the boxing thing is theoretically possible. :D

But it's telling, that great big yawn out there after TMZ tried to whip up interest. There's just no interest. Snippets in tabloids, the latest a silly rumor about the Today show. Rephrased tabloid speculation:

"IF NBC is paying her for a potential interview and IF the interview is on the Today show then LIKELY Matt Lauer would interview her."

Right. And IF a stranger knocked on my door and IF she gave me a million dollars then it is LIKELY that in the future I'll be posting on WS from my luxury hotel suite in Tokyo or Beijing or Prague or Salzburg....

I'll still watch, no matter who interviews her. I am curious and even though she is my prime suspect, I have no hatred for her - how could I? I have my own children/grandchildren/ my own life and my own troubles. That's enough for me to cope with without hating anyone for things I can do nothing about.

About a luxury suite in Prague, or Salzburg, well I been there, and they ain't that great. Tokyo may be toxic/Fukashima, and Bejing may not be all that - had a friend who came home disillusioned. To each their own, but I marvel at the hatred I see for Casey Anthony. I simply do not have the time for it, and will watch whatever she has to say - with a grain of salt of course.

I'll still watch, no matter who interviews her. I am curious and even though she is my prime suspect, I have no hatred for her - how could I? I have my own children/grandchildren/ my own life and my own troubles. That's enough for me to cope with without hating anyone for things I can do nothing about.

About a luxury suite in Prague, or Salzburg, well I been there, and they ain't that great. Tokyo may be toxic/Fukashima, and Bejing may not be all that - had a friend who came home disillusioned. To each their own, but I marvel at the hatred I see for Casey Anthony. I simply do not have the time for it, and will watch whatever she has to say - with a grain of salt of course.
I'm getting tired of these types of posts that assume that people here have all this 'hatred' for Casey Anthony. I am outraged for Caylee that she never received justice and now her mother is STILL trying to cash in on her murder. There is a huge difference. If I really hated Casey, I would watch every second of an interview so I could pick apart her looks and her lies. But I won't because I just don't care enough about her to waste my time listening to a liar and also contribute to any TV ratings the network is trying to generate. Now, if someone were to put together a special that focused on Caylee (and not her messed up family), and highlights all the circumstantial and forensic evidence of the murder by her mother, including the 'foolproof suffocation' searches Casey made on the morning of the last day Caylee was seen alive, I would watch that in a heartbeat. I however, I never want to hear a word from Casey Anthony again. :moo:

To each their own indeed....I've been to Prague - a beautiful, incredibly romantic city with great food, and to Salzburg--also beautiful, small enough to feel at home in, with majestic views of the Alps, and to Beijing-- a fascinating city, and the only place to enjoy genuine Peking duck (a multi-course meal, each course based on an individual part of the duck).

Haven't been to Tokyo so can't speak from personal experience, but have been to Kiev , where because of its proximity to Chernoble it is still prudent to avoid fresh fruits and vegetables, but the air is fine to breath.

As far as hating FCA. Personally, I don't hate her. I do think she got away with murder. I also think killing a child is the most vile, evil and unforgivable crime it is possible for an individual to commit.

She's a despicable lazy parasite. Given freedom she doesn't deserve, she can't be bothered to to anything with her life except devote it to trying to escape responsibility and to profit off the dead daughter she threw away like garbage.

But, I don't hate her. :)

I think it is best if people just ignore the interview. Discussing it is fine but petitions, etc are just going to create more attention, and that could lead to more viewers b/c of curiosity. Do you want to make this interview a news item until it takes place? The more Americans that are aware, the more potential viewers, that's why studios pay millions of dollars on advertising. I really believe that if it was shown that Casey would bring in these amazing ratings, this interview would've happened much sooner. They didn't think the ratings they would get would be worth the outrage it would cause. Look at Rolling Stone with the Boston Bomber on the cover. There was tons of outrage over that but RS determined that the amount of attention and sales it would bring in was worth it.

I think what will turn people off for the interview is that it doesn't really matter what Casey has to say. With Zimmerman, people want to hear what happened between him and Trayvon (his view). With the Ramseys, people want to hear what exactly they did between 12/25-12/26. What those people have to say is going to be talked in theories about the case. But with Casey, what could she possibly say that would be "useful" or "interesting" to people who follow the case? Are we going to change our theories based on what she said? So I do think that is a big part of why people are so against this interview, compared to other killers who have talked to the media.

I think it is best if people just ignore the interview. Discussing it is fine but petitions, etc are just going to create more attention, and that could lead to more viewers b/c of curiosity. Do you want to make this interview a news item until it takes place? The more Americans that are aware, the more potential viewers, that's why studios pay millions of dollars on advertising. I really believe that if it was shown that Casey would bring in these amazing ratings, this interview would've happened much sooner. They didn't think the ratings they would get would be worth the outrage it would cause. Look at Rolling Stone with the Boston Bomber on the cover. There was tons of outrage over that but RS determined that the amount of attention and sales it would bring in was worth it.

I think what will turn people off for the interview is that it doesn't really matter what Casey has to say. With Zimmerman, people want to hear what happened between him and Trayvon (his view). With the Ramseys, people want to hear what exactly they did between 12/25-12/26. What those people have to say is going to be talked in theories about the case. But with Casey, what could she possibly say that would be "useful" or "interesting" to people who follow the case? Are we going to change our theories based on what she said? So I do think that is a big part of why people are so against this interview, compared to other killers who have talked to the media.
BBM - That's exactly what I intend to do, but I would prefer that it NEVER take place at all. :moo: Even if the interview happens, she's yesterdays news and won't be able to push the Duggars, Caitlyn Jenner, etc. out of the spotlight.

Removed several posts. Please stop the tit-for-tat, back & forth bickering, okay?

Reminder: The ignore feature is your friend. :)

BBM

Some of us just feel very strongly about Caylee's very short, very tragic life, and just because we strongly despise her murderer and feel that under no circumstances should she be walking free, doesn't mean we don't have a life (or children, or grandchildren)... As far as not being able to do anything about it, I have no doubt that Caylee supporters have already made a huge difference, putting up roadblocks for fca every chance they have to do so. And because there's been no resolution in this case, emotions are going to be raw. You can't just flip a switch and say it's done, she's free, move along. I can't speak for what the driving force for others is, but I know I was heavily invested in this case, and looked sooooo forward to seeing Caylee get justice. And I equally looked forward to seeing fca go down. I don't feel bad for saying I hate fca for what she did to Caylee. I don't think that makes me bad, or something to be marveled at, it just makes me human. We feel anger, and sometimes even hatred...

Too many people let this little girl down because they were more consumed with their own lives and didn't have the time to be bothered with what was best for Caylee. To name a few, the jurors, her own family, attorneys, and now add an entire network to that list... And with regards to the interview, everyone benefiting from it will be doing so at Caylee's expense. I will do my small part by not tuning in and supporting whatever causes I can to prevent it from happening...

Bottom line, it's what we do with our hostility that matters, as long as we're doing something productive with it and not just holding onto it... I think this board is a great example, whether we're talking about it, venting, or just reading, we're here doing what we can to support and speak up for Caylee...

All jmo.

I do know I will not watch---I don't care about hearing her lies anymore. If she had some form of truth she would talk without the money.
I do wish that if NBC has that much money to burn that they donate it to those who deserve it--If they need to fly someone first class fly our veterans--they have done more and deserve it more than CA---she deserves nothing NOTHING at all---angers me

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back