Investigators search east of Skyline school

I don't know? I'm not familiar with how searches work...

I chatted with a few searchers this weekend, and I talked with one camera person from media who had been out in the woods filming them, so this weekend they did not seem to mind the media/public presence.

Would the reason be that they are concentrating on a certain area and do not want it disturbed?

Around here, the main reason searchers would want to be photographed and have media people with them is to keep everybody looking in a certain direction while they did something important somewhere else.

I'm not sitting on the fence, I'm off to the side waiting for real evidence to come in -- probably not until a trial. I will be surprised if more than a quarter of the things we've read in the press turn out to be true. Just because LE says it doesn't mean it's true.

Around here, the main reason searchers would want to be photographed and have media people with them is to keep everybody looking in a certain direction while they did something important somewhere else.
I'm not sitting on the fence, I'm off to the side waiting for real evidence to come in -- probably not until a trial. I will be surprised if more than a quarter of the things we've read in the press turn out to be true. Just because LE says it doesn't mean it's true.

Bingo.

Are they still searching today?? TIA!!

I agree.Are they searching anywhere today or tommorrow or anytime?are they searching for Kyron or just a cell phone.I seriously hope and pray they are searching for this sweet little boy and not just a cell phone.

I think they have been searching for Kyron on all of the searches, Ms. S.; and if they find other evidence, so much the better.

But I have not heard about any searching today. I am very discouraged.

This thread might need merging with another but it seems as if DeDe has given info about a possible search area for Kyron.

Searchers in the Kyron Horman investigation were working east of Skyline Elementary Saturday, acting on information developed from Dede Spicher, reliable sources told KGW.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Investigators-search-Portland-kyron-Skyline-school-100195694.html

matou, just wanted to note that the link in your post no longer works, it takes you to the red balloon release story. When I searched KGW for any Spicher articles this is the only one that still references DeDe and the Skyline search. No mention in the article that DeDe provided information that led to the search.

http://www.kgw.com/home/InvestigatorsSearchWhereDedeGardened-100231774.html

Any idea why KGW edited the story?

matou, just wanted to note that the link in your post no longer works, it takes you to the red balloon release story. When I searched KGW for any Spicher articles this is the only one that still references DeDe and the Skyline search. No mention in the article that DeDe provided information that led to the search.

I'll have to check but obviously the story was there with the quotes and we discussed it for awhile. That's weird. "Acting on information...." I'll have to search it again. I need the original date of the story, probably the same date as the first post. Thanks.

I'll have to check but obviously the story was there with the quotes and we discussed it for awhile. That's weird. "Acting on information...." I'll have to search it again. I need the original date of the story, probably the same date as the first post. Thanks.

Note:The title of this thread is the title of the original article that was taken down Investigators search east of Skyline school. It is in Google search but even the cache is gone.

here's another article:
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Kyr...t-of-Skyline-Elementary-School-100228669.html

I'm not doubting you or that the story was there. The point I'm (trying to) making is KGW removed the article that implicated the search was borne on information that DeDe provided.

I'm not doubting you or that the story was there. The point I'm (trying to) making is KGW removed the article that implicated the search was borne on information that DeDe provided.

I know, thanks for pointing it out and thanks to BeanE for finding and linking the cache (the video still works and you SHOULD watch it again!) It shows people going to GJ and parents whose children knew Kyron and what they think about the case.

There are only two reasons I can think of, for deleting the fact that DeDe provided information.

If DeDe is fully cooperating, giving good information and they don't want a suspect to know that. For her safety, for the integrity of the investigation, for the element of surprise, etc.

I have seen this done in other cases. Where you will see the article about the search, but not where the information came from. Or you will see the reduction in someone's sentence, but not that they got it for assisting investigators.

Or if they were able to determine the information was not accurate, those are the only two things I can think of.

There are only two reasons I can think of, for deleting the fact that DeDe provided information.

If DeDe is fully cooperating, giving good information and they don't want a suspect to know that. For her safety, for the integrity of the investigation, for the element of surprise, etc.

I have seen this done in other cases. Where you will see the article about the search, but not where the information came from. Or you will see the reduction in someone's sentence, but not that they got it for assisting investigators.

Or if they were able to determine the information was not accurate, those are the only two things I can think of.

Totally agree.......I wonder which one.......

To me this is one of the most significant headlines I had seen in a couple of weeks.......

cos if the article was true then it means that dede and terri ARE in fact guilty of this.......

I think that if this news site has put out inaccurate information, especially information as vitally significant as this, then they should come out and say they stuffed up!!

Another possibility of course is that attorneys have jumped onto this news site and threatened to sue for some reason.....

LE could have told KGW it was false information, so they would remove it... in order to protect the source of the information. It could be BOTH.

Totally agree.......I wonder which one.......

To me this is one of the most significant headlines I had seen in a couple of weeks.......

cos if the article was true then it means that dede and terri ARE in fact guilty of this.......

I think that if this news site has put out inaccurate information, especially information as vitally significant as this, then they should come out and say they stuffed up!!

Another possibility of course is that attorneys have jumped onto this news site and threatened to sue for some reason.....

I don't have any idea where this should go, but I'm wondering if the owner of the gardens where Dede was working that day is doing her own search on the property. If I were the owner, I might not be able to sleep at night, knowing he might be out there, somewhere. If you owned the property, would you continue to search there? Of course I don't know what conclusions the SAR teams came to after the last intensive search there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back