GUILTY Ireland - Ashling Murphy, 23, school teacher, beaten to death, Tullamore, County Offaly, 12 Jan 2022 *arrest*

Looking over the reporting it seems Gardai have a good case. CCTV footage of him in the area. Multiples witnesses ID him at the scene. A bike at the scene covered in prints etc. His wounds from Ashlings brave defence.
he hasn't a leg to stand on, it was broad daylight and two people intervened... that's probably why he tried to kill himself knows he's screwed

bet he'll pleade insanity

Interpretor? Wat a joke his posts on Facebook, what I've seen are all in English
Playing the dumb card now smh
Regardless of what we think of him, due process has to be upheld. It is one thing to type Facebook posts in English when you're not a native speaker but quite another thing to understand all the legalese and complex language used in court proceedings. It is in everybody's interest that he gets a fair trial so that the verdict is sound.

he hasn't a leg to stand on, it was broad daylight and two people intervened... that's probably why he tried to kill himself knows he's screwed

bet he'll pleade insanity

Possible insanity. Will more than likely have some sob story about a tough childhood and how he will suffer as a foreign national in an Irish prison.

Possible insanity. Will more than likely have some sob story about a tough childhood and how he will suffer as a foreign national in an Irish prison.
Well,
This is what I predicted while reading reports of this tragedy.
The crime was absolutely disorganised, the mark of a "madman".
Possible suicide attempt.
And now the revelation of disability.
But, we shall see.

Regardless of what we think of him, due process has to be upheld. It is one thing to type Facebook posts in English when you're not a native speaker but quite another thing to understand all the legalese and complex language used in court proceedings. It is in everybody's interest that he gets a fair trial so that the verdict is sound.

Exactly this. The police and courts will insist on an interpreter so nothing can be... misinterpreted... to prevent him potentially getting acquitted on a technicality. He may not need it day to day, but it ensures there are no misunderstandings in interview questioning.

Lots of social media posts with
Well,
This is what I predicted while reading reports of this tragedy.
The crime was absolutely disorganised, the mark of a "madman".
Possible suicide attempt.
And now the revelation of disability.
But, we shall see.
I would take the disablity payment with a grain of salt. I would not take being on that payment as a fact someone is disabled. People with all sorts of minor issues and non at all are on that payment. It is an abused payment.

Posts online allegedly saying that he said he was attacked when presenting with stab injuries. Suggesting it was attempt to tie in his other injuries with a fake story. This could all be untrue but it's speculation.

Lots of social media posts with

I would take the disablity payment with a grain of salt. I would not take being on that payment as a fact someone is disabled. People with all sorts of minor issues and non at all are on that payment. It is an abused payment.
I believe you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back