Ireland Ireland - Roanaid Murray, 17, murdered, Glenageary, 4 Sept 1999

Here is the link to watch the documentary Rainy in Glenageary : The Murder of Raonaid Murray
Its a real vanity project that documentary. The family were not even featured and two POI were never really looked at. A friend of mine, in the process of making a doc, has narrowed the POI down to two individuals. What I have learned in the last few months I couldnt possibly post here, but keep an eye out for a YT on this case in the coming months.

Its a real vanity project that documentary. The family were not even featured and two POI were never really looked at. A friend of mine, in the process of making a doc, has narrowed the POI down to two individuals. What I have learned in the last few months I couldnt possibly post here, but keep an eye out for a YT on this case in the coming months.
and disregard all my other comments here, none of it is relevant anymore.

Aug 26 '23

Ali Bracken 3 Sep 2022

'Raonaid Murray: ‘It may have been a woman who killed her’​

Detectives are convinced answer to the murder lies within the teenager's social circle'
View attachment 443116
'Raonaid Murray was likely caught off guard when her attacker punched her in the face, chipping one of her front teeth.'

2000 > January > 14 > The Mirror (London, England)
rbbm
''A STRAND of hair taken from the body of murdered teenager Raonaid Murray could prove to be vital in trapping her killer.

Gardai have sent it for DNA testing in England along with samples from possible suspects.

The hair was found on Raonaid's body during forensic tests after she was stabbed to death last September but is definitely not hers.

One investigator said: "If it matches one of our suspects we could be able to solve this very quickly.''

"At the same time, it could have been anyone's. We'll just have to wait for the results."
she wasnt punched in the face and the female suspect was cleared on DNA analysis.

she wasnt punched in the face and the female suspect was cleared on DNA analysis.
''A SUSPECT i n the 1999 murder of Raonaid Murray has been ruled out of Garda inquiries after she voluntarily supplied a DNA sample from the U.S. Security sources have revealed that the woman was believed to have stabbed the 17-year-old in a jealous rage.Jul 2, 2012''

''A SUSPECT i n the 1999 murder of Raonaid Murray has been ruled out of Garda inquiries after she voluntarily supplied a DNA sample from the U.S. Security sources have revealed that the woman was believed to have stabbed the 17-year-old in a jealous rage.Jul 2, 2012''
clearly she didnt...getting on with her life today and back living in the neighbourhood.

I've never heard of this one before, sounds like the local community may know who killed her then but scared to speak out?

My gran is from Dun Laoghaire.
It depends on who you talk to...quite a few people spoke to us...from DL...but that area where she grew up...people are inclined not to talk....

clearly she didnt...getting on with her life today and back living in the neighbourhood.

Kids of her own now who’d be Raonaid’s age. Wish she’d just hand herself in. Don’t know how she lives with what she’s done tbh! Wonder do her kids know she did it?

Murdering someone with such evilness over an argument about a bloke. Did she stay with the fella also involved all this time? Not a chance!
Raonaid’s poor family. I’ve not seen anything said by them in the media since 1999. I hope they’re doing ok.

Kids of her own now who’d be Raonaid’s age. Wish she’d just hand herself in. Don’t know how she lives with what she’s done tbh! Wonder do her kids know she did it?

Murdering someone with such evilness over an argument about a bloke. Did she stay with the fella also involved all this time? Not a chance!
Raonaid’s poor family. I’ve not seen anything said by them in the media since 1999. I hope they’re doing ok.
you make it sound like its an open and shut case...i wish it was that easy! .maybe you know more than me...which i doubt as ive been working with people on this for the last year...we've come across all kinds of theories/suspects/and read everything from the court material, archival, online, and have spoken to retired guards. As for your question and i presume we're talking about the taxi suspect and female suspect...shes not involved with him today...we dont even know if they were an ''item''...as for the family...theres been some issues but i dont know how they are today...there was no appeal in 2023 and this year is the 25th anniversary....

i dont mean to come across as smart about this....its just that we've looked at a lot of material and its not as simple as an argument over a fella...think about it...we know the suspects....theres no way on earth the detectives behind the biggest homicide investigation of the state would allow these characters to get away with it....and these characters, no offence intended, are not very bright....

but if you have something that might interest me, do share. Thanks...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back