Found Deceased Ireland - Ruth Maguire, 30, vanished during hen party, Carlingford, Co Louth, Leinster, 16 Mar 2019

Woman missing from Co Louth hen party was last seen ‘close by water’

‘A Garda spokesperson said, “We cannot confirm that she went into the water but it looks the most likely route.”

It is understood that CCTV shows her walking towards the water and she is not seen coming back.

The spokesperson said “the last sighting of her was close by” the water.

Gardaí are keeping an open mind and say they are examining all options including the possibility that she took a lift.’

Woman missing from Co Louth hen party was last seen ‘close by water’

‘A Garda spokesperson said, “We cannot confirm that she went into the water but it looks the most likely route.”

It is understood that CCTV shows her walking towards the water and she is not seen coming back.

The spokesperson said “the last sighting of her was close by” the water.

Gardaí are keeping an open mind and say they are examining all options including the possibility that she took a lift.’
Walking towards the shore, walking towards the wall? Walking alone? She could have fallen in taking a selfie? It doesn't look like poor Ruth is coming home :(

Last edited:
Walking towards the shore, walking towards the wall? Walking alone? She could have fallen in taking a selfie? It doesn't look like poor Ruth is coming home :(
This is what I’m wondering. Was she seen over the sea wall or walking toward it? It seems unlikely to me that she would climb over something like that by herself. Seems like a strange time to self harm, but I guess it’s hard to know what’s in someone’s mind. It’s baffling.

It seems to me that if she did go down to the water and maybe sat on the wall and then lost her balance and fell over, her body would be easily found. There isn't any significant tidal activity and the entrance into the bay is narrowed. If she is in there it seems she should be easily found.

This is awful. Last seen by whom near water??!! She has little ones who need her. What could have happened to compel her to self harm at a hen party? I think something/ someone else caused her harm.

BBM:

IF it ends up being the case that RM is found in the water, I see it as much more likely that this was a tragic accident vs. an act of intentional self-harm. As we've seen all too often here on WS, alcohol and bodies of water can be a lethal combination.

That is only if she is found in the water, obviously; foul play cannot be ruled out unless/until she has been located or the Gardai explicitly state they have her on CCTV entering the water on her own.

JMO.

Missing Ruth Maguire vanished from hen do in County Down | Daily Mail Online

‘At some point on Saturday night she is believed to have told a doorman she intended to walk home to Newcastle, and at around midnight she posted a photo on Instagram with the Lough in the background.’

This is just one of several articles that confirm the Instagram photo she posted around midnight had carlingford lough in the background. It also suggests the doorman heard her say she intended to WALK home to Newcastle that night which is a hell of a walk for a girl with no coat in the dark on her own to undertake.

GHB Drugs: Common Drugs, GHB, and Rohypnol
The listing of symptoms and signs she would exhibit if someone had slipped her one of these drugs increases rather quickly and are such that it is hard for me think she made it all the way down to the water before she couldn't stand and walk anymore. It isn't reported as to whether she was walking steadily or not when last seen.

Missing Ruth Maguire vanished from hen do in County Down | Daily Mail Online

‘At some point on Saturday night she is believed to have told a doorman she intended to walk home to Newcastle, and at around midnight she posted a photo on Instagram with the Lough in the background.’

This is just one of several articles that confirm the Instagram photo she posted around midnight had carlingford lough in the background. It also suggests the doorman heard her say she intended to WALK home to Newcastle that night which is a hell of a walk for a girl with no coat in the dark on her own to undertake.

Lough in the background suggests to me, a photo of a person or persons, otherwise it would just be a photo of the Lough wouldn't it?

Lough in the background suggests to me, a photo of a person or persons, otherwise it would just be a photo of the Lough wouldn't it?
Unless it’s a selfie. It’s sounding more and more that she was highly inebriated even if she doesn’t look so in picture of her in the pub. Some people do look absolutely sober even when falling down drunk. I have a feeling she went into the water by accident :(

Unless it’s a selfie. It’s sounding more and more that she was highly inebriated even if she doesn’t look so in picture of her in the pub. Some people do look absolutely sober even when falling down drunk. I have a feeling she went into the water by accident :(
Yeah either a selfie or of someone else, sorry I wasn't very clear on that. There's so many selfie accidents and tragedies in the news lately, it can happen so easily.

It just doesn’t make sense for her to have said she would walk it . Even if the ferry had been on it’s still about a seven hour walk ! Just nuts to even consider it .

walk it WITHOUT her coat. i dunno. that seems even more far-fetched than walking to newcastle. was she a smoker? (of any kind?) did she have an argument or disagreement and storm out? just trying to imagine myself in this scenario and what would make me walk out and make a comment like that without my coat. moo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back