Found Deceased Ireland - Ruth Maguire, 30, vanished during hen party, Carlingford, Co Louth, Leinster, 16 Mar 2019

If she came up with another lady or even if she drove herself, the car she came in was probably at the house they all walked back to. If she spoke to the bouncer, I wonder if she was asking about public transportation, but when I looked at the map, Newcastle is on the other side of the water, do you think public transportation was available that late at night to go that far?

Where her keys and money in her coat pockets? We know she didn't leave her phone in her coat.

Did she have a purse with her?

I don't see her actually departing the bar without either of those, even if intoxicated. If you accept a ride somewhere you usually take your phone, coat and purse, even if fairly intoxicated.

Unless someone had spiked her drink.

Is there an apartment above the bar or some other attached rooms that someone might have attacked her in? Did she step outside to make a phone call not knowing the group had left?

Where her keys and money in her coat pockets? We know she didn't leave her phone in her coat.

I don't see her actually departing the bar without either of those, even if intoxicated. If you accept a ride somewhere you usually take your phone, coat and purse, even if fairly intoxicated.

Is there an apartment above the bar or some other attached rooms that someone might have attacked her in? Did she step outside to make a phone call not knowing the group had left?
The draperies on the windows of the second floor of the pub makes me think that they are rooms reserved for parties like the one she was attending but I could be wrong.

The draperies on the windows of the second floor of the pub makes me think that they are rooms reserved for parties like the one she was attending but I could be wrong.

In the shots on the pub website, I can see the railing where that photograph of her was taken (with someone wearning the same shirt, but white). It looks like too small an area to put 32 people in, and the floor plan of the pub looks too small for 32 + other St. Patrick's Day revelers.

Google Maps: Report Inappropriate Image

Google Maps: Report Inappropriate Image

( I dont know why it is pasting as Inappropriate Image, it's just shots of inside the bar)

I think they probably were in a separate area, and it would be too cold to have them outside on the patio

Last edited:
I can see that the layout of that pub is a bit complicated. A couple of entrances, one into the patio. Would that have been locked?

Perhaps she stepped out there to make a call and someone was out there who grabbed her. Or someone lures her out there - the purported bouncer asking her to step out on a ruse "too loud to hear inside the pub" or something like that.

If she was out on the patio, she might not have been able to see the rest of the hen party leaving at all.

I can see that the layout of that pub is a bit complicated. A couple of entrances, one into the patio. Would that have been locked?

Perhaps she stepped out there to make a call and someone was out there who grabbed her.

If she was out on the patio, she might not have been able to see the rest of the hen party leaving at all.
I wonder when her friends actually last saw her, spoke to her, interacted with her. If she did go outside to make a call she may have been accidentally locked out or not let back in. That could make her vulnerable to being grabbed. I'm assuming cctv covers every area, police must surely know what area she was in and what time she left. I find myself thinking about poor Karen Buckley tonight and the fact she left her coat behind.

Perhaps she stepped out there to make a call and someone was out there who grabbed her. Or someone lures her out there - the purported bouncer asking her to step out on a ruse "can hear inside the pub" or something like that.

That might answer why she left her coat inside, she expected to go back in. Why though did she say she was going back to Newcastle? She had come down with friends to party and celebrate and they expected her to go back to the house and stay the night. What made her change her mind and look to go back to Newcastle in the middle of the night, because even if she got a ride she wouldn't have been back until around 2 o'clock.

That might answer why she left her coat inside, she expected to go back in. Why though did she say she was going back to Newcastle? She had come down with friends to party and celebrate and they expected her to go back to the house and stay the night. What made her change her mind and look to go back to Newcastle in the middle of the night, because even if she got a ride she wouldn't have been back until around 2 o'clock.

Who was it that actually witnessed her talking about going back to Newcastle?

Did the bouncer self-report it or did one of her friends truly hear her says she was leaving to go there (rather than responding to someone's question: "I'm going back to Newcastle tonight" meant to put off some overly attentive male rather than letting him know she'd be staying in town.

I wonder when her friends actually last saw her, spoke to her, interacted with her. If she did go outside to make a call she may have been accidentally locked out or not let back in. That could make her vulnerable to being grabbed. I'm assuming cctv covers every area, police must surely know what area she was in and what time she left. I find myself thinking about poor Karen Buckley tonight and the fact she left her coat behind.

And there is street parking right behind that patio - someone with access to the pub with keys or a lock combination could have grabbed her in the patio and taken her out to a vehicle parked there without the rest of the hen, or anyone else in the pub seeing her at all.

MOO, but if her hen group was kicked out of the bar at 11:30, she wasn’t with them. Others said they saw her in the club at midnight, long after her group had left. Maybe she didn’t know where the house was that they were staying at? Maybe the party bus left w/o her (if there was one)? Maybe someone there offered her a ride, being that it was late? Let’s hope cctv is being reviewed while we speak and they’ll have answers come morning.

.Major concern for mother-of-three Ruth Maguire missing after a hen party last night

'A bouncer in one of the pubs thinks he heard Ruth say that she was going to make her own way home to Newcastle, but after much esearch today it was revealed that she is missing and she didn’t return to Newcastle. Her partner and three children are said to be extremely worried and that this is exceptionally out of character for the 30 year old woman.'

Thinks he heard her say, heard her say, she told him, which is it? Every article seems to have a different version.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back