Ireland Ireland - Trevor Deely, 22, Dublin, 8 Dec 2000

Good to see that one of the MIBs has now been identified and cleared. I think that everyone would like to know the identity of the other character hanging around outside the front of the bank. The fact he has never come forward is concerning, although IIRC he left the scene some time before Trevor came back out of the bank, so he could be a massive 'red herring', in this case.

Im struggling to wrap my head around
1, them being able to enhance footage they have always said couldn't be enhanced further due to the original quality
2, them being able to do so to the extent they could now identify a totally unconnected man just from the back of his head
3, that they can then not only identify him, but conclude he was totally innocent after 23 years
4, if they can do it with this bit of footage, why not the man outside the bank.

Having said that, its good to think they haven't given up on getting answers for Trevor and his family

Conor Feehan 6 Dec 2023
''The family of missing Trevor Deely have revealed that gardaí have tracked down a person seen on CCTV walking behind him on the night he disappeared – and officers have ruled out that person as being suspected of anything sinister.
Dublin bank worker Trevor Deely disappeared while on a Christmas night out 23 years ago on Friday.
The latest development switches interest back to a person who was also seen on CCTV talking to 22-year-old Trevor at the back gate of the Bank of Ireland in Wilton Terrace, Dublin city, on the night of December 8, 2000.''

"This page was last edited on 16 December 2023, at 02:27 (UTC).''

Last edited:
Good, concise and factual presentation of the case. Thanks for posting. Looks like both MIBs are now nothing but 'red herrings'.

With regard to the theories presented, I don't think he ended up in the canal. The evidence would suggest otherwise. He had already crossed over the canal in the last know footage.

I find the 'hit and run' and then placed in the boot of a car theory to be beyond absurd. It is annoying that it keeps being suggested in this case.

On the face of it, going in the River Dodder seems the most likely for the reasons presented in the video. It was the theory that made most sense to me.

However, the Guards seem to lean towards foul play and they would know more than anyone else about the case. I wonder did he get lured into a property or grabbed into a vehicle somewhere along Bath Avenue ?

Good, concise and factual presentation of the case. Thanks for posting. Looks like both MIBs are now nothing but 'red herrings'.

With regard to the theories presented, I don't think he ended up in the canal. The evidence would suggest otherwise. He had already crossed over the canal in the last know footage.

I find the 'hit and run' and then placed in the boot of a car theory to be beyond absurd. It is annoying that it keeps being suggested in this case.

On the face of it, going in the River Dodder seems the most likely for the reasons presented in the video. It was the theory that made most sense to me.

However, the Guards seem to lean towards foul play and they would know more than anyone else about the case. I wonder did he get lured into a property or grabbed into a vehicle somewhere along Bath Avenue ?
The hit-and-run stuff has happened before (recent case involving Alexander McKellar), but I'd place it further down the list. I think the problem here is the time between the disappearance and when he was reported missing. That four-day period leaves so many possibilities on the table that I personally wouldn't be surprised if any of them turned out to be true. Also agreed, RE: Grand Canal. Can't see someone grabbing him for no reason, but I could see him going back to a property. I saw one account from a guy who was drunk in that area back in the day. He met a sex worker and her boyfriend near the canal. They invited him back to their apartment and he ended up doing hard drugs for the first time. Lots of stories about "colourful" characters in those parts, so foul play wouldn't be a surprise. I wonder do they still believe that foul play is the top possibility now that the second MIB has been identified? The Guards initially believed that the first and second MIB were the same person. I wonder if that was their basis for suspecting foul play.

Keeping in mind..
DECEMBER 07, 2023
90480704-e1701948054667.jpg

Vivienne Clarke
''Mark Deely, brother of Trevor who has been missing since December 2000, has described ongoing public interest in the case as a massive comfort for the family.
While they had been taken aback at the interest, it was of comfort as one of the biggest fears of the family was that the case would be forgotten.
“We need everybody’s help to find Trevor. And we can’t do this. The guards can’t do this unless people are still talking about him.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back