Is a trafficking ring involved in this case?

I really think it's child *advertiser censored* and/or sex trafficking. What else could be so disturbing? I don't think the police care at all about sexting or find that disturbing. That's simply day in day out - even the most lewd photos between adults. Who cares? I pray to God it's not snuff movies or something along those lines, but IMHO I do not think so. I can see her selling bathtime photos of Kyron and the baby, though. That's disturbing for sure. Maybe she did leave a cyber trail...to the accomplice(s). What do you all think?

It's not necessarily child sex at all. It could just be a story about a mother figure who decided for what ever reason, that she would be better off without that child, and then took it upon herself to do so.

When you think about what they may have read/heard on her computers/phones etc, and with talking to friends, they may have just had a look into the mind and heart of a monster. That can be very disturbing to anyone, even someone in LE, especially when they think about that monster having total control over an innocent child. Hearts have been known to break over less.

I keep going back to the transient camp behind the school. A junkie will do anything for his next fix, including handing off a child.

The lawnmower man saw the children playing unsupervised outside that morning. Who's to say a junkie could not have been hiding in the bushes waiting for the moment to say 'hey kid, come here'.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/01/human_trafficking_industry_thr.html
Portland has become a center for human trafficking for several reasons, said Keith Bickford, a Multnomah County sheriff's detective who heads the Oregon Human Trafficking Task Force.

The city's proximity to Interstates 5 and 84 as well as two rivers is attractive to traffickers, as is lax sexual trafficking enforcement laws, a legal sex industry, a large population of street kids and Oregon's dependence on seasonal farmworkers, Bickford said.

Yet, the state keeps no data on victims of sexual trafficking, Bickford said, making it difficult to accurately assess the depth of the problem and get adequate resources.

Let's add up this:

and this:

and also this - and what does it mean?:

From 8/27 KGW Interview:
When asked about Terri's emails - Desiree says:

Some of the emails were concerning to me, they’re significant in the case. I can’t really talk too much about content or anything of that nature but it wasn’t a surprise I don’t think to any of us... (snipped) Some of the content is concerning. I can’t even put a word to it – just makes me sick to my stomach.

THANK YOU for taking the time to look up these two specific quotes! Put together, I feel they DO speak volumes.

I keep going back to the transient camp behind the school. A junkie will do anything for his next fix, including handing off a child.

The lawnmower man saw the children playing unsupervised outside that morning. Who's to say a junkie could not have been hiding in the bushes waiting for the moment to say 'hey kid, come here'.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/01/human_trafficking_industry_thr.html
Portland has become a center for human trafficking for several reasons, said Keith Bickford, a Multnomah County sheriff's detective who heads the Oregon Human Trafficking Task Force.

The city's proximity to Interstates 5 and 84 as well as two rivers is attractive to traffickers, as is lax sexual trafficking enforcement laws, a legal sex industry, a large population of street kids and Oregon's dependence on seasonal farmworkers, Bickford said.

Yet, the state keeps no data on victims of sexual trafficking, Bickford said, making it difficult to accurately assess the depth of the problem and get adequate resources.

Good point - maybe TH befriended someone from there? Took a walk one day, struck up a conversation and plan for a hand-off? I'm still leaning towards someone she met through her 'landscaping' connections, which to me is where DDS comes in - I don't necessarily think as an accomplice (still hoping not!) but introductions to workers...? Oprah will get some good info today I'm sure.

Cypress had an excellent post here concerning Terri's possible unhealthy attitudes toward sex. I certainly agree with that part of her opinion.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108589&page=31

But what if there were sexting that involved more than pictures of Terri herself? What if we have a "Sandra Cantu" situation here? What if these were the "disgusting emails" that Desiree saw? This would explain why they would agree that Baby K was so much improved or changed for the better by being separated from her Mother. This would explain why Terri has basically surrendered Baby K. This would explain the police calling this "isolated."

Is it possible that the fragile bored housewife with unhealthy attitudes toward sex... starts with pictures of herself, to near strangers, sent on the Internet or on her cellphone...then escalates to pictures of the Innocent? Yes, that could be seen as an "isolated incident" by police. Terri is not running a ring from her house...just having some titillating fun as she sees it. Maybe she saw "sexting" as just "pictures" not really child sexual abuse...in the same way sexting her own pictures was just playing not really cheating. She saw the Internet as apart from the reality of her life....just a fantasy reality.

Describing Kyron's "strange behavior" might be a way to trump any story he might tell. Maybe she tells him the pictures are for "the doctor."

An escalation of Terri's sexual recklessness could have come to include the Innocent. From that sharing of pictures with strangers could have come tragedy. The police would believe that if no other parents were behaving as such, there was nothing to fear. No sex ring came stalking for children. The parent in that home set up the chain of events. Therefore it is an "isolated incident."

I believe now Terri will be indicted on some charge in this case without doubt. That's why it is worth every penny of House's retainer to her and her family.

Just my opinions etc. And actually praying this is wrong.

Thanks for your opinion. Just some thoughts I had to add while I was reading it. Maybe the story about Kyron needing to go to the Doctor WAS true and TH was worried that the Dr would ask or Kyron would be led to tell about this abuse (theorized) and TH freaked and killed Kyron in order to keep her actions from being found out. Kyron was old enough to tell someone his story if asked the right questions IMO.

When you build a house, you get a bunch of crews in and there's the cement and the framing and the drywall, and sometimes overlap makes it look like a parking lot in front of the new place. Then it gets to the cabinet crew and the sense of constant coming and going changes to a small quiet operation. No more hammers and table saws.

If they came to a point where most of what's left to be done is wrapping up details for the DA and diving deeply into the computer forensics, which is a admin tech position, to find all of the more subtle implications, then I can see it not as a scaling down but more what was said before, refocusing. A task force is a very powerful working model from my own experience, and the scaling down is about the hemorrhaging of tax dollars, so I'm good with that.

As far as whether this is about trafficking, I wouldn't venture to guess, but I think that a mother and a man are sickened by what they know, and that points at least IMO along the lines of sadistic and horrible act designed to humiliate and control, and I do think it's sexual in nature.

What's sticking in my mind to make me think towards a ring, is Fairview. Troutdale. And Portland Port Authority.

:cow:

sbm
I don't think the turf tech ever said he saw children "unsupervised" nor did he characterize them as "playing." He said he saw some children come out one of the side doors to look at the planters that overlook the soccer field. He did not say there was no adult with them (there would have to be. How would they get back into the locked door) and he did not say how long they were there, and he never said they were "playing" which, IMO is a totally different context than checking on some plants.

I do not think Kyron has been handed over to a ring of pedophiles by Terri. I just don't see it that way.

I do think during their investigation in to the Kyron matter while pursuing leads LE may have discovered some unrelated criminal activity/suspects that may result in charges.

I do not pretentd to know what happened to Kyron but this trafficking theory just doesn't ring true for me.

My thoughts are that a trafficking ring is not what is involved here, otherwise it would not be an "isolated case"! My guess is things that have been occurring within the family environment. Or are they saying now this case is not an "isolated incident"?

Then again i think maybe if Terri had lewd stuff on the internet involving a minor that has been discovered by LE, they would surely arrest her for that, as has happened to others that have had such content on their computers?

sbm
I don't think the turf tech ever said he saw children "unsupervised" nor did he characterize them as "playing." He said he saw some children come out one of the side doors to look at the planters that overlook the soccer field. He did not say there was no adult with them (there would have to be. How would they get back into the locked door) and he did not say how long they were there, and he never said they were "playing" which, IMO is a totally different context than checking on some plants.

"(I) noticed that there was some children that came out the back door, and I thought, ‘please don’t come down and play soccer.’ But they came out and looked at some plants that were in the raised bed.”
http://www.katu.com/news/local/100582364.html

Stensen says he left about 8:45am, before the chaperoned groups began at 9am. About the time Kyron is missing and believed to be getting a drink. He doesn't mention an adult with the children. Here is a link for the lawnmower man thread if you'd like to search for more details. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111639"]Skyline Groundskeeper says he saw no white truck -Timeline Clarified - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I am not sure that someone grabbed Kyron to sell to a child trafficking ring, but I'm including it in my mind as a possible scenario. I can't rule it out. When Staton said we have a knowledge of things we don't want to know about ... of things we wish we didn't know," I felt an ominous fear that we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.

Absolutely... so let me say this: If a choice, I would rather for him death on June 4, vs. death at the hands of pedophiles in the midst of a sex act beyond our imagination. I hope, if he's gone, he went quickly and not after massive abuse was heaped on him.

A side note. There are many children in state homes right now who have suffered abuse that we can't imagine, and they cannot and will not ever be healed... I am glad that Kyron--if he's amidst the direst of circumstances right now--has two loving parents who will usher him through any recuperative healing process available to him...I have no doubt of that.

BUT many kids don't have that. I've a friend in a juvenile home right now. He's a counselor...the things that he sees with these children as a result of what they've lived through, well, it's so real, so painful, and they never again will be anywhere near complete. And worse, when these children go to in-patient state homes for treatment, the abuse often continues at the hands of staff and nurse. Though not sexual abuse, other forms like emotional abuse. My friend told me of one nurse who calls the kids "f*ckers, b*stards, b*tches," and such to their faces as he dispenses their meds.
Anyway, forgive my rambling, but I guess what I'm saying is that it's such an uphill battle to find healing that it requires great strength...I hope that Kyron isn't in the kind of circumstances right now, and for the PAST 100 DAYS that would torment him for the remainder of his life. :(

I totally understand what you're saying, and I do agree, it's just that the process...oh man... I just can't imagine the strength a child has to have to SURVIVE the abuse and the aftermath.

Above BBM

Puf....please, please tell your friend to report this person to the state board of nursing immediately. If this person is indeed an actual licensed nurse, and not a mental health tech/certified med aide, they have violated the oath and shamed Nurses everywhere. Caused irreparable damage to children. This is a reason for them to lose their license.
Your friend can report them anonymously. Please, again, I urge you to convince him to do this. If you/he needs help in doing so, PM me.

Now, that aside, Puf- I can totally understand what you say about hoping if Kyron is in an untenable situation where he is or was undergoing constant, unimaginable emotional and physical pain, assault and rape, and TORTURE every day- yes, I do hope he is not alive to continue to suffer. That he did not go day after day, hour upon hour, wondering why, wishing he were dead, suffering. This is MO, as well as some others, as we are entitled to have and express.
And I respect anyone who doesn't feel the same. That is "your" history, your life, coloring your thoughts, choices, and feelings.

We are all different in this kaleidoscope of life, and we don't all have to feel bad if we have a different history that impacts our opinions.

This by NO MEANS implies we hope for that. What we hope for is Kyron not to suffer something he will be unable to ever recover from. And perhaps, in life, we have seen this.

Some fates are worse than death.

MOO....of course.

Then again i think maybe if Terri had lewd stuff on the internet involving a minor that has been discovered by LE, they would surely arrest her for that, as has happened to others that have had such content on their computers?

Sometimes they take their time and wait until they can arrest several people at the same time so the arrest of one doesn't tip his connections off that LE might be on to them.

Sometimes they take their time and wait until they can arrest several people at the same time so the arrest of one doesn't tip his connections off that LE might be on to them.
But wouldn't they now know that LE are onto them from what was said by Stanton?

Could the statement by Stanton about the things they didn't wish they know have something to do with other family members involvement perhaps???

But wouldn't they now know that LE are onto them from what was said by Stanton?

Well, I suppose if Terri or someone else who has been scrutinized closely in connection with Kyron has partners in crime directly they ought to have been rather scared anyway as they must realize LE are looking at the connections of these people. But it could be that the sheriff said more than he should have.

If nothing else I think he managed to scare the general public and get a lot of rumors flying.

When you build a house, you get a bunch of crews in and there's the cement and the framing and the drywall, and sometimes overlap makes it look like a parking lot in front of the new place. Then it gets to the cabinet crew and the sense of constant coming and going changes to a small quiet operation. No more hammers and table saws.

If they came to a point where most of what's left to be done is wrapping up details for the DA and diving deeply into the computer forensics, which is a admin tech position, to find all of the more subtle implications, then I can see it not as a scaling down but more what was said before, refocusing. A task force is a very powerful working model from my own experience, and the scaling down is about the hemorrhaging of tax dollars, so I'm good with that.

As far as whether this is about trafficking, I wouldn't venture to guess, but I think that a mother and a man are sickened by what they know, and that points at least IMO along the lines of sadistic and horrible act designed to humiliate and control, and I do think it's sexual in nature.

What's sticking in my mind to make me think towards a ring, is Fairview. Troutdale. And Portland Port Authority.

:cow:

bbm above.

Someone else posted this on here somewhere but I thought I would post it again because it includes the agencies we are questioning.

http://www.portlandonline.com/police/index.cfm?c=35634

Child Abuse Team Description

The Child Abuse Team utilizes a multi-disciplinary approach in its efforts to investigate and combat child abuse. Partners include the Portland Police Bureau, the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office, the Gresham Police Department, the Oregon Department of Human Services, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office, the Fairview Police Department, the Troutdale Police Department and CARES Northwest.

So could these agencies be involved because of possible abuse being uncovered throughout the course of this investigation?

I think that if LE has any evidence of child *advertiser censored* or worse, they would arrest, rather than hold off, that is a crime that can lead to worse things and might endanger other children. I don't really believe LE holds off on arresting people so that they won't know they are being looked at for something-they hold off arresting people when they can't prove the charges.

One other criminal case that could stem from this one could be a matter of immigration, if it is to be learned that the LS or anyone else associated is not a legal immigrant. We don't know this to be true, just trying to think of other cases that might arise as a result of this case.

Pat Brown doesn't think LE is alluding to a ring at all:

Pat Brown said she thinks the purpose of the presser was to let the public know that they are zoned in on Terri Horman and are not focusing on a sex ring, and are not focusing on a stranger and all these weird theories.

She also gave an interesting hypothesis of what she thought the Sheriff meant when he said "We learned things we wish we didn't."

If you missed the show, you can always listen to the replay at the link above.

The above is from Levi's thread last night.

Even if they aren't, I use every opportunity to bring awareness to human trafficking that I can. Making people in Portland aware of this issue is worth it, IMO.

Whatever happened to Kyron, it is ugly. VERY ugly. I am :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back