Is Caylee Already Scared Here?

I'm only stating what I see. I'm not telling you what you should or should not see in the video.

That's all I'm doing: stating what I see. I'm not telling you what you "should or should not" see. Just pointing out that we bring our own experiences to the table when dealing with things like this: we may well be seeing what we are primed to see.

Wasn't this video taken BEFORE Casey left with Caylee? So presumably before Casey was dragging her around to sleep on couches and attend parties? So before she was being neglected and abused?? What comes after can't influence what came before, right?

Also, do you think Cindy was aware of how Casey was handling her foray into "motherhood"? Wasn't Casey telling Cindy that Caylee was with the Nanny? I don't think Cindy had a CLUE what was really going on, because the minute she found out "something was wrong" she dialed 911. I really don't think Cindy "allowed this to go on." She loved Caylee and wouldn't have stood by while Caylee was being abused or neglected: If she'd have known, I bet she'd have done just what you say, she'd have grabbed that little girl and dared Casey to come and get her.

I look at the video and stare into her eyes and don't see any fear or apprehension at all. I see distaste. It's all subjective: we may see what we expect to see.

Having had family members in nursing homes when my boys were little, I can tell you that NONE of them enjoyed the visits. They loved seeing our elderly relatives, but didn't like the smells (think dirty diapers times 200) and the sounds (Alzheimer patients crying out) and they did stare at these unpleasant sights quite a bit.

If Caylee IS apprehensive, isn't it just possible it's due to the smells and sounds? :blowkiss:

Magic-Cat is correct.

Yes I think something had happened! Casey had been drugging Caylee for months!

I had been waiting for someone to go there.....
Some have commented on her speech at the nursing home. I wondered also. George spoke of her big vocabulary. In other videos of her she seemed so much more animated.
Have also tried to imagine the visit to Cindy's mother. If that was the date when Cindy LEARNED about Casey's theft from her parents, then that ride from Mt. Dora back home would have been intense.
Since Cindy cannot shut up when she is upset, I imagine she was talking to the 'air' and Caylee was hearing it all.
Strange scene.
By the time Cindy got home she was ready to kill someone???
All my opinion after thinking about this for months.

Hi...can anyone help me? would really appreciate it.
I saw this video a couple of times a while back but wanted to see it again as I was reading through this thread but when I click on the link in the first post the site says that it was "deleted".....does anyone know of a way to see that video and some of the others again? Have tried "searches" but still can't find it.
TIA !

Hi...can anyone help me? would really appreciate it.
I saw this video a couple of times a while back but wanted to see it again as I was reading through this thread but when I click on the link in the first post the site says that it was "deleted".....does anyone know of a way to see that video and some of the others again? Have tried "searches" but still can't find it.
TIA !

I found these on youtube.com:

Caylee reading her book - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMzedR5LV5Q&feature=related

Papa singing to Caylee - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS648U0xTI0&feature=related - you have to listen carefully to hear his singing

There's another one where Caylee is singing You Are My Sunshine from the same video (I've seen it on TV but I can't find it on the internet) of Father's Day at the nursing home.

I found these on youtube.com:

Caylee reading her book - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMzedR5LV5Q&feature=related

Papa singing to Caylee - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS648U0xTI0&feature=related - you have to listen carefully to hear his singing

There's another one where Caylee is singing You Are My Sunshine from the same video (I've seen it on TV but I can't find it on the internet) of Father's Day at the nursing home.

Here is Caylee singing "You Are My Sunshine" :)

http://www.wesh.com/video/17565708/index.html

THANK YOU, Carole and Icerish! Thanks so much! for the video links!!! :blowkiss:

I would like to say that having had a lot of experience in nursing homes and assisted living facilities (as a family member) and having a young child that used to have to visit Great GM and his GF in one , I think how a child acts in one depends on several factors (one being the age of the child) but for most of what I have seen many of them are not afraid if they visit fairly often and have a good relationship with the resident. I thought Caylee looked quite comfortable in her GGF's arms and if her eyes were telling us anything (which it seemed to me they were)it was not fear of the grandfather or the setting....she surely seems like an obedient little thing.....but I don't think she minded kissing and hugging GGP.........jmo........

thanks again for the help!!!

Haven't read through all the posts, so forgive me if this was already posted. I wonder if CA and her mother were arguing in front of Caylee about the money that KC stole from them. Didn't I hear that this is what precipitated the terrible argument on the 15th between CA & KC?

I was just looking at the Video of Caylee with her Great-Grandfather on Father's Day and, to me, she looks scared in this video. Does anyone think that she has already been traumatized at this point? She has such an apprehensive look in her eyes when she's looking around that it haunts me.

Did Casey go with Cindy and Caylee to vist that day and, if not, where was Casey that day?

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=43160929

I have a feeling that something bad had already been happening to her when this video was taken.

I thought the same thing. I think Casey was already drugging poor Caylee with Xanax. Like that woman said. "zanny the nanny" was Xanax. I truly believe that. Casey didn't have a babysitter, she probably left her in the car drugged on xanax. I'm so glad Casey is in jail now where she belongs. Only getting an occassional hug from Baez. She'll be doing the Guards before long.

Haven't read through all the posts, so forgive me if this was already posted. I wonder if CA and her mother were arguing in front of Caylee about the money that KC stole from them. Didn't I hear that this is what precipitated the terrible argument on the 15th between CA & KC?

I had wondered the same about this. If there had already been some exchange of harsh words between CA and her mom, Caylee could just be wishing the grownups would stop it. Deep sigh....

We've all seen videos of GA and CA and how they act when they are mad, so I imagine that poor baby had already witnessed some major blow ups in that dysfunctional family.

She was the sweetest little thing: "You tired PawPaw?" she asked. I note the sippy cup that was on the table. There was no sippy cup noted "found" or recovered in the car. She obviously used one, so why was it not in the car? I know I never leave home without my sippy cups for the babies that require them if I am going to be gone for ANY length of time...So where oh where is Caylee's sippy cup? Did Cindy remove it from the car? OR Did Casey put the drugs IN the sippy cup and then throw the sippy cup away knowing there would be residue in there? hmmmm....

To me, she looks so apprehensive. Her eyes are darting around like she's scared.

When you look at the video of her singing "You are my sunshine" She picks up the tablecloth and puts it over her nose and mouth. I can't help thinking Casey may have used a cloth with chloroform on it like that. Maybe little Caylee was trying to tell us something, I know it looks innocent enough but maybe just maybe...

When you look at the video of her singing "You are my sunshine" She picks up the tablecloth and puts it over her nose and mouth. I can't help thinking Casey may have used a cloth with chloroform on it like that. Maybe little Caylee was trying to tell us something, I know it looks innocent enough but maybe just maybe...

You could be right, however I have seen little ones do that like kinda feeling a little shyness at the moment. Or...just something to do with their hands.
She is so adorable. In my mind she will always be just as she was in that video. :clap: :clap: I love a little girl I have never even met.

I was just looking at the Video of Caylee with her Great-Grandfather on Father's Day and, to me, she looks scared in this video. Does anyone think that she has already been traumatized at this point? She has such an apprehensive look in her eyes when she's looking around that it haunts me.

Did Casey go with Cindy and Caylee to vist that day and, if not, where was Casey that day?

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=43160929

I have a feeling that something bad had already been happening to her when this video was taken.

I had the same thought when I saw the video and she wasn't afraid of her great grand dad, she was holding onto him for dear life. She was looking apprehensively at whoever was across the table from her. It's also possible that she may have been acting up prior to the video and those looks were for whoever corrected her. Hey did you know that she called her grandfather George Joe? LOL I saw it on one of the pictures on the caylees missing site

Originally Posted by metalcrystal
This child was being neglected and abused for several weeks before her death, when Casey had her in her sole custody. I have no doubt there was a vibe of confusion and unhappiness there. I just don't see how the grieving GM allowed this to go on. I would have just taken her and kept her and told KC to go get the cops if she wanted and we will see what I can do. I doubt KC would have called the authorities at that point. But I guess that was the problem in that family, KC told them what to do.

Wasn't this video taken BEFORE Casey left with Caylee? So presumably before Casey was dragging her around to sleep on couches and attend parties? So before she was being neglected and abused?? What comes after can't influence what came before, right?
The video was taken on June 15th, casey presumably killed her June 16th so she had to have been dragging her around to parties and such BEFORE that date

I just can't imagine being doped up, shoved into a hot car trunk so my mom could 'party'.............IMO, it's abuse to the highest degree!!!! NO one or animal
should be treated like this. Baby probably had nightmares and a life of h3!! with this woman! IMO

It was a gentle reminder to kiss and hug Papa. A scared child who didn't want to would resist somehow...certainly wouldn't do it as readily as Caylee did. Years of experience raising my own children tells me that. If they didn't want to hug and kiss someone, it showed and more notably, it didn't happen...

There is plenty of video from that visit showing Caylee looking about, smiling, reading, wiggling in her chair like toddlers do, chatting and singing. An uncomfortable, scared, weary or sedated child doesn't and won't do those things. She shows concern for her "Papa" by cheerfully asking if he is tired. Sitting on her Papa's lap, listening intently as he hums. She doesn't look scared, she's listening, soothed by the vibrations. moo

Sorry, no offense intended. I just don't like to see what may well have been the last tender moments of Caylee's life made out to be anything other than what it was...an enjoyable, happy time spent with family members she loved so.

Hi there! Read through this post of yours and I do agree with what you are saying. I believe that I was so angry at the time, that I was assuming and seeing what I thought in relation to my own child being sedated after dental surgery, would be the reaction of little Caylee(if perhaps she had been "sedated" on something). Thank you for opening my eyes. (sad to see that I was jumping on words out of anger with what I watched and read). Did that make sense?

I agree with you. And no offense taken. I at the time stated MO and was very heated with what was being said. Watching it now, and being able to listen...breaks my heart.

Katrina Lee

To me this shows the two times in our lives when we are the most vulnerable, when we are very young or "babies" , and if lucky enough when we are elderly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back