Is Misty the worlds best little victim?

IMO, Misty is far from being a victim. I do not feel sorry for her.

She has lied about everything
She said she didn't know what happened to Haleigh--LIE
She said she didn't know where Haleigh was--LIE
She said she didn't know WHO took Haleigh--HALF TRUTH (42% deception)
And she also wasn't sure if Ron was involved.

Now, If Misty and Ron were so bonded after the fact.....How is it that she is not sure if Ron is involved? As far as her not knowing who took Haleigh, apparently she doesn't because we now have "persons of interest". So now why is she so sure that it was JO? She knows her options but is not quite sure which one to choose. Meaning, there's multiple people to choose from. She knows what happened to Haleigh, she knows where Haleigh is but she is not sure who took Haleigh and if Ron is involved. I just get the feeling that Misty wasn't around for everything that took place that day. If she was there when it happened, and knows the location where Haleigh's body was dumped, how is it that she don't know WHO took her? It makes no sense. If she was there...it makes no sense-she would know who took Haleigh to that spot. I think Misty got some of her facts concerning the events that took place, from a third party.

I also think that her third party information was thrown in her face when LE took her down to the dock this week. Now all of a sudden she realizes that she's in "big trouble". Whatever LE has, IMO, they're right on the money.....After the dock trip...the case turned to Homocide and we now have "persons of interest".

I have been trying to put myself in Misty's shoes (a little too big for my feet though.lol) I was wondering why she keeps telling on Tommy and Jo...If Misty have been afraid to talk, maybe, just maybe...Misty was hoping they would tell the "Real Story" so she wouldn't have too. Maybe she was trying to steer LE in their direction because she knew eventually one of them would tell it. So whoever it is that she's afraid of (the Cummings, IMO), she can still say..."I didn't tell police nothing...Tommy told them." still trying to protect herself, all the while, corraborating Tommy's story of the truth. She didn't want to be the "Snitch".

BBM

I believe that too. LE told her the story about the rope and the cinder block letting her know this was first degree murder that she has put herself in the middle of.

One of these two(R*M) promised the gun to JO for payment on something. Ron does not want any part of JO being there...why?

Now misty has a knife to her throat, gets raped and Haleigh gets stolen/killed. Master investigator rc has not figured out anything that is wrong with misty. HE is keeping the enemy close keeping a watchful eye on her for any clues......lol

Both Ron and Misty had to give the clothes that they were wearing over to LE. I feel sure that LE would have the DNA evidence on Misty's clothes if she had been "raped". Hey, how much can a seventeen year old take? :angel:

BBM

I believe that too. LE told her the story about the rope and the cinder block letting her know this was first degree murder that she has put herself in the middle of.

Absolutely, Doc. And I think when they told her that....she sang like a bird.

Now, If Misty and Ron were so bonded after the fact.....How is it that she is not sure if Ron is involved? As far as her not knowing who took Haleigh, apparently she doesn't because we now have "persons of interest". So now why is she so sure that it was JO? She knows her options but is not quite sure which one to choose. Meaning, there's multiple people to choose from. She knows what happened to Haleigh, she knows where Haleigh is but she is not sure who took Haleigh and if Ron is involved. I just get the feeling that Misty wasn't around for everything that took place that day. If she was there when it happened, and knows the location where Haleigh's body was dumped, how is it that she don't know WHO took her? It makes no sense. If she was there...it makes no sense-she would know who took Haleigh to that spot. I think Misty got some of her facts concerning the events that took place, from a third party.
I also think that her third party information was thrown in her face when LE took her down to the dock this week. Now all of a sudden she realizes that she's in "big trouble". Whatever LE has, IMO, they're right on the money.....After the dock trip...the case turned to Homocide and we now have "persons of interest".

I have been trying to put myself in Misty's shoes (a little too big for my feet though.lol) I was wondering why she keeps telling on Tommy and Jo...If Misty have been afraid to talk, maybe, just maybe...Misty was hoping they would tell the "Real Story" so she wouldn't have too. Maybe she was trying to steer LE in their direction because she knew eventually one of them would tell it. So whoever it is that she's afraid of (the Cummings, IMO), she can still say..."I didn't tell police nothing...Tommy told them." still trying to protect herself, all the while, corraborating Tommy's story of the truth. She didn't want to be the "Snitch".

I think you are totally correct about Misty's information coming from a third party. This could definitely explain her answers on the Poly. I have been thinking that Misty didn't show up at the house until much later. Maybe she had just found out that Haleigh had died at the time around 2:15 am when a neighbor heard screaming and saw Misty walking and crying on the phone. Maybe she had just arrived at the Mh to find Teresa Neves there and Haleigh missing and called Timmy and found out that he and Tommy and Joe had helped Ron out with disposal of Haleigh and that Haleigh was dead when they arrived at the Mh. Ron had promised them the gun as payment for their help. This is why Teresa was so desperate for Misty to show up as babysitter. The Cummings had already planned on Misty being the one to discover that Haleigh was missing. This is why GGMs showed up with the family nurse that afternoon. She most likely took Jr. home with her. Haleigh was dead. Ron left for work to have an alibi. Word is that he arrived late. Misty only knows what someone else told her. Ron has managed to keep himself out of the equation for harming Haleigh.

Absolutely, Doc. And I think when they told her that....she sang like a bird.

I just hope that she didn't continue to add on to the lies that she has been telling. I hope she doesn't protect anyone in her singing.

We all know Haleigh is the only Victim in this case.

However, we also have to think about the people that may be innocent and how this will effect the rest of their life as well as their families life. Look at how many still believe that CS and family took Haleigh and put the blame on them. Now they find out that Haleigh is most likely dead. I would not want to be in their shoes. My heart goes out to all the innocent people in this saga.

Not saying that Joe is innocent, but I to got a little crushed while watching him react when he said he lost his family. I thought to myself, well if he really is guilty, that is the only person that seems to have any remorse. But why wait 14 months without saying a word? The story being told about Joe just does not make sense to me. Maybe something else happen, IMO he wouldn't of killed Haleigh just because he couldn't have one of Ron's guns.
I don't mean to sound hard about Joe, but if he's completely innocent, he can prove it with a LDT. If he passes, I've seen enough of this family to know that he'll get over it.

I just hope that she didn't continue to add on to the lies that she has been telling. I hope she doesn't protect anyone in her singing.

Lone, that's just it- I don't think she can protect anyone any longer. I just think she had no other choice but to come clean.

Both Ron and Misty had to give the clothes that they were wearing over to LE. I feel sure that LE would have the DNA evidence on Misty's clothes if she had been "raped". Hey, how much can a seventeen year old take? :angel:

In the letter to Chelsea, I don't think Misty was saying she had been raped that night. I think she was referring to being raped when she was younger. That's just my take on it, and I could be wrong. I've seen several people refer to her being raped that night, and I thought I'd see if others read it like I did, or if I'm the one that's wrong.

I think Misty is a victim, but that wouldn't excuse her not spitting this whole story out earlier. She talked about Joe & Tommy from the beginning, so if any of this is true, that may have been her way of trying to tell. I don't have any idea of how much she actually knows, but if her letter is true, (& I have major doubts), she knows a lot. I know people get sick of the few of us who constantly defend Misty, but here goes...that letter may have been made up, because Misty loves drama & Misty wants out. She may have put 2 & 2 together, based on her drugged memory, & built a story around it. BUT, she was there & has some kind of memory, so she may have hit on enough details & truth to grab LE's attention. They take those details, add them to God only knows what Tommy has added, & bingo, they've got a concrete theory. Does it involve Joe? probably, but I have no idea how much. Maybe Misty's 2 & 2 letter hit pretty close, but if it did, I think Tommy's in deeper than he's saying-& that would be horrible, because he's admitting to a lot.

The more I think about it...what if Misty wanted Tommy to tell the "Real Story" at first (accusations made about Tommy) but Tommy didn't want that responsibility so he figured he if went along with Misty's story about Jo...that would put Jo in the hot seat...and then the responsibility of telling "Real Story" would be on JO. They passed that responsibility around like a hot potato until someone finally dropped it.
I couldn't understand why everytime Misty threw Tommy under the bus, he still had love for her. He still wanted to talk to her. He was even saying in the jailhouse tapes that Misty just needed to tell the truth and even implied she was covering for Ron. I questioned that many times. Why??? I think that he knew Misty was just trying to get him to tell the "Real Story" about what happened (no hard feelings about that)...When that plan didn't work because he didn't want that responsibility...It was all about Jo....He jumped on Misty's story about Jo...It was kinda like "Nope I'm not telling, let Jo tell them."

It's funny how Tommy still ended up being the one to tell.....but I gotta feeling that whatever he told LE, Jo backed up the story.

Which is why I believe Tommy, Jo and probably Timmy, knew the story well--"first hand knowledge".

jmo though

I think you are totally correct about Misty's information coming from a third party. This could definitely explain her answers on the Poly. I have been thinking that Misty didn't show up at the house until much later. Maybe she had just found out that Haleigh had died at the time around 2:15 am when a neighbor heard screaming and saw Misty walking and crying on the phone. Maybe she had just arrived at the Mh to find Teresa Neves there and Haleigh missing and called Timmy and found out that he and Tommy and Joe had helped Ron out with disposal of Haleigh and that Haleigh was dead when they arrived at the Mh. Ron had promised them the gun as payment for their help. This is why Teresa was so desperate for Misty to show up as babysitter. The Cummings had already planned on Misty being the one to discover that Haleigh was missing. This is why GGMs showed up with the family nurse that afternoon. She most likely took Jr. home with her. Haleigh was dead. Ron left for work to have an alibi. Word is that he arrived late. Misty only knows what someone else told her. Ron has managed to keep himself out of the equation for harming Haleigh.

That's what I think too, Lone. Misty couldn't have been there. That's probably why she didn't mind taking LDT after LDT only to fail them one after another. She was only part of the cover story and didn't have first hand knowledge as to what really happened to Haleigh. In her mind she was probably thinking it was no big deal, because she had nothing to do with it. She's said this all along. I think about the comment she made saying that LE was only focusing on her and they needed to move on to find the person that did this (paraphrasing). And I think that she was telling truth when she said that but not realizing LE couldn't move on without her telling what she knows (heard)...remember she was the "key". I think LE knew right off top, Misty was the "patsy" and nothing more than that. That's why her story never added up......She was trying to remember what she was told and couldn't keep the details straight.

In my mind I keep hearing Ron tell Misty-"Look at the camera".

If you ask me, several people were left out of the equation..

jom though

That's what I think too, Lone. Misty couldn't have been there. That's probably why she didn't mind taking LDT after LDT only to fail them one after another. She was only part of the cover story and didn't have first hand knowledge as to what really happened to Haleigh. In her mind she was probably thinking it was no big deal, because she had nothing to do with it. She's said this all along. I think about the comment she made saying that LE was only focusing on her and they needed to move on to find the person that did this (paraphrasing). And I think that she was telling truth when she said that but not realizing LE couldn't move on without her telling what she knows (heard)...remember she was the "key". I think LE knew right off top, Misty was the "patsy" and nothing more than that. That's why her story never added up......She was trying to remember what she was told and couldn't keep the details straight.

In my mind I keep hearing Ron tell Misty-"Look at the camera". .

jom though
I think Misty, in her own mind, has been able to remove herself from guilt. There's gotta be a reason for that. LE said from the beginning, that she wasn't @ the trailer, the whole night, so we've gotta go with that. They obviously have some information, that we don't, so when? & where? I'm not sure about Teresa's involvement, but when the story came out about her offering to pay Misty to babysit, I got real suspicious. Was it common practice for the grandmother to pay? I doubt it. & then the unrelenting adoration kicked in. (yuck) & then the heirloom ring. I think this family has been manipulating Misty from the start. I can see how a teenager would fall for promises to not implicate her, but all she had to do was go along-especially since she already loved Ron. Right after this case broke, Misty went home to her family. I wonder how many phone calls, promises, & proclamations of love, it took to ger her to return.

The more I think about it...what if Misty wanted Tommy to tell the "Real Story" at first (accusations made about Tommy) but Tommy didn't want that responsibility so he figured he if went along with Misty's story about Jo...that would put Jo in the hot seat...and then the responsibility of telling "Real Story" would be on JO. They passed that responsibility around like a hot potato until someone finally dropped it.
I couldn't understand why everytime Misty threw Tommy under the bus, he still had love for her. He still wanted to talk to her. He was even saying in the jailhouse tapes that Misty just needed to tell the truth and even implied she was covering for Ron. I questioned that many times. Why??? I think that he knew Misty was just trying to get him to tell the "Real Story" about what happened (no hard feelings about that)...When that plan didn't work because he didn't want that responsibility...It was all about Jo....He jumped on Misty's story about Jo...It was kinda like "Nope I'm not telling, let Jo tell them."

It's funny how Tommy still ended up being the one to tell.....but I gotta feeling that whatever he told LE, Jo backed up the story.

Which is why I believe Tommy, Jo and probably Timmy, knew the story well--"first hand knowledge".

jmo though
I agree, about passing the responsibility, but what are they so scared of?

I think Misty, in her own mind, has been able to remove herself from guilt. There's gotta be a reason for that. LE said from the beginning, that she wasn't @ the trailer, the whole night, so we've gotta go with that. They obviously have some information, that we don't, so when? & where? I'm not sure about Teresa's involvement, but when the story came out about her offering to pay Misty to babysit, I got real suspicious. Was it common practice for the grandmother to pay? I doubt it. & then the unrelenting adoration kicked in. (yuck) & then the heirloom ring. I think this family has been manipulating Misty from the start. I can see how a teenager would fall for promises to not implicate her, but all she had to do was go along-especially since she already loved Ron. Right after this case broke, Misty went home to her family. I wonder how many phone calls, promises, & proclamations of love, it took to ger her to return.
also, if her family was involved, that would more the reason to go along. It seems that after she started pointing fingers & naming names, Ron decided to marry her. Now, that would be manipulation.

In my mind I keep hearing Ron tell Misty-"Look at the camera". l people were left out of the equation..

jom though
& anybody who has ever listened to Misty try to communicate, or read her writings, would know that she'd make the perfect patsy.

In the letter to Chelsea, I don't think Misty was saying she had been raped that night. I think she was referring to being raped when she was younger. That's just my take on it, and I could be wrong. I've seen several people refer to her being raped that night, and I thought I'd see if others read it like I did, or if I'm the one that's wrong.

I agree and didn't take the letter to mean that she was raped that night, but that it was part of threats as to what he would do to her. Misty claimed that Joe and Tommy both "messed with" her as a kid. I think she's a victim of being manipulated by men sexually and getting into their drug dealings. I'm beginning to wonder if she blames Tommy and Joe for messing up whatever was really going down that night. Maybe there are some powerful drug or gun runners that they were all getting involved with and someone screwed them around. Being so afraid of Joe alone does not make a bit of sense. Misty had LE, Ron, her Dad, brothers, and entire family to protect her for telling on that scrawny kid.

I've been thinking about this again Dodie. LE said that Misty wasn't at the trailer the "whole night". But yet they state that she's the "key".

When LE said she was not in the trailer the "whole night"...I automatically assumed they meant at some point during the night she LEFT the trailer. What if it's the other way around??? That Misty didn't get there until sometime that night? I couldn't figure out why the Cummings never entertained that thought and then I realized that, that little bit of information, forced their hand, KWIM? They had no other choice but to come to her defense. GMS cleary stated "That's a Crock" and TN offered up that information about sending GMS over there. I kept saying to myself-"even if they did go by there between 7p-8p. How does that excuse Misty for the "whole night". It didn't, yet they thought it would. Now we hear Teresa offered to pay Misty to babysit.

LE had narrowed down the timeline from 8p-3a. Maybe that's when Misty entered this story, KWIM? All of her details within that time window we know are clearly fabricated. Within that time window, Misty said she cleaned, did laundry, put the kids to bed, woke up, Haleigh was gone and then "that's all I know". All of that was a LIE. But that was put into the story to make Misty appear to be a mother figure for those kids. TN stated Misty "was like a mom to them" -"She was the best girlfriend". It sounds like TN came up with the story of Misty doing laundry, cleaning, and putting the kids to bed at bedtime.

I don't think Misty was there when everything went down. I think that's why Misty has been able to remove herself from guilt -in her heart she knows she's not guilty. She's just covering for someone else, and at first she saw no harm in that. That's why LE said she was the "key".

Remember that jailhouse tape and Misty say "when all this come out, they will see I had nothing to do with it."(paraprasing, of course) Now I believe her.

emember that jailhouse tape and Misty say "when all this come out, they will see I had nothing to do with it."(paraprasing, of course) Now I believe her.[/QUOTE] Yes, & when she said it, she meant it, by golly!

In my mind I keep hearing Ron tell Misty-"Look at the camera".

jom though

i agree with this suspicious1. mc flunking her ldt again and again is one of the things that made me wonder if she actually had any first hand knowledge of what happened to haleigh, or if she only knew what she had been told. i wonder if she would pass it if she told where she was and what she was doing when haleigh actually went missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back