Is this an admission?

Thanks wasn't enough. ITA I think u are SPOT ON with that theory. One more day. How sick for a grandparent to let ICA get away with something to that magnitude! And since the whole thing began, CA's prove that's what she likely wouldve done. Caylee really had no friends, wasn't in school and the A's clearly have no friends & don't seem to care about the extended family so who would really notice? And they would say ICA decided to give her up for adoption. Spot on!

Scamperoo's post has had me thinking about that too. They really truly might have gotten away with it, maybe at least until CA's mother & brother started asking more questions, making demands to see Caylee. I don't think Caylee even had a pediatrician who would have done regular annual check-ups!

I don't think so. Sadly I think it's just one more example of how ICA manipulates her mother, and loves doing it... CA is fretting,trying to figure out the hidden meaning, the secret code to what ICA could possibly be trying to reveal with this comment, when it's really just another ICA lie.
GA said they always have to figure out what the small piece of truth is in every lie she tells, so I think that's what CA was desperately looking for.

bbm
True
The only thing hiding here is the Truth and Casey is the one that is hiding it.

They may have had the slightest whisper of hope before HHJP allowed in the shovel, lying/stealing, sexy-time, tattoo and Myspace entry, but now it is simply absurd for the defense to continue the charade. They need to plead out if they can. Now, more than ever.

I agree.

Great find Tulessa! Wow. :thumb: Thanks for the thread. :cool2:

Cindy has made denial into an art form, it is understandable that a mother/grandmother would want to be in denial that her granddaughter was murdered by her daughter. But imo, Cindy's deep denial of what Casey was capable of is what made Casey think she could get away with it. It is that ability to deny that didn't keep Caylee safe.

She starts by telling LE about the statement Casey made that she didn't understand, and the amount of filler that goes on between when she first broaches the subject and her finishing is staggering. And that is from someone who can go on... :innocent:

Cindy knows there is meaning, deep meaning in Casey's statement but because it is so sinister(that's how I took it but it is moo)she has to believe it is a 'clue', and not just her spiteful daughter telling her she hurt Caylee. I think that Cindy's avoidance of the statement shows her discomfort with said statement, it was she who said she smelled "a damn dead body" in the car.

CA: She maintained Caylee was with the sitter the entire time. She also made a statement to me, she told me, "mom." And I didn't understand what she meant by this, she had told me that the hour was not right because it was about 7:30 or 8:00 and that's typically when Caylee's getting ready to go to bed. "Why do we want to interrupt, I'll take you to her tomorrow. I don't think Casey ever had intentions of taking me tomorrow. But she made the comment(here Cindy tries saying it out loud, but again she veers off) after I kept pushing, even Lee 'cause, my son, by the time that I'd gotten Casey back home when I realized I wasn't going to get any help sitting in the parking lot in the annex of the Orlando Police Dept.(now we are back at the police dept?) I took her home and just as I was coming around to my house my son had called me and said, "hey dad said that um just somethin' going on" all my husband had done was called him and said, "you might want to touch base with mom" he wasn't making reference about the car, didn't know about Caylee or anything else at that point, so he was actually home because "where you at?" and I said I will be there in two minutes, less than two minutes I'll be home.

(This is one running answer. I have split this into different paragraphs for easier reading, if that is possible with this material. There are no skips)

So, when I got to the house Lee was there and never left Lee's sight, that's how I know she never went back out and take that lanyard and other stuff but she stated something(here I believe, again Cindy is about to express the statement Casey made that she does not understand. She even says she hasn't had a chance to speak to Lee about it, and begins with 'Casey made a comment' but goes on to describe what Lee said to Casey) and I haven't had a chance to talk to Lee about all of this stuff. She made a comment to Lee when he said, "why are you going to allow mom to get the police involved in this? If you can take mom and I to Caylee tomorrow. Let's just do it tonight, why do we want to get the police involved?" And Casey said, I'm not sure how she said it(what does that mean?)but she said "I, I don't want to disrupt her life because from here on out Caylee's life will never be the same." And I never understood what she meant by that, and I didn't even ask her about that 'cause I wasn't sure because I said, you know...

No, we don't know Cindy. At least, I don't know. I have no idea at all what you are talking about. :sigh:

That statement, imo has nothing to do with Casey's kidnapping story. Casey was still with the Zanny is a friend and I spoke to Caylee and she seems fine-song and dance at this time. But, she was preparing Cindy and Lee for something much worse. :twocents:

:websleuther:

Great find Tulessa! Wow. :thumb: Thanks for the thread. :cool2:

Cindy has made denial into an art form, it is understandable that a mother/grandmother would want to be in denial that her granddaughter was murdered by her daughter. But imo, Cindy's deep denial of what Casey was capable of is what made Casey think she could get away with it. It is that ability to deny that didn't keep Caylee safe.

She starts by telling LE about the statement Casey made that she didn't understand, and the amount of filler that goes on between when she first broaches the subject and her finishing is staggering. And that is from someone who can go on... :innocent:

Cindy knows there is meaning, deep meaning in Casey's statement but because it is so sinister(that's how I took it but it is moo)she has to believe it is a 'clue', and not just her spiteful daughter telling her she hurt Caylee. I think that Cindy's avoidance of the statement shows her discomfort with said statement, it was she who said she smelled "a damn dead body" in the car.

CA: She maintained Caylee was with the sitter the entire time. She also made a statement to me, she told me, "mom." And I didn't understand what she meant by this, she had told me that the hour was not right because it was about 7:30 or 8:00 and that's typically when Caylee's getting ready to go to bed. "Why do we want to interrupt, I'll take you to her tomorrow. I don't think Casey ever had intentions of taking me tomorrow. But she made the comment(here Cindy tries saying it out loud, but again she veers off) after I kept pushing, even Lee 'cause, my son, by the time that I'd gotten Casey back home when I realized I wasn't going to get any help sitting in the parking lot in the annex of the Orlando Police Dept.(now we are back at the police dept?) I took her home and just as I was coming around to my house my son had called me and said, "hey dad said that um just somethin' going on" all my husband had done was called him and said, "you might want to touch base with mom" he wasn't making reference about the car, didn't know about Caylee or anything else at that point, so he was actually home because "where you at?" and I said I will be there in two minutes, less than two minutes I'll be home.

(This is one running answer. I have split this into different paragraphs for easier reading, if that is possible with this material. There are no skips)

So, when I got to the house Lee was there and never left Lee's sight, that's how I know she never went back out and take that lanyard and other stuff but she stated something(here I believe, again Cindy is about to express the statement Casey made that she does not understand. She even says she hasn't had a chance to speak to Lee about it, and begins with 'Casey made a comment' but goes on to describe what Lee said to Casey) and I haven't had a chance to talk to Lee about all of this stuff. She made a comment to Lee when he said, "why are you going to allow mom to get the police involved in this? If you can take mom and I to Caylee tomorrow. Let's just do it tonight, why do we want to get the police involved?" And Casey said, I'm not sure how she said it(what does that mean?)but she said "I, I don't want to disrupt her life because from here on out Caylee's life will never be the same." And I never understood what she meant by that, and I didn't even ask her about that 'cause I wasn't sure because I said, you know...

No, we don't know Cindy. At least, I don't know. I have no idea at all what you are talking about. :sigh:

That statement, imo has nothing to do with Casey's kidnapping story. Casey was still with the Zanny is a friend and I spoke to Caylee and she seems fine-song and dance at this time. But, she was preparing Cindy and Lee for something much worse. :twocents:

:websleuther:

Thank you Chiquita, as always, you amaze me. :)

BBM

I agree 110%, kaRN!!!! From the very first time we heard about it, I have believed KC came up with the Zanny-the-nanny-stole-my-daughter story exactly at that moment when Cindy demanded of her "WHO TOOK HER!!?" It's very obvious KC lived her life in the moment. I don't believe she had actually thought far enough ahead to know how she was going to explain Caylee's absence. So when Cindy asked her who took Caylee, that was her opportunity to blame it on the invisinanny. CINDY put the idea of a kidnapping in KC's head, whether or not she did it intentionally. I'm still conflicted on that one....

Then why the computer searches on missing children, chloroform, neck breaking...etc....I don't think ICA made the story up on a whim because she kept telling her friends that Caylee was with the nanny during the 31 day....she even lied about Zanny to CA during the 31 day, telling CA that Zanny was in a car wreck etc etc etc etc etc etc....

I'll even go so far as to say I think Cindy already knew something was very wrong where Caylee was concerned and KC was most likely involved... I think she phrased her question in order to give KC an out. After all, she was used to giving KC "outs".

I agree that had Cindy asked "What happened?" instead, KC may have given a completely different story.

JMHO.

Then why the computer searches on missing children, chloroform, neck breaking...etc....I don't think ICA made the story up on a whim because she kept telling her friends that Caylee was with the nanny during the 31 days....she even lied about Zanny to CA during the 31 days, telling CA that Zanny was in a car wreck... etc etc etc etc etc etc....IMO, she knew she was gonna have to play the kidnapping story sooner or later...she was simply laying out the ground work in advance..

My DH (bless his heart) used to take out the trash. But sometimes he would leave it in the trunk and forget about it. Yes, it smelled rank (even with cat poo), but it didn't smell like a dead body. IMHO, pizza dries out, shrivels, and that's the end of it. Pizza does not ooze bodily fluids, etc. Her describing pizza with a dead body is pure speculation, and absolutely ridic.

IMHO

Mel

We ALL know by now that Cindy CANNOT handle the truth.......

We also know that she seems to have a hard time telling the truth. Now, since this statement is coming third person,
Casey- Lee- Cindy, there is plenty of room for embellishments, omissions, and just plain old misunderstandings. I really wonder if Casey even said what her mother repeated to the FBI. For me, once a person is caught in lie after lie I have a really hard time believing anything that comes from them.

To me, it's not an "admission" by Casey, but clues containing the truth, similar to "she's close". I interpret the phrase "not wanting to disrupt her life, it'll never be the same" to mean from Casey (now that we all know Caylee is dead) just that- that Casey wasn't going to go and unbury her/ retrieve her dead little body, yes of course she'd be disturbing the sleep of the dead, and Caylee's life never would be the same because she was already dead. All Casey could do short of coming clean, would be to continue to generate lies about what the nanny had done with her...:twocents:

I can actually see the angel and devil on CA's shoulders during this interview. We could call them by many things...good versus evil....truth versus lies......conscious versus subconscious........

To me this interview with CA shows her in a state of conflict with herself. Trying to spin the truth, trying to tell the truth, and trying to figure out the truth....not necessarily in that order.......I had forgotten how totally lost and bizarre her behavior was in the early stages of this case. Wow.

I am very curious to see CA's reactions to her own interviews as this trial plays out. Hopefully she will be enlightened to how absurd she appears - but more than likely she'll just love how thin she looked in her interview..........

And Casey said, I'm not sure how she said it(what does that mean?)but she said "I, I don't want to disrupt her life because from here on out Caylee's life will never be the same." And I never understood what she meant by that, and I didn't even ask her about that 'cause I wasn't sure because I said, you know...

I took this to mean because her story was she had taken Caylee and left and was never going to return home.

And Casey said, I'm not sure how she said it(what does that mean?)but she said "I, I don't want to disrupt her life because from here on out Caylee's life will never be the same." And I never understood what she meant by that, and I didn't even ask her about that 'cause I wasn't sure because I said, you know...

I took this to mean because her story was she had taken Caylee and left and was never going to return home.

Yes, but why would Casey want her mom to think that Caylee was alive and better off with someone else? That whole family refused to share that child with anyone, and then Casey is worried about disrupting her life with someone else, a kidnapper? Maybe she was going to try to spin that this kidnapper had Caylee's best interests in mind, but I don't think Cindy would have gone for that at all. Also, these people didn't believe in therapy and helping someone to heal either. Casey wasn't worried about Caylee's emotional or life state one bit. She knew Caylee was dead and didn't want to get caught for killing her.

I guess it could be her way of trying to clue her mom into the fact that Caylee was gone, never coming back, so she should move on like Casey was already moving on. I think Casey underestimated her mother's love for Caylee, though. She didn't realize that her mother did love Caylee more than she loved Casey - she figured with Caylee gone, her mother would just accept it and move on because Casey was still alive. After all, her mother had lied, covered for Casey, and bailed out Casey many times before. What would make this time any different?

I do think that was close to an admission, probably as close as Casey was willing to go. But Cindy missed the point and got LE involved anyway. I wonder if that is one of things Cindy looks back at, wishing she had understood better what Casey meant so the whole mess could have been avoided. I've also wondered why Casey didn't spin the accident thing with them much earlier on. Maybe even if it was an accident, her mother would never forgive her and still kick her out of the home. Or maybe Casey didn't realize she had to play this situation differently than any other in her past. It's possible Cindy always caught on before, and this was the first time she didn't.

Whatever the case, if Casey said that, it was a creepy, eerie thing for her to say.

Eventually she would have to explain why no Caylee. Even no phone contact would have to be explained, so I don't think she meant it that way at all. JMO of course. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back