Is this case on your "local" news?

I live in NE PA and maybe twice it has been on Phila news otherwise it is good old NG.

Agreed. No news here in Tennessee (Tri-cities area). I am originally from PA and my family and friends up north have heard virtually nothing about this case. It disgusts me. However, I highly doubt that anyone who takes (kidnaps) or is given little Caylee would not:

1.) In the case of a kidnapping, be glued to any news regarding Caylee which is easy enough to find even though it may not be on local resources.

or

2.) Having tried to contact the mother after being left with Caylee for 3 months time with no contact from Casey.

Either way, it certainly does not point to anything "innocent" occuring IMO on Caylee's disappearance with regard to KC's involvement.

BOSTON

The only time I've heard it mentioned on the local, which I watch every night, was the night that she was bonded out by the Padillas & then again on the night she was re-arrested on the bad check charges. Only brief 20 second spots.

As for our local papers - I've only read 1 small article about the case & that was also the day after she was re-arrested.

I've mentioned this case to friends, family & co-workers & not one of them has any Idea what I'm talking about.....You guys here at WS make me feel normal

Memphis, TN - No, I've never seen it on the news here. The only reason I know about the case is that I saw Cindy and Jose on the Today Show and I thought something seemed "funny" and looked it up.

I am in Australia and it HAS been on the news here. Not much, just little bits and pieces.

My sister in New Zealand has also heard snippets on the news there.

Really, its one of the most shocking and bizzare situations of this kind that has ever been seen and thats why its making international news.

Caylee Anthony's picture has been on Fox and CNN virtually every day repeatedly for the past 56 days.

If kidnappers have Caylee, they already know she is missing without watching the news.

If some innocent family has Caylee, they've got a lot of explaining to do about how they acquired a three year old. I mean, what are they going to do, see the news and go, "Oh my goodness! This child, who has come out of nowhere and now lives with us, is missing!!! That never occurred to us!"

If Caylee is, as I strongly suspect, dead, further publicity will do nothing but add to the huge number of people who would like nothing better than to see her murderer locked away for life -- or worse.

Outside of stories about the birth of 2 headed calfs, corn prices, local baseball/football/basketball scores, and the status of the resurfacing of route 20 there is very little time for anything from the outside on our local channels. I live in a rural area surrounded by corn fields. But everyone here has cable or dish so we get the low down on what is going on out there. This is all over the cable.

There has been speculation that this case may not be as widely covered as everyone assumes. If Caylee IS indeed alive...you would certainly think that whoever has her would hear of everything going on and bring her back. Could this not be the case? Maybe people really aren't hearing about this all over the world? I live in Missouri and the people I have mentioned it to hadn't heard about it. I suspect that unless people regularly watch NG, read national news on the web, etc. that they may not even know about Caylee. And if local news stations are not covering it (to my knowledge, ours is not), the word is not getting far enough IMO.

It was on the cover of People Magazine...so pretty much everyone who goes shopping in North America knows about it.

Also, many many people go missing every year. The only reason this case is getting the press it is, is because it is such an unusual situation because the mother, rather than looking for her child, didn't even want anyone to know she was gone and won't tell anyone what happened.

If Caylee is alive, Casey has to tell someone where she is or who she is with. Anything short of that is wasting precious resources that could be used on a missing child that the parents are doing everything they can to find.

Also, sadly most people think Caylee is no longer with us, and it's not only the DNA that brings us to that conclusion, but the actions of the Anthony family.

You wanna hear something sad? I was talking to my neighbor the other day and mentioned that I had gone to search for Caylee. She said, "Who? Oh, yeah, that little girl. Did you go by yourself?" When I said I had gone with the search group from Texas she had NO idea what I was talking about!!!!

Good Lord, woman! Climb out from under that rock! You live in Orlando and you haven't heard about the extensive search for Caylee?!?!

First of all :clap: THANK YOU sooo much for looking for Caylee!

I am not in Orange County, but my local news happens to be identical to Orlando's, so I have it on every news station. I now feel lucky that not enough happens where I am for us no to be dependent on Orlando for news.

I become possessed by some crazed need to know-----
Did they find Caylee? Was Casey arrested (or exorcised)? What's going on with the lawyers, the cases? Any new evidence, witnesses?
Well you all know----So many questions we all have

I am like some kind of whirling dervish when news comes on. Misplacing the remote is NOT GOOD. I can get crazed when Fox Orlando, Wesh, channel 9 news, and channel 6 news are all on at the same time. Prior to this case, I had a "thing" about turning on the TV during the day, and I tried to avoid it.

So yes, it is on my local news and all my friends here do know about the case, to some degree.

In all fairness, I have some buds up North who also know about the case, and they don't watch NG. I don't know where they get their info. I'll ask.

By North, I mean New England, not Jacksonville.:rolleyes:

Haven't seen much at all about Caylee on the news or in the papers here in Central MA. But then there is little news about Giovanni Gonzalez, a MA missing 5 yo, on the news or in papers here either.

I live in California--in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I have seen very very few references to this case in the local TV and print news. It's interesting to me that most people on Websleuths seem well versed in local murderers Scott Peterson and Hans Reiser. I wonder--did those cases get more wide-spread coverage, or are people here familiar with them because of this site?

We're in Michigan and we get VERY random coverage of the case - depending on what news station you follow and whats been going on - but I dont think Ive seen anything on local in at least two weeks

It's been on our news a few times here in San Diego. For the most part I think if people don't watch CNN and Fox they don't know about it. None of my co-workers and friends ever even heard of Casey or Caylee Anthony.

Who knows what actually happened to that precious little girl.

I think we all know the answer to that....the answer is Casey.

But I can't help but feel like if she IS out there alive somewhere, there isn't enough being done.

I agree, if she is alive, the Anthonys are not doing enough. Why not give Casey an ultimatum, "Tell us where Caylee is or you can't stay in our house".??

Since there was never an amber alert issued for her, I'm afraid that too many people are in the dark about it.

What a shame her own family did not share your concern. An Amber Alert should have happened on the 16 June, but sadly, Casey obviously didn't want her found, so did not seek to have one issued. And when they did discover she was missing, Casey lied to them, so they had no reliable info to give the public.

I would like nothing more than to see her reunited with her family, ALIVE.

Not me...if Caylee is alive, I hope she is never subjected to that family again.

But I can't see that it's even a possibility if the world doesn't know to look for her.

Hmmm...I can't see it's even a possibility unless her family care enough about her to provide LE with reliable info re where to search.

I'm in Virginia and it is not on our local news. I only heard about it throught one of the national syndicated morning news programs and it captured my attention immediately so that when I didn't hear more about it I went on the web searching for more info.

I live in Miami, Florida

I have seen it in the news a couple of times… but its has been a while since the last time my news mentioned anything…

I know if there was an Amber Alert it would definitely be in the news…

When I went to Orlando the weekend of the 31st…

When we were heading SouthBound I stopped in the first Rest Plaza leaving Orlando and they had one 8X10… by the water fountain

I live in So Cal and it is not on our local news...I can see it on Nancy Grace. I also see it on GVS.

My part of Michigan had only a blurb when Casey was rearrested. Here she'd get a jury of people who haven't heard of the case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back