ISAAC - Information and Support for Gulf Coast Residents

I am following the status,of You WS Peeps in Isaac's path!

I.feel like a wimp for complaining about our heat wave here in So. CA.

Hang in there, WSers!

You have a lot of people thinking of, and praying for, you! :please:

Please excuse messy iPad typing!

Thank goodness my son called me a little while ago. He is just sleeping through this and I am sitting up here in Ohio all worried about him! He is a big boy, he is a big boy, he is a big boy.

Thank goodness my son called me a little while ago. He is just sleeping through this and I am sitting up here in Ohio all worried about him! He is a big boy, he is a big boy, he is a big boy.

So happy you heard from your son, ohiogirl!

Update,they think everyone from Plaquemines Parish has been rescued. Also they have been saving the animals. Which we all know that during Katrina a lot of people would not leave because they didn't want to leave their animals.They also have shelters you can bring your animals to now. I keep hearing people say they didn't think the water would get that high, so quickly. They had buses cruising neighborhoods, telling them to leave just for
that reason, when they say evacuate I hope people realize it's for a reason.

I live in Thibodaux La and we had a rough morning / afternoon. The eye has just recently left us. We lost power about 6 am and got power back around 1 pm. We are now getting winds from the SW around 30mph gusting to around 40. not near as bad as the 80 mph gusts higher. I pray for all that are still in its path.

The Parish schools where I live are closed both tomorrow and Friday in anticipation of flooding, winds and power outages.

I, however, teach at a private school and we have decided to remain open. :(

So I am in for a restless night of listening to the wind howl and rain pelt. And then I get to hydroplane my way in to school! Woo hoo! ;)

And I am sure only half of my class will be there, if that. :p

I'd like to add that I am a native Floridian and hurricane veteran so if I sound flippant about having to go to work, well, it's because I am! Lol.

So far so good here just a lot of wind.

Same here.....brought all potential projectiles indoors and now just lying in bed waiting to see what happens. The guinea pigs are freaking out, though, so that has me on guard.

Hoping it's just some rain!

Same here.....brought all potential projectiles indoors and now just lying in bed waiting to see what happens. The guinea pigs are freaking out, though, so that has me on guard.

Hoping it's just some rain!

Yeah we tied down the trampoline and put anything that could possibly move away. Some tree branches are down but nothing major. No rain, no thunder or lightning. A little rain wouldnt hurt us.

Yeah we tied down the trampoline and put anything that could possibly move away. Some tree branches are down but nothing major. No rain, no thunder or lightning. A little rain wouldnt hurt us.

We are in Caddo, so I really was surprised by the school/business closures. I just assumed we were far enough inland to only get some rain and light flooding. But ya never know!

Be safe, neighbor! :)

We are in Caddo, so I really was surprised by the school/business closures. I just assumed we were far enough inland to only get some rain and light flooding. But ya never know!

Be safe, neighbor! :)

In calcasieu parish they close schools if it gets too cold, if the wind blows, and if it rains too much LOL I am not suprised they closed the schools.

Well most of the shingles which were previously on my roof are now on my lawn. I have a leak in the roof and the hay bales are destroyed. Our power is out but we have a generator so we have lights, internet, Tv and most comforts.

Mr Swamp is about to go out and tarp a roof for a friend who had a tree fall on her house. He is a cranky old man but in times like these, he is the man who will get stuff done. I have faith in him, having seen him in action during Gustav working with the fire dept.

I hate to see my yard by daylight with the shingles all over but in my typical reaction, I will burst out laughing because we are fine and everything else will work itself out somehow. Mr Swamp will look at me like I am nuts but he can't help but laugh with me. We've been thru this before.

I've lost everything before and survived. If my loved ones are ok then everything else will be alright. I'm praying all my WS family is safe as well.

Well most of the shingles which were previously on my roof are now on my lawn. I have a leak in the roof and the hay bales are destroyed. Our power is out but we have a generator so we have lights, internet, Tv and most comforts.

Mr Swamp is about to go out and tarp a roof for a friend who had a tree fall on her house. He is a cranky old man but in times like these, he is the man who will get stuff done. I have faith in him, having seen him in action during Gustav working with the fire dept.

I hate to see my yard by daylight with the shingles all over but in my typical reaction, I will burst out laughing because we are fine and everything else will work itself out somehow. Mr Swamp will look at me like I am nuts but he can't help but laugh with me. We've been thru this before.

I've lost everything before and survived. If my loved ones are ok then everything else will be alright. I'm praying all my WS family is safe as well.

What part of La are you in if you dont mind me asking

The sirens were going off for a tornado here about an hour and a half ago. My husband got very upset and ran to get the 4 year old. It scared her, because he was scared. It seems to be quieted down now though, but he is still up listening for the sirens. I am planning to open my office tomorrow, so I guess I really need to get some sleep.

What part of La are you in if you dont mind me asking

I'm about an hour Northwest of Baton Rouge,around Point Coupee Parish. I live in the boonies in one of those small towns and I love it. I used to live in New Orleans and loved it but now I love being a small town girl

Good morning! Tropical Storm Isaac rolled into north Louisiana last night. This storm is really odd because everything is calm one minute and the next minute is wind gusts and hard rain. The wind woke me up a couple of times last night.

Schools are closed today and tomorrow and had gotten out early yesterday. People were still filling sandbags at 6pm last night. I live on a slope, so I didn't get sandbags because others need them more. My city has horrible drainage, so very much rainfall would flood temporarily anyway.

I wish it would get daylight so I could see my front and back yards. I see small limbs on the patio with the light on.

Anyway, it is not and has not been too bad here in north Louisiana. I hope it stays this way and no tornadoes.

Prayers for everyone who has flooding and damage. Take care!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back