Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blast at hospital from 'rocket aimed at Haifa' - Regev​

More from Mark Regev, the senior adviser to the Israeli Prime Minister, who has told BBC News it is the belief of the Israeli authorities that a Hamas rocket was to blame for the blast at the Al Ahli hospital.
"We know that at the time of this tragedy in Gaza, there was a huge barrage against targets in central Israel. We had the siren here in Tel Aviv, and I went to a bomb shelter," he said.
"We know they fired rockets at that same time. Hamas put out a statement that they were sending a long-range rocket on Haifa [northern Israel] at this time."
"Now no rocket actually reached Haifa. Where did that rocket go? Where did it land?"
The BBC is working to verify what caused the blast at the Al Ahli hospital, which Hamas authorities have blamed on the Israeli military.

They also said in a previous stmt earlier that if Israel would stop bombing that they would release hostages. And a little over an hour ago - they said they would release hostages within the hour according to news sources. They aren’t releasing any hostages.
NBC headlines...

The articles stated Hamas wants all Palestinians in jail released.

Moo...NBC headlines misrepresented the terms of release.

Last edited:
They also said in a previous stmt earlier that if Israel would stop bombing that they would release hostages. And a little over an hour ago - they said they would release hostages within the hour according to news sources. They aren’t releasing any hostages.
I know. I made a comment on that post. Basically "stop for an hour" and see if it happens. Sounded like BS.

Of course, they were probably really saying, "Stop the war and we will release the hostages in an hour". But then again, you can't trust them. Also even seriously commenting on hostage negotiation on Websleuths is beyond my pay scale. I sat on pins and needles with the Iran hostage crisis, then there was the Lebanese...

I really don't know how this works....I trust the Israeli govt more than my comments.

Blast at hospital from 'rocket aimed at Haifa' - Regev​

More from Mark Regev, the senior adviser to the Israeli Prime Minister, who has told BBC News it is the belief of the Israeli authorities that a Hamas rocket was to blame for the blast at the Al Ahli hospital.
"We know that at the time of this tragedy in Gaza, there was a huge barrage against targets in central Israel. We had the siren here in Tel Aviv, and I went to a bomb shelter," he said.
"We know they fired rockets at that same time. Hamas put out a statement that they were sending a long-range rocket on Haifa [northern Israel] at this time."
"Now no rocket actually reached Haifa. Where did that rocket go? Where did it land?"
The BBC is working to verify what caused the blast at the Al Ahli hospital, which Hamas authorities have blamed on the Israeli military.

Is this an attempt at the truth ...moo

1697574517319.jpeg
Scores of injured people are being taken to Al-Shifa Hospital following what Palestinian officials say was an Israeli airstrike on Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza City, Gaza on Tuesday, October 17, 2023. Ali Jadallah/Anadolu/Getty Images

Location of the hospital within Gaza City​

1697575232902.jpeg

Here's the location of the Al Ahli hospital where hundreds of people are feared to have died following a strike on Tuesday evening.

As we've been reporting, the Israeli military has denied Hamas's claims that it was behind the explosion, instead saying it was a rocket fired by Palestinian militants that fell short.

Well, I'm simply stating: that is just your opinion. I'm talking about being rational.

Obviously, the whole problem in the Middle East is too many people with life or death convictions about what other people, with completely different religious/ ethnic/ cultural/ historical backgrounds "should" or "should not" do.

We are trying to overcome this problem in the West, where we have the benefit of wealth, education and peace, to over-ride those knee-jerk attempts to force other people to think exactly like we do. (We can't even get our own children to think like we do!).

It's one thing when people only had knives, but now everyone has devastating bombs and wants nuclear weapons.

The only hope, IMO, is to get off those high horses and try to focus on what we have in common.

JMO
BBM. Not getting our children to think like we do isn't always a bad thing! People on those high horses never back down, btw.

Yes, we are in the west but there still are too many knee-jerk attempts to force and control the thoughts of other people by extremists who goad crazies into acting out. The barbaric slaughter of a small child and violent attack on his mother in a suburb of Chicago is just one example of crazy nutjobs walking freely amongst us.

We just watched a tv program about the violent pro-Palestine vs Pro-Israel demonstrations happening on college campuses. At one school, students are demanding a college professor--who spouted hateful, anti-Israel rhetoric--be fired. Too bad the highly paid college administrators didn't have enough common sense to figure it out.

JMO hh college leadership couldn't think of that on their own.

JMO

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads