GUILTY Israel - Rose Pizem, 4, beaten to death, Netanya, 12 May 2008

What penalty for the murderous step/grandfather?

• Death penalty

Votes: 45 78.9%
  • Life imprisonment

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Something less than life imprisonment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For you Reannan, my favorite picture of Rose. I find the later pictures of her too painful to look at, because once we know her history the pain and anguish is so clear in her eyes. Yet, even here we see the pain, it breaks my heart.

rose.jpg

RIP Rose, we will see you when we get there.

For you Reannan, my favorite picture of Rose. I find the later pictures of her too painful to look at, because once we know her history the pain and anguish is so clear in her eyes. Yet, even here we see the pain, it breaks my heart.

rose.jpg

RIP Rose, we will see you when we get there.

Oh, Kat!!! I consider myself hardcore, and immune to most mushy stuff, but I have tears in my eye!! I truly, honestly, loved this little girl from the very first picture I saw of her! I also understand what you are saying about her pictures. They will haunt me forever. EVERY single danged picture is one where here eyes are filled with tears. What kind of life is that for a child??? Even thru the tears, however, I see a bright shinning soul that had much to offer! I am glad she is now out of harms way, but I will forever be pizzed off about what happened to her. Even in the afterlife....I will be pizzed off!!! Wrong is wrong, and what happened to Rose is WRONG!! I truly do hope I get a chance to hug her someday. In the interim, if you can follow this case, and keep us posted on what is going on with the a-holes that caused this situation, I would be eternally greatful! Unfortunately, there are SO many to follow!!! So many! Sorry for the long post.

Happy Mother's day to you too Chico...all five of mine have either hugged me or called today :D

I'm not sure what the outcome to this trial will be...I'm going to follow it though :) I'll try to keep the thread updated for those that are curious to see it to the end too.

Happy Mom Day :seeya:

ETA: O/T but today is my day to jam, no teen music...we have Sinatra jammin, Etta James and Ella Fitzgerald :D So instead of shorty shorty, b@@tie music, we are "flying me to the moon" heh

What a GREAT idea Kat!!!! I may instill that lil rule starting next month (so they will have tome to deal with it, of couse...lol). I love Sinatra and the Rat Pack....my grandparents are Italian immigrants, and I swore for the longest, they had some kind of mafia connection with how dedicated my gramps was to FS. LOL. I also like James Brown, Al Greene, old Bay Area stuff also....I need to instill that on my Sundays- they are delegated to me anyways :) Time to take back over!!!! :eek: Thanks for the OT idea :clap:

Sorry all for going OT- This case is very sad and I needed a release for it- sorry mods (?? I still ove y'all :blowkiss:)

Thank you Reannan and Kat for the pics- You are BOTH right - they ARE HAUNTING!!! Even on seemingly innocent snapshots of her, she has the look of fear in her eyes! I will hug my babies extra tight and Thank God (as I di everyday) that I have healthy children who arent abused.

Since we have seen more pics that I thought of her, has anyone yet to see a smiling pic of this beautiful baby? If so, please share :blowkiss: TIA

Both the mother and the "grandfather" person should probably get the DP, but I voted life in prison. I don't know how the laws work in Israel, but if, as boston baby tells us, they have a death sentence but it has been used only once in decades, it seems unlikely it will be applied here.
This case is beyond appalling. There is no excuse, nothing either of them can say that would garner a speck of understanding from me. On par with the couple in Peoria who let their baby die--after ignoring him for 8 days, he died from sepsis resulting from sitting in the same diaper for that long.
Rose is in heaven now, free of tears.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1084830.html

Ronny Ron and Marie Pizem continued to tell people that their daughter, Rose Pizem, was "away," months after she was allegedly killed by Ron, several witnesses told the Petah Tikva District Court yesterday, the second day of their trial...

...One friend of the family told the court that in July 2008, he asked Ron where the child was. "He told me she was away at a French summer camp that had cost him NIS 900, and that it was a decent price," the witness said. "He told me they take her in the morning and bring her home in the afternoon."...

...Another friend of the family, Naor Ben Efraim, told the court that when he questioned Ron about Rose's whereabouts, Ron said she was in a French boarding school, for which he paid $1,500 a month. Ben Efraim also testified that Marie Pizem spoke Hebrew.

The couple's babysitter said she was told that Rose was staying with Ron's mother.

The prosecution is asserting that Rose's Mother does not speak or understand Hebrew as a way of discounting these eyewitness reports.

However, a couple of the witnesses are stating that Rose's Mother spoke Hebrew and understood it well. Also LE says she does too.

I actually have a lil insight to this case- not much, but my first hubby was Israeli, and his father is a retired judge of their small city, and I am aware of the leniency of some of their laws. My ex-inlaws are from Holon, which is north of Tel Aviv. I dont think this makes much difference, but it was around the time the gaza Strip starting fighting so violently in the 90s. He told me that even murderers dont get harsh sentences. Maybe 20-30 years max, depending on the severity and who was killed makes a difference.

I cant imagine she know NO Hebrew, as I knew none, yet after living around a family that were bi-lingual, I picked it up fairly quick. :) I can hold a conversation,and know basic words, numbers, alphbet ,etc. - I cant read or write~that is a WHOLE different ball game :eek:

I feel she is just as much to blame for not getting her help. She knew that he was abusing her, yet did nothing- She is twisted already for getting with that idiot in the first place- Does in-bred ring a bell??? :bang:

I apologize for the rant, but it doesnt seem like they will get any type of punishment that is suitable for what happened to Rose. In some instances, I wish that Isreal was harsher, like other Middle Eastern Countries, but they arent, and thats what makes Israel unique. It is a fair place, but it sucks when jerks like this get lighter sentences because of it.

PS- I emailed my ex to see if he has any idea of how much time he will get. I will post when I hear anything. Sorry for the long post.

Some posters were asking for pictures of Rose when she didn't have tears in her eyes or looked so haunted.

I found this tribute on myspace and it does have a couple of pictures of Rose in it smiling. Be forewarned though, there is also media pictures of the suitcase that Rose was stuffed into before she was tossed into the river. Nothing graphic.

YouTube - In Loving Memory of Rose Pizem

I don't know how I did that? And I don't know if it's allowed? And if it's not please fix it mod? TIA

Updates for those that are following Rose's story with me:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3717048,00.html

...The Petah Tikva District Court heard the testimony of Vivian Yaakov, her paternal grandmother. Yaakov was the child's primary caregiver in the months prior to her death, and her testimony painted a grim picture of parental neglect.

"She was a normal little girl," she said, adding she knew that Marie and Ronny used to spank her. At one point, she told the court, "Rose said 'mommy doesn’t love me. She plays with my sisters, but she doesn't hug or kiss me.'" ...

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1086341.html
18/05/2009

...Ron had confessed to killing his granddaughter Rose Pizem by the first night of questioning.

Police Commander Ron Gertner told the court that Rose's grandfather told police how he carried out the murder, saying: "The child was sleeping, I placed her inside the bag, closed it with the zipper and threw it in the Yarkon."...

..."We asked him if he has no mercy, how he could drown a girl in that manner if she was still alive," Gertner told the court.

"At a specific stage of the inquiry Ron used a more extreme word - 'I liquidated her, I liquidated her,'" he added...

I don't know how I did that? And I don't know if it's allowed? And if it's not please fix it mod? TIA

OMG Kat, TY so much for sharing that beautiful tribute- What a pretty lil girl she was. It did make me cry, and sick to my stomach when you see how much dad and g-pa looked alike. That poor baby and her lil sis- what cute pics :blowkiss:.

Imagine how confusing that must have been for them. :confused: To go from look-a-like dad to look-a-like gpa? I know it sent chills up my spine, but thanks for sharing. Her beautiful doe-shaped eyes will forever haunt me. :mad:

She haunts me too Chicogirl. Today when I read that she was alive and sleeping when she was placed in the suitcase and tossed into the river, which BTW was the gpa's first confession, and I believe to be more than likely true, broke my heart even more.

She haunts me too Chicogirl. Today when I read that she was alive and sleeping when she was placed in the suitcase and tossed into the river, which BTW was the gpa's first confession, and I believe to be more than likely true, broke my heart even more.

OMG- I remember that line- I didnt know thats how it happened until I read that article- Im glad she was asleep, but i highly doubt that she stayed asleep the whole time- She wasnt at that young age that you sleep thru EVERYTHING- I hate to say this, but I believe that she knew something bad was going to happen.....again. :mad:
Also, do you realize that they have been on trial since Sept 08? Evidently, he told me they are suuuuper slow and kinda arrest, and then investigate as they go. They actually dont have too many murders there. Its mostly fighting with Palestinians,et al.

RIP Rose, you ARE loved :blowkiss::blowkiss:

BTW, I spoke/emailed my ex and he said that Israel is in love with Rose- He actually said that more people were mad at the mom because of the shady relationship and the fact that she allowed Rose to be abused- Evidently, Isreali's stand by their own, and even though people despise g-pa, they hate her more? Go figure! I HATE them both!!!!! :furious::furious:

Updates on behalf of Rose:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1086486.html
Wed., May 20, 2009

A social worker testified yesterday that she had received a report of the disappearance of 4-year-old Rose Pizem a month before police launched the investigation that resulted in the girl's body being discovered in Tel Aviv's Yarkon River in September.

More details at link

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3718505,00.html
Published: 05.19.09

...The psychiatric evaluation of Ronny Ron... has determined him fit to stand trial...

Not much more at link.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1242212425893&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull
May 20, 2009

...Korland quoted from a letter Pizem sent to her partner Ronnie Ron... in which she complained that Rose "was stealing Ron's attention" from her. Pictures found in Pizem and Ron's home showed the pair's two common daughters, but did not contain images of Rose.

Very little more at link.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1087093.html
Fri., May 22, 2009

...Three officers responded to claims by the defense attorneys that the suspects' rights were violated during their interrogation...

More at link. Such as, Rose's Mother wasn't taken to a holding cell so she could lay down after she fell asleep during her interview with LE.
Cry me a freakin' river :eyeroll:

UGHHH- Thank you for those links Kat, but now my blood is boiling even more hearing this idiot talk- Koos Em-Emmeck -to him (anyone who knows Hebrew will catch that one ;))

"We asked him whether he has no mercy - how he could drown a girl in that manner if she was still alive," he said.
Duh, do you think he would have any if he actually confessing the first night? He is a monster and proud of it!
I cant understand why Social workers failed to investigate immediately, and WTH is the annon French man who called the authorities? Maybe maternal gpa?
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1086486.html

Thank you Kat for posting these updates. :hug: I think the best one so far is the photo montage of beautiful Rose. I was happy to see her smiling and yet sad to know the way she left us. :mad: What a waste of life.

God bless you Rose Pizem.

This a lil OT, but Rose's name came up in another case I have been following. I got my info from a web site we are not allowed to link to :)

Tracy PD found a very interesting search on Huckaby’s computer. Huckaby had a particular interest in a murder case of a 4 year old girl, Rose Pizam, a child of French descent living in Jerusalem. There were multiple searches on the hard drive of this case, although Tracy PD has not released the dates of the searches.
Rose Pizm, was allegedly murdered by her grandfather and her Mother, who were lovers and the parents to two other young daughters. She was missing several months when divers found her remains following Ron Ronalds’ confession to her murder, in a red suitcase in the Yardok river.’

Kinda freaky- I wonder if that has any ties to how they found Sandra in the water in a suitcase? I hope she pays BIG TIME!!!!

Chicogirl, Issues with JVM last night brought this up and it was the first I had heard of it so I posted it in the Sandra Cantu forum.

Ugh, I hate to even type this but ~ even though Rose's autopsy showed blows to the head, her Father/Paternal Grandfather (one is the same if anyone reads this and hasn't caught up on Rose's thread) stated in his first interview with LE that he placed a sleeping Rose in the suitcase and threw her in the river while still alive. I'm still looking for any media reports to contradict that possibility.

Now what I thought of immediately was that Sandra's autopsy results had to be sealed because the Judge stated that to release the results could cause public outrage (something along those lines, I don't remember her exact wording). All of us following the Cantu case thought that it had to do with the details of her molestation, including myself. But perhaps the detail I just outlined in Rose's case in the above paragraph is also a detail in Sandra's case. If so, yes then there would have been public outrage and quite possibly public unrest.

Chicogirl, Issues with JVM last night brought this up and it was the first I had heard of it so I posted it in the Sandra Cantu forum.

Ugh, I hate to even type this but ~ even though Rose's autopsy showed blows to the head, her Father/Paternal Grandfather (one is the same if anyone reads this and hasn't caught up on Rose's thread) stated in his first interview with LE that he placed a sleeping Rose in the suitcase and threw her in the river while still alive. I'm still looking for any media reports to contradict that possibility.

Now what I thought of immediately was that Sandra's autopsy results had to be sealed because the Judge stated that to release the results could cause public outrage (something along those lines, I don't remember her exact wording). All of us following the Cantu case thought that it had to do with the details of her molestation, including myself. But perhaps the detail I just outlined in Rose's case in the above paragraph is also a detail in Sandra's case. If so, yes then there would have been public outrage and quite possibly public unrest.

OMG Kat- I thought the same thing- CHILLS are still running down my spine when I think of it. How chilling!!!!! I also remember those reports saying we would be SHOCKED and if the foreign object isnt enough to make the public mad, this definately would, IMO. Thanks for the post my gf :blowkiss:

Bumping for Rose :rose:

Have you heard anything Kat, anyone??? I think they went on a break, but do we know for how long?

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3780149,00.html

Published: 09.22.09, 12:52

Rose murder case: Ron changes story – again

...The Petah Tikva District Court resumed hearing the Rose Pizem murder case Tuesday...

...Ron's Tuesday testimony surprised the court, as he changed his version of the events once more, this time claiming that several days prior to his arrest he told Renault her daughter "suffered an accident." ...

Interesting statements that Ronny Ron makes about himself in that article. I have to admit I raised an eyebrow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back