Identified! Italy - Rome, Homeless Woman, Nov'16 - Embla Jauhojärvi

I sure hope she'd going home!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They look exactly alike. You need to ignore the difference in the way the hair looks and the absence of glasses, but the eyes, nose etc all match exactly. I'm sure the father is a better judge of his daughter's appearance then strangers on facebook.

Expand the photo and you will see it is very likely her.
I still think they need to do some type of DNA/fingerprint/dental comparisons, just in case.

[Her father] had a sleepless night after the discovery and had boarded the first flight from Stockholm this morning to see her...

'I just want to hold her and make sure she is safe. I want to take her home.'

The 54-year-old businessman added: 'She is vulnerable. She has Asperger's syndrome. She finds it difficult to communicate. She is shy and does like to speak to people she doesn't know...

Embla vanished six months ago while her father was abroad.

She had secretly left Sweden and travelled to Italy to take a language course in the south of the country.

When the course finished at the end of the summer she boarded a train to the capital Rome but failed to return home to Stockholm.

Mr Jauhojarvi explained: 'When I got home from South Africa I found Embla had vanished. She did not tell me she was going away. She did not leave a note. I didn't know what had become of her.

'After a couple of weeks I contacted the police and asked for help to find her. But they said she was over 18 was very little she could do.

'I contacted everyone I could think of – her school, her university, banks, everyone. I discovered she had signed up to an Italian language course in the south of Italy.

'I contacted the language school but they told me they had put her on a train to Rome and had not heard anything more from her.'...

He explained: 'I had a call from Embla's cousin to say that he has seen her picture on the internet. I saw the picture and I knew it was Embla.

'I could not sleep. I have been awake all night. I booked the first flight to Rome. I just want to find my daughter.'

Mr Jauhojarvi was met with further frustration when he learned Embla had returned to the streets following a night under the care of the Rome Social Services – her first proper night's sleep in months.

But his optimism returned when Rome Police told him the blonde girl had been spotted and had again been taken into protective care.

The detective in the case said: 'Embla left the place where she was staying last night. She said she did not want to stay. The social services could not stop her. She is an adult.

'But we [the police] were alerted and one of our officers spotted her. She is now back in protective care.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-six-month-search-arrives-Italy-reunion.html

Wow! She does look like Leela. I looked and could not find a thread for her.

I also noticed the mods have moved this thread and said she is identified but I have not seen any confirmation she is Embla. :confused:

This woman looks SO familiar to me I almost thought she was someone I knew from when I was in Europe years ago, but she is too young to be any of my friends.

Woah! All a bit strange.... from that link:

In July 2007, Chantelle McDougall – and her six-year-old daughter, Leela, vanished, along with the family’s housemate, Tony Popic. The three have never been heard from again, and family members fear foul play is involved. Today, Leela would be 15 years old, the original age Cammack was reportedly told by investigators the young woman was believed to be.

Leela’s father, Simon Kadwell (aka Gary Felton) is originally from Sweden. It is believed he may have fled to Sweden after Chantelle and Leela were discovered missing. He is a known identity thief, capable of stealing documents to generate new passports. The fact that “Embla’s” father is from Sweden is of serious concern to Cammack and her team.

When authorities in Rome gave the ‘mystery woman’ a plastic shopping bag to hold her belongings, they instructed her to write her name on it. Although spaces do appear between the letters, it seems as though she wrote the name, “Leela”.

A photo provided by Cammack to Victims News Online shows a side-by-side comparison of “Embla’s” right hand versus Leela McDougall’s right hand. It appears both thumbs are clubbed, and there appears to be a deformity on the index fingers of both girls.

Another story suggesting this could be Leela McDougall has different comparison photo:
1479851521282.jpg

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/i...-streets-of-rome-from-wa-20161122-gsv0vr.html

Woah! All a bit strange.... from that link:

In July 2007, Chantelle McDougall – and her six-year-old daughter, Leela, vanished, along with the family’s housemate, Tony Popic. The three have never been heard from again, and family members fear foul play is involved. Today, Leela would be 15 years old, the original age Cammack was reportedly told by investigators the young woman was believed to be.

Leela’s father, Simon Kadwell (aka Gary Felton) is originally from Sweden. It is believed he may have fled to Sweden after Chantelle and Leela were discovered missing. He is a known identity thief, capable of stealing documents to generate new passports. The fact that “Embla’s” father is from Sweden is of serious concern to Cammack and her team.

When authorities in Rome gave the ‘mystery woman’ a plastic shopping bag to hold her belongings, they instructed her to write her name on it. Although spaces do appear between the letters, it seems as though she wrote the name, “Leela”.

A photo provided by Cammack to Victims News Online shows a side-by-side comparison of “Embla’s” right hand versus Leela McDougall’s right hand. It appears both thumbs are clubbed, and there appears to be a deformity on the index fingers of both girls.

BBM. Wow. I missed this on my first scan reading of the article. So this could be Lelee who had been forced to live in Sweden under the false name Embla?
Wild story if true! And where is her mother? :(

If this is Leela, I will eat every hat on the planet. It doesn't stand up to plain logic. Why would they bother to claim this girl as Embla if they knew she was Leela and had been involved in her kidnapping or whatever? They would stay quiet and hope the girl didn't lead the police back to them.

Also I just don't see the similarities in the hands.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back