Italy - US Airman Halex Hale, 24, Aviano, 2 July 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Jul 7, 2016.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

2. Loading...

3. los2188

4. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/italy-calls-search-missing-u-s-airman-halex-hale-n606636

5. mrsobrien

mrsobrien New Member

6. oasis72

oasis72 New Member

This young man went missing the night after Beau Solomon was killed in Rome..... Beau's credit cards were used in Milan on July 1st, and Hale went missing on the night of July 2nd about 200 miles NE of there..... Time for Italy to address the gangs targeting Americans over there.....

7. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Active Member

If this part is true I would like to know if the friends knew he left without his things or if they realized after he left. If he left and they discovered his keys were still there - would they have tried to catch up with him or would they just wait for him to return? Did they not know the stuff was there until after they found out he'd gone missing?

Leaving those things behind... I don't like it. :(

8. bajatacos

bajatacos Member

Hmmm . . . Alex leaving his wallet and phone makes me think he just went outside to smoke a cigarette or talk to someone and planned to go back inside. I wonder if he actually said goodbye to his friends as though he was leaving. I also wonder if he was mugged, and the mugger became violent when Alex said he didn't have his wallet on him.

9. los2188

10. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Active Member

Oh no😮 it says in the above link that the body has been in the water a long time. Would a week be a long time? I'm thinking this is him. Possibly another mugging gone wrong.
    Also, it's so very weird for someone to leave and not take his immediate possessions. Is it possible that there was some kind of disagreement and he left in a hurry.

11. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC New Member

12. margarita25

margarita25 Jessica Ridgeway. Never Forgotten.

"Carabinieri Maj. Salvino Macli said Monday that they were in “a phase of complete hypothesis” and that it could take days to identify the body, which appeared to have been in the water for a long time. He said canals in the area where Staff Sgt. Halex Hale was last seen empty out into the Adriatic."

13. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Active Member

It may not be him. There's a lot of illegal migration across the Adriatic from Albania and the former Yugoslavia to Italy. It's entirely possible that this body may be that of a would-be illegal immigrant who came to grief or even an unlucky fisherman or leisure sailor.

14. MelmothTheLost

Unfortunately various media are reporting that his body has been found in a river in NE Italy.

http://fox59.com/2016/07/12/body-of-missing-indiana-airman-found-in-river-in-italy/

15. MelmothTheLost

16. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Active Member

rest easy.. what a handsome young man he was.

17. bajatacos

bajatacos Member

Oh no. My heart breaks for his family. He was so handsome and had his whole life ahead of him. :(

18. Inthedetails

Inthedetails New Member

That's what I think happened. I also think a military man would not be afraid of a fight - so perhaps a fight occurred and he was outnumbered. I hope we get some answer on the actual COD and condition or body (indication of a fight, for example), and whether he was slipped a drug.

I find it very strange that smart, strong American men are somehow separated from their group and end up mugged....and a couple of them at least have ended up in the river. This is targeted, imo.