IL James “Jimmy” Jones

I haven't heard anything yet~~but~~I was able to get another picture of JJ.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-new pic jj.JPG
    Capture-new pic jj.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Capture-jj & bust.jpg
    Capture-jj & bust.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 85
Looks really close to me!!!!

Update:

I forwarded your email to the investigator in Lyon County, but have not heard of any of their follow up. We would need DNA for comparison in order to see if James Jones is a match. I will try and get a hold of the investigator again.

From the email, it sounds as if the ME thinks there could be a possibility of a match.

Update:

I have been in contact with the Chicago PD, however, then have been unable to locate any missing person files for James Jones. Without more concrete information on the missing person report, I am afraid I am unable to move forward with any possible comparison. This would include when exactly the report was file, a case number, etc. If you are able to provide more concrete information from the family, I can then put them in touch with the detective from Chicago.

I will try to get in touch with the family. It might take me a while as it is a touchy subject with the family.

Update!

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report James has been located deceased. He can officially be named as a rule out as the Sand Canyon John Doe.

I'm sorry he's gone. With any missing person my biggest hope is always that they'll be located alive and well somewhere. Condolences to his friends and family.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I am here. I do have a new job, but keep tabs on this case. It has just been a while since I visited Web Sleuths. I am now the Chief Investigator for the Douglas County District Attorney's Office. If anyone has leads or follow-up on the Sand Canyon Case please feel free to notify me. I am updating my contact info here and for the Web Sleuth community. Thanks for all the hard work on this.

Mike Marty
mmarty@douglas.nv.gov

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member