James Bisset / Shannan Gilbert connection

He's a bigger question, since the DISTRICT ATTORNEY of Suffolk County is going to prison for corruption why shouldn't every single conviction prosecuted by his office during his 15 years in power be overturned?
One would think a legitimate district attorney would have at least entertained the thought. One would think that NOT ONLY was the District Attorney was convicted of high crimes, but his mentor ( some call him protege) James Burke were part of the frame job. To make it even better the other convicted criminal liar is the former LT. James Hickey. Make it even more funny is Spota is trying to wiggle out of jail by claiming Hickey is a LIAR. No, my friends you can't make this up.

From 2011 to 2013 i worked with a lady that was close friends to the bissett family. Does anyone remember the day that bissetts family released a statement that they were so disgusted that these internet rumors are defaming their fathers name? I believe it was in 2011. That wasnt supposed to be the statement and they were supposed to be on a live press conference confirming the rumor. When the statement came out my coworker was so shocked that they flipped the story, she became violently ill and i had to drive her home from work. Photos were found in bissetts safe after he committed suicide. Photos of Gilbert and several other prostitutes that were found at gilgo beach. Tied up. Bloody. My guess is that he believed Gilbert's body being found was going to link him somehow and he offed himself because of it. Or, one of his buddy in SCPD tipped him off that there would be more questions. Yes, more questions because according to my former coworker, he had already been questioned by SCPD in connection to the gilgo beach bodies because the burlap sacks the bodies were found in were linked to not only his nursery, but somehow directly to him. I guess there was some kind of evidence. And then he committed suicide instead of having to face his family. There was the torso of a woman found at gilgo beach whose thigh was found on i think manorville 20 years prior, anyone remember that? According to my former coworker that was expecting a press conference, bissett was linked to that somehow back when the thigh was found because he was questioned then too.

If what youve stated above is true, would make some sense as to why Bissett did what he did, but the question would be, how bad would life have gotten for Bissett if any of the above statements are true? Is there any proof he was connected in any way to the murder of any of the victims? It may never get out.

Everyone has secrets, but dont understand why a muti-millionaire with power & influence & several successful businesses all of a sudden commits suicides....& nobody can explain why? Did he leave a note explaining? Who knows, wealthy families with political connections usually get their way.

From 2011 to 2013 i worked with a lady that was close friends to the bissett family. Does anyone remember the day that bissetts family released a statement that they were so disgusted that these internet rumors are defaming their fathers name? I believe it was in 2011. That wasnt supposed to be the statement and they were supposed to be on a live press conference confirming the rumor. When the statement came out my coworker was so shocked that they flipped the story, she became violently ill and i had to drive her home from work. Photos were found in bissetts safe after he committed suicide. Photos of Gilbert and several other prostitutes that were found at gilgo beach. Tied up. Bloody. My guess is that he believed Gilbert's body being found was going to link him somehow and he offed himself because of it. Or, one of his buddy in SCPD tipped him off that there would be more questions. Yes, more questions because according to my former coworker, he had already been questioned by SCPD in connection to the gilgo beach bodies because the burlap sacks the bodies were found in were linked to not only his nursery, but somehow directly to him. I guess there was some kind of evidence. And then he committed suicide instead of having to face his family. There was the torso of a woman found at gilgo beach whose thigh was found on i think manorville 20 years prior, anyone remember that? According to my former coworker that was expecting a press conference, bissett was linked to that somehow back when the thigh was found because he was questioned then too.

If what youve stated above is true, would make some sense as to why Bissett did what he did, but the question would be, how bad would life have gotten for Bissett if any of the above statements are true? Is there any proof he was connected in any way to the murder of any of the victims? It may never get out.

Everyone has secrets, but dont understand why a muti-millionaire with power & influence & several successful businesses all of a sudden commits suicides....& nobody can explain why? Did he leave a note explaining? Who knows, wealthy families with political connections usually get their way.

My information was the Bisset family was bent out of shape when Bisset was named on the internet as a suspect. Spota quickly went online to say it wasn't true. Puzzles me why he did that at that time??? Family is said to call Spota very much pissed off. Question is where did that rumor come from

My information was the Bisset family was bent out of shape when Bisset was named on the internet as a suspect. Spota quickly went online to say it wasn't true. Puzzles me why he did that at that time??? Family is said to call Spota very much pissed off. Question is where did that rumor come from

Maybe his family knows why he committed suicide, but its just hard for me to understand why a very successful business man with several very successful businesses, powerful friends & has influence in New York & is a multi millionaire, boggles my mind.

Maybe somebody on the inside must have leaked something that they saw & it started the internet rumors......something is definitely fishy, one thing is for sure, the police have been very quiet on Bissett.

Not saying Bissett had anything to do with any of the killings.....will be interesting to see where the investigation lands.

I always suspected the cops leaked the Bisset suspect information because they were frustrated by being held back from pursuing their best lead

Yeah, I could see the detectives leaking stuff back then......whats crazy to me is, if you look at the Golden State Killer case, there were quite a few people that had seen his face & many sketches were done over the years of what he looked like....then we also had quite a lot of his DNA, & so many close calls of him almost getting caught, even a detective seeing him face to face & still the police couldnt catch him until almost 40 years later with advanced technology that none of us even knew existed until they caught him, & before that DeAngelos name was nowhere to be seen by the feds or detectives.

With LISK, we dont know what the police/feds actually have on him......from everything ive read, nobody has seen LISK's face, not one sketch, & we are living in a technological world with cameras everywhere compared to when DeAngelo wreaked havoc in the 1970's & 1980's California.

It just seems the public is the dark about a lot in this LISK case.

I think the thing that is often glanced over is the fact that it is known the 2 things which link this case to the others;

a ring/operation which included both drugs AND sex. These types of draws can bring in huge clients, so many of the men in a particular circle could have been her clients and if they all have dirt on one another, no one else will roll on anyone else. It’s got to do with money to begin with because that’s the only reason these women became where they were, for the cash.

He may have shot himself over involvement or set up or known evidence but that doesn’t make him LISK but doesn’t mean he didn’t know who was or ran in his circle as well.

FROM what I heard and unverified, Bisset's partner was hospitalized for trying to kill himself. The wife picks him up and takes the husband home AND goes off ti work. When she gets h9me her husband is dead.

Going back to the discussion of McNamee's body, here is a description of the scene (located at Expressway Drive South, east of William Floyd Parkway) as it was presented at trial by the forensic examiner who was called to the scene: [Forensic scientist recalls murder scene]

"The first thing a forensic scientist noticed 23 years ago in some brush just south of the Long Island Expressway in Shirley was a woman’s blue winter jacket.

Next, on the evening of Jan. 30, 1994, came a sock, Philip Antoci testified Tuesday in Riverhead at the trial of John Bittrolff, 50, a Manorville carpenter. Then another sock and a sneaker. Then one pair of blue pants hanging in a bush and another pair nearby. And then, finally, Antoci — formerly of the Suffolk County Crime Laboratory — saw the naked body of Colleen McNamee, 20, the Holbrook woman whose killing had brought him there.

Red marks covered one of her legs and extraordinary violence had been done to her head. Her body was posed, legs apart and her right arm above her head. Clutched in her left hand, near her face, was her sweatshirt. During questioning by Assistant District Attorney Jen Milito, Antoci said McNamee’s body went to the medical examiner’s office with the shirt still in her hand."

------------

Now, before you read any further try to imagine the scene: it's late January, its cold, there is snow on the ground, and no leaves on the trees. The thin row of trees around the service road offers little protection from view in the summer, and in the winter you can typically peer into the residential and commercial areas that hide behind them. Similarly, it is just as easy to see the service road and the Long Island Expressway while standing inside of the wooded areas.

It's late January, and you are in a section of the island only accessible by a car, and that is a one way road leading to the eastbound section of the LIE (if all the reports of where the body was found are correct) You had to leave your car parked on the shoulder of Expressway Drive S yourself to approach the body, and you know the killer would have most likely had to do the same.

As you are approaching the body you begin to spot one piece of clothing after another....until eventually coming upon the victim's naked body showing massive damage done to her face, as well as other signs of abuse like cigarette burns.

Now how do you imagine the events preceding McNamee's death to have actually occurred from the moment the killer parked his car on Expressway Drive South, to the moment he eventually returned and drove away?

Imagine the killer and McNamee having decided to stop right then and there on the service road for some unknown reason, after the sex had already occurred. It could have been related to an already ongoing argument in the vehicle that had escalated past a certain point. For example, McNamee refusing to go any further east and asking to be driven back to where she was picked up, not wanting to get stranded in Mannorville in the middle of the night, and then having to walk to God knows where to the nearest payphone. (If you believe the prosecution's case has merit, then these two people would have been in their early 20s at the time). There is yelling, namecalling, etc. until she eventually gets out herself or gets pulled out of the car. The argument escalates further, something eventually triggers his rage and he snaps. He attacks her, she realizes the seriousness of the danger, starts running away and somehow, somewhere along the way he starts ripping off her clothing , then pulls her down to the ground, grabs a nearby rock and begins striking her in the head with it until her skull is so fractured that it resembles a cracked egg, and there are fragments of it embedded in her brain.

Even though it is the middle of the night, when he stands up he realizes he is covered in McNamee's blood. He runs back to his car and speeds away, leaving McNamee's body exposed along with her clothing at the scene of his crime. He doesn't kill again and he doesn't get discovered for almost 20 years.

It sounds almost plausible, doesn't it? After all how else could such a heinous crime result in the victim's body being discovered at this particular location that experiences both a high volume of traffic and offers little protection from being seen by numerous cars driving by, especially in the middle of winter, with snow on the ground and no leaves on the trees. .

However, regardless of how plausible my hypothetical scenario may seem, not a shred of it could have actually occurred.....because at the moment the killer had actually parked his car on Expressway Drive South, east of William Floyd Parkway, McNamee was apparently already dead.

--------------------

"Tangredi’s body was covered with leaves and vegetation, while McNamee’s was not. The Tangredi crime scene was marked by blood on leaves and trees, but no blood stains were visible on the snow near and beneath McNameee’s body."

---------------------

Now, imagine another scenario, a killer driving with a body - either in his trunk, or the bed of his truck - naked, and after having experienced so much trauma to her head that her face is literally no longer there. This does not seem to bother you at all, neither does the fact that you are likely still covered in her blood. You may have been already driving east on the LIE, or may have entered the service road from the northbound lane of William Floyd, in any case it doesn't really matter once you get onto that section of the service. Once you get back onto the LIE, the chances of this body ever getting discovered drop with every extra mile you cover going east, as you approach the no man's land area of the pine barrens.

Instead, the killer decides to stop right then and there, on that little stretch of the service road. He meticulously removes McNamee's body, carries it to the spot where it is ultimately found, positions it in a certain way, and then calmly walks back to his parked vehicle, retrieves her clothing , which he proceeds to place around the area in a certain pattern. One of McNamee's shoes is not recovered at the scene. This killer also does not get discovered at the scene....
-----------------------

Here is an illustration of 3 possible directions from which one might enter the Expressway Drive South, in order to place McNamee's body on this particular service road at a spot east of William Floyd. The The Green line near the 7th precinct corresponds to an intersection that allows entering and exiting the police parking lot from both northbound and southbound directions.

View attachment 282286
That precinct didn't exist back then. I just checked an aerial photo from 1994.

Attachments

• 1994.jpg
    1994.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 7
Goes to show no possible theory doesn't have at least some champions. A few weeks ago, in a different thread and about the "Manorville male", I said:
- If Bittrolff is connected to Taylor and Mack's death, and even to the male deaths, it would be substantive but wouldn't address GB4 (or, obviously, Shannan - if there's one connection that's almost impossible to make, it's between Shannan and Bittrolff).

I didn't realize there was a thread (this one) asserting the connection and that someone had said:
If u want to know how Shannan was connected to Bissett, ask Bisett's wife Carline Bissett.

Mind-boggling.

Goes to show no possible theory doesn't have at least some champions. A few weeks ago, in a different thread and about the "Manorville male", I said:

I didn't realize there was a thread (this one) asserting the connection and that someone had said:

Mind-boggling.
I believe it’s Carole, not Carline. And I’m sure that SCPD must be revisiting Bissett as a POI at the very least.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back