James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Tricia, Jul 18, 2012.

1. gramcracker

gramcracker Indentured Cat Servant

Patrol Sergeant Reichenbach thought the same thing when he saw the door and how it functioned during his walk-through of all four stories of the house

it's a given that he wasn't familiar with the floor plan and couldn't know that the WC didn't have windows/an exterior door. but the next thing he did was walk the outside perimeter of the house and he didn't see foot tracks or other disturbance in the frost/snow near the house. so if the WC did have windows/an exterior door and someone entered/exited that way, Reichenbach would have realized his mistake when he saw tracks/disturbance in the frost/snow corresponding to the location of the WC

another thing: FW was overheard calling out JB's name as he walked through the house. his daughter/JB's best friend was thought to be missing (in his home) about a year earlier and was finally located hiding somewhere (awake or asleep, I don't know). when asked about it, he said he was calling JB's name because maybe she was hiding somewhere, but that seems so odd in light of the RN

2. gramcracker

how 'bout another whopper anyway?

PMPT
    Inside The Ramsey Murder Investigation
    Foreign Faction

3. madeleine

madeleine Well-Known Member

exactly.
    don't get me wrong but sometimes I visit acandyrose and when I read those interviews I always enjoy the part about them running up and down and up and down,it's hilarious!that's the part I really don't buy,what they claim to have done in this particular time frame...

4. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

BBM that is because there was not snow all over the ground. The snow was in places here and there and not a full ground cover. So There would not be foot prints in the snow.. If it was that cold the ground was frozen most likely and would not make footprints either. So an unknown perp could have easily walked away and not made any tracks whatsoever.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/bou/?n=xmassnow2010

As per this NOAA site there was only a trace of snow that fell. Nothing more.
    The temperature was really low and so the ground was most likely frozen..

http://www.almanac.com/weather/history/CO/Boulder/1996-12-26

5. tezi

tezi Member of Websleuths since 2000.

I am going to answer this, only because it's Monday and I like to be punished on Mondays...

The TDNA exonerates the Ramseys, don't you remember? All other evidence goes down the crapper because of the TDNA.

6. 2 percent

2 percent New Member

BBM.
    He probably wasn't thinking straight or was hoping the ransom note was a prank.

7. Venom

Venom Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems odd. But I think it was just mindset that she was missing. One would naturally call out for someone missing.

8. redheadedgal

redheadedgal Well-Known Member

and then there's this: (post 273 in this thread)

:notgood:

9. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Damn!

10. Linda7NJ

Iirc there was also fiber evidence of the rope found in JonBenet's bed. (. Vacuumings of her bed)

also something about a brown paper bag found in the guest bedroom containing some other rope? Fibers from that brown paper bag were also found on her bed. The Ramsey's deny the bag & rope belonged to them.

So the "intruder" musta carried that bag into her room at some point that night before the trip to the basement and the. At so e point later.....hid it in the guest bedroom

or maybe left the bag containing the rope they brought with them ...in the guest bedroom and only carried the used rope into her bedroom, leaving the bag always in the guest bedroom.

So the "intruder" brought with him a pineapple, a brown paper bag containing rope...but no pre-written ransom note.

Things that make me go hmmmmmm.

11. BOESP

BOESP Well-Known Member

I thought the rope found in the guest bedroom in the brown bag was explained by Patsy as being rope used to decorate John Andrew Ramsey's Christmas tree in his bedroom. She said she had used a cowboy theme: boots, hats, rope (as little lassos or lariats) one year when putting a different tree in every room for the Christmas house tour.

Also wasn't it this rope that was sourced for the rope fibers found in JonBenet's bed?

12. Blue Bottle 01

Blue Bottle 01 Former Member

Fibers from the cord used to make the suspension ligatures were found in the bed.

13. Linda7NJ

I found this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379998449.266811.jpg

For some reason I can't copy and paste and bring stuff here from here....

14. gramcracker

although I can see how I left an opening by not wording it better my point was more that during his perimeter walk he would have noticed if exterior entry was possible from the WC, and would have gone back and opened that WC door using any means necessary

there is a bowl of fruit in front of us here. it seems like there is a pattern where you talk about only the cherries and apples while others talk about those in addition to the bananas, grapes, peaches, pears, strawberries and ... pineapple

15. Linda7NJ

16. BOESP

BOESP Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed is Smit's comments (totally unrelated to the rope) about the possible fingerprints and smudged dust around the basement window. Iirc, Smit didn't join the investigative team until spring (March?) 1997. In my mind, it is questionable about the meaning of dust and fingerprints on that window that late in the investigation.

Also, the comments about melted ends on the rope found seemed to be boat or hiking rope. Didn't otg mention a good while ago that he noticed melted ends on the rope found on JonBenet?

It also seems clear that Patsy or any other family member had access to and used ropes although Patsy tried to, imo, to distance herself from knowing anything about any ropes. She did say John used ropes in boating and JAR used ropes in hiking.

ETA: Here's a link to the aforementioned otg post (it was Rashomon, not otg who made the comment about melted ends)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5751117&highlight=melted#post5751117

17. Linda7NJ

The woman distanced herself from even a box of tissues, her own serving bowl, pineapple, rope, flashlight....her own sweater...

Huston, we have a problem!

18. tezi

tezi Member of Websleuths since 2000.

RBBM: My favorite quote about the the serving bowl and spoon by Patsy: "It wasn't my setup!"

Yes, Houston we have a big problem...LOL

19. Mollyandme

Mollyandme Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!!!! thank you for posting what has been on my mind.

20. redheadedgal

redheadedgal Well-Known Member

out of the blue thought of the day:

T oo
    D egraded
    N ot
    A pplicable

carry on.