Jamie Lynn Spears Pregnant

Thanks to all the young mothers checking in. My respect for you is boundless and, FWIW, I had my first child at 34 and it rocked my world in ways I couldn't have expected - and I was "mature" and established in a strong marriage and financially secure! And still - having a baby was so very very hard!!!

I was having sex from 15 on, as were many of my friends. I was raised in a small town and went to a well-heeled private school for 11 years, so I can't really call teens having sex a white trash problem. I see it more as a hormone problem! :) Now, I had NO DESIRE AT ALL to have a baby and got on the pill as soon as I became sexually active. Still - there but for the grace of God - I never had to deal with being a pregnant teen though I certainly feel like I know what I would have done if I had been one.

It is true that JLS will not have to face the poverty that I think a lot of teen mothers struggle with. She obviously wants to have this baby, so more power to her. I hope she does move back to LA and raise it out of the Hollywood scene.

I know from your posts on other threads that things haven't always been easy for you.
You ask if it matters to have family support. In my opinion it does.
The hardest job in the world is being a parent. Most of us, if we are honest, question ourselves constantly. Kids are exhausting, both physically and mentally. I know that I have had many sleepless nights myself wondering if I'm doing it right. We need our families, or a close knit group of friends to bounce things off of. Sometimes we just need a break to regroup.
I'm sorry that your family wasn't or isn't supportive. That just sucks! lol.
That last thing we as parents need is someone making us feel bad about ourselves. I know that I can do that to myself all alone. I don't need help.LOL. Like I said before, it really is a hard to always have to have all the right answers.

You know what, you are absolutely right...not blaming my family here but I always thought to myself that if MY family had supported and backed me up after my divorce that I could/would have been a better parent...instead all they ever did was criticize and put me down, no matter WHAT I did...I wasn't a horrible parent, I never abused/mistreated/starved/abandoned my kids....I worked 40 hrs a week and went to college...I bought my kids above and beyond what they should get on XMAS and birthdays...took them to the park to let them play EVERY SINGLE DAY (while I walked and exercised), but yes my downfall was that I liked to drink/party on the weekends...ONLY when I knew my kids were safe and taken care of, yes I was only 20 when their dad and I split...so I liked to have fun, so what???? It was NEVER a problem until daddy decided he didn't like it...it was all about HIM not me, not the kids...
anyway no matter what I did, good or bad, (B/c I admit, I was NOT perfect) I never had ANYONE supporting or backing me up....maybe it would have been a lot different if I did.

I am not in the least bit shocked at a 16 year old having sex.
I think the national average is somewhere @ 47% having sex.

Im not shocked at her having sex at age 16 either. I know 13-14 year olds who have had sex more times than me! :eek:

Im just shocked that she would get pregnant AFTER watching her sister destroy herself & her life.

Im not shocked at her having sex at age 16 either. I know 13-14 year olds who have had sex more times than me! :eek:

Im just shocked that she would get pregnant AFTER watching her sister destroy herself & her life.

Agreed!

I just started a poll in the Jury Room about when posters started having sex.

ETA: Poll is in the Parking Lot not the Jury Room.

Someone PLEASE pull Lynne Spears aside and explain to her HOW THE HELL to raise a daughter. Then beat her with a stick immediately. I mean, Britney is clearly troubled. Not this. WTF? I know my girls won't be watching Zoey 101 ever again. OMG!!!!!!!!!

i just heard this:eek:
thought the very same thing, lol..

Lynne Spears's book about raising her famous daughters Britney and Jamie Lynn has been put on hold, the publisher confirms to PEOPLE.

yeah, a book about raising them...wonder what all it says...what could she possibly say about raising her daughters...no wonder the book is being put on hold....yikes!

A 16 year old saying being pregnant is a surprise could mean anything. I have students who got pregnant their first time -- boy, were they surprised. They were told by reliable sources (their friends/boyfriends) that you couldn't get pregnant the first time! Or if the girl was on top. Or any other silly things teens tell each other.

When you're 16 and think you're infallible, lots of things come as a surprise.

ain't that the truth.....

Lynne Spears's book about raising her famous daughters Britney and Jamie Lynn has been put on hold, the publisher confirms to PEOPLE.

yeah, a book about raising them...wonder what all it says...what could she possibly say about raising her daughters...no wonder the book is being put on hold....yikes!

I wouldn't expect sales to be that good, would you? lol

Another article: Jamie Lynn's parents adore father to be Aldridge:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20167191,00.html

I wouldn't expect sales to be that good, would you? lol

Another article: Jamie Lynn's parents adore father to be Aldridge:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20167191,00.html

lol, no i wouldn't....i have to agree with Peter..."white trash"..
my oldest son has called Britney that for years, & i was like oooh, i don't know....but he's been right all along...i have no other word to describe her, except for white trash....

lol, no i wouldn't....i have to agree with Peter..."white trash"..
my oldest son has called Britney that for years, & i was like oooh, i don't know....but he's been right all along...i have no other word to describe her, except for white trash....

I can see calling Britney that I really can. I prefer calling her a baby that was pimped out by a record label and the media to only then find out they hate you when you don't meet their expectations.

I am not in the least bit shocked at a 16 year old having sex.I think the national average is somewhere @ 47% having sex.

i'm not shocked over that either.....there's just too many ways NOT to get pregnant, be it a condom, foam, pills, yada yada yada.......be *advertiser censored**'in responsible, is all i'm saying....

I know from your posts on other threads that things haven't always been easy for you.
You ask if it matters to have family support. In my opinion it does.
The hardest job in the world is being a parent. Most of us, if we are honest, question ourselves constantly. Kids are exhausting, both physically and mentally. I know that I have had many sleepless nights myself wondering if I'm doing it right. We need our families, or a close knit group of friends to bounce things off of. Sometimes we just need a break to regroup.
I'm sorry that your family wasn't or isn't supportive. That just sucks! lol.
That last thing we as parents need is someone making us feel bad about ourselves. I know that I can do that to myself all alone. I don't need help.LOL. Like I said before, it really is a hard to always have to have all the right answers.

you're right...support/family/friends was important for me...gave birth to my first child two months after i turned 17....i was completely stunned/shocked/blown away, when i found out i was pregnant with him...plum stupid, i was.....

i'm not shocked over that either.....there's just too many ways NOT to get pregnant, be it a condom, foam, pills, yada yada yada.......be *advertiser censored**'in responsible, is all i'm saying....

I so agree!! But 16 does not know responsible. 16 might know the concept and want to live the concept but the reasoning part of the brain is still maturing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back