Australia Australia- Jane, 9, Arnna, 7, & Grant Jr., 4, Beaumont, 26 January 1966

inthe sighting of them near the bakers do not mention them o carrying food so i have to asume those sightings were of them before they entered the shop but there are nosighting after they left and there not far from the bus stop and its nearly time to go home so what ever happend couldent of happend that far from the shop or that long after they left the shop

inthe sighting of them near the bakers do not mention them o carrying food so i have to asume those sightings were of them before they entered the shop but there are nosighting after they left and there not far from the bus stop and its nearly time to go home so what ever happend couldent of happend that far from the shop or that long after they left the shop

I suspect - although it's just my suspicion - they got in a car very quickly after leaving the bakery. The man somehow came up with a pound note (maybe he magically found one when changing his clothes) and in celebration offered to buy food for the kids, their mum and himself and as it was quite a bit of food to carry on the bus, he'd run them home. Unfortunately, no one noticed them getting in his car.

We've heard how sensible and grown-up Jane was, and I have no reason to believe she wasn't. But after the initial panic of losing her money - in her mind, not a responsible thing to do - her relief in getting a ride home, and the bonus of lunch for mother who might not be pleased with her for missing the bus, may have caused her to lower her guard. Mature for her age or not, she was still only nine.

stranger danger wasnt really a thing in those days so i can see them acepting a lift from a stranger but they would certanly of acepted a lift from someone they knew even if they dident really know them all that well

And, as I wrote, it was January 1966 in pre-Don Dunstan era Adelaide and not post-Helen Reddy era NSW or VIC. As I point out, Jane (and Arnna) would have had a very different outlook and thinking than the little ladies that came later. No "only allowing school dresses for girls is sexist!" or starting a campaign against the portraits of Elizabeth II in every class room and the singing of God Save the Queen at assembly each day.

before he became a salesman jim was a driver for suburban taxis i cant help thinking that maybe the culprit was one of his ormer work collegues i mean nobody would think anything of some kids getting into a taxi an im sure they would o trusted somone who worked for the same company that there dad had

does anybody know where i could find a timeline for the events in this case it would by most helpfull

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back