Jane Fonda's Big Mouth Gets Her in Trouble Again

But what does it do? It's like nothing I've ever seen before!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468//Animated/chat.gif
Central vac tubing is installed inside the walls of a house. there are hose outlets in most every room. The vacuum motor and *dirt collector* are usually in the garage. So everytime you plug the hose into a socket it automagically starts the vacuum. IOW, you take the long hose and attachments from room to room, plug them in the outlets and vacuum. It's very handy because you don't have to lug the vacuum itself around. But you do have to lug that big hose around, but what else is new?

eta: here is a random website for central vacs:
https://www.centralvacuumstores.com...acuum+system&gclid=CK2V8siux5ECFRsFagodDVhd3g

What is this "vacuum" thing of which you speak?
hahahaha It's nothing you should worry your pretty little head about.

The Vagina Monologues are recommended viewing for any woman. The vagina is a part of the anatomy, and the play is a very warm, funny and honest look at why women are uncomfortable about even mentioning their own bodies. This play was written for any woman who has ever referred to her own vagina as the
v-word, or any other -word.:)

1.jpg

9.jpg

My BFF got me this book for Valentines Day!!:)

heehee just don't do it on national TV Dingo. Sometimes it is the ONLY word that will do...if ya know what I mean.

I certainly do!!
ita --- I hate the word, but when needed it is the only one that works ! could count on 1 hand the number of times it has come out of my mouth---but when it did--- it worked :crazy:

The Vagina Monologues are recommended viewing for any woman. The vagina is a part of the anatomy, and the play is a very warm, funny and honest look at why women are uncomfortable about even mentioning their own bodies. This play was written for any woman who has ever referred to her own vagina as the
v-word, or any other -word.:)

I would like to see it.

er, the play I mean :)

I would like to see it.

er, the play I mean :)

:) haha that's funny...some of the threads on this board are really clever, and really get people smiling.

You should see the play. When I saw it, everybody was kind of nervous waiting on line, but once the play started, it was like everybody in the room were just friends laughing together. I think the play is really for anyone who feels even slightly awkward about the title. The play is not offensive at all.:)

My mom is going to be 83 in April. Every now and again she says f*ck. She only says it to be cute and for a little humor. She really would have never said it when she was younger, but I think she feels a certain amount of entitlement and liberation being over 80. She figures, wtf, I can say that if I want to. She is beyond worrying about things like that. It's really an interesting thing.
It's always hilarious when she says it..her timing is very good. I say it in front of her allthe time and she doesn't bat an eye. I think that's why she just chimes in from time to time. It's so cute!

She has always been a nasty, vile lady..some things never change. :rolleyes:

I don't see how saying the name of the monologue she was asked to perform makes her vile. That monologue is one of the most empowering in the whole play. It's not offensive...it's actually very liberating.

:) haha that's funny...some of the threads on this board are really clever, and really get people smiling.

You should see the play. When I saw it, everybody was kind of nervous waiting on line, but once the play started, it was like everybody in the room were just friends laughing together. I think the play is really for anyone who feels even slightly awkward about the title. The play is not offensive at all.:)

It came to my town, and I wanted to see it but had other things going on at the time. I definitely still want to see it!! It's supposed to be great.

Jane Fonda is a very good actress, was a feminist and against the Vietnam War. It's too bad some want to hold that against her after so many years. I don't consider her obnoxious like some others like Rosie O'Donnell or Roseann Barr, etc. She's very intelligent; some intelligent people push the envelope or become passionate for causes. Most people agree now the war was a terrible waste.

In her book she wrote I heard she regrets going to Hanoi, or whatever. It's too bad we grow up in a Judeo-Christian society but we don't always practice "forgiveness", a basic tenet.

Jane made a "slip"; watching the video I don't think she did on purpose to shock anyone. She was not saying the C word in a demeaning way; just talking about one of the acts in the play.

I recently took a French refresher course at college. My Professor went to a gathering that included Jane Fonda. She hadn't any opinion one way or another of Jane prior to this, but was so impressed with her afterwards. Said she was a magnificent lady who spoke perfect and fluent French, and was witty and elegant. My Prof is French and a lovely, svelte, smart dresser and I will take her word for it. We heard about Jane for half the class.
While this term is not in my personal vocabulary, I am not shocked when I hear it.

I personally find the word offensive. Comparable to the 'n' word. Vulgar, disgusting and degrading.
I have seen the Vagina Monolgues as performed by my daughter and two other girls in the 12th grade. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
I believe that Jane Fonda has done enough interviews to know what is acceptable and what is not. She pushed the envelope imo and totally unnecessary.

I think NBC and maybe all networks should have a delay such as ABC now has with the View. It's not just the little kids at home watching that concerns me it's the thousands of seniors that are shut in every day watching these shows. The ones I have talked to found it offensive and embarrassing.

It came to my town, and I wanted to see it but had other things going on at the time. I definitely still want to see it!! It's supposed to be great.

Jane Fonda is a very good actress, was a feminist and against the Vietnam War. It's too bad some want to hold that against her after so many years. I don't consider her obnoxious like some others like Rosie O'Donnell or Roseann Barr, etc. She's very intelligent; some intelligent people push the envelope or become passionate for causes. Most people agree now the war was a terrible waste.

In her book she wrote I heard she regrets going to Hanoi, or whatever. It's too bad we grow up in a Judeo-Christian society but we don't always practice "forgiveness", a basic tenet.

Jane made a "slip"; watching the video I don't think she did on purpose to shock anyone. She was not saying the C word in a demeaning way; just talking about one of the acts in the play.

In the excerpt published in Vanity Fair, she said she regretted allowing her picture to be taken when she was sitting at a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun, one that had presumably been used to shoot at American planes. She said it wasn't planned (at least not by her) and happened by accident, but that she had enough p.r. experience to have known better. IIRC, she never said she shouldn't have gone to Hanoi.

She was 100% right about that war, but as with the Dixie Chicks, we can't seem to forgive a woman for speaking out, especially if she is right.

As for this latest flap, Americans can be such children. She didn't use the word in a profane way, she correctly identified the name of the monologue. If children were watching, what an excellent opportunity to discuss the word and why it isn't used in polite conversation!

In the excerpt published in Vanity Fair, she said she regretted allowing her picture to be taken when she was sitting at a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun, one that had presumably been used to shoot at American planes. She said it wasn't planned and happened by accident, but that she had enough p.r. experience to have known better. IIRC, she never said she shouldn't have gone to Hanoi.

She was 100% right about that war, but as with the Dixie Chicks, we can't seem to forgive a woman for speaking out, especially if she is right.

As for this latest flap, Americans can be such children. She didn't use the word in a profane way, she correctly identified the name of the monologue. If children were watching, what an excellent opportunity to discuss the word and why it isn't used in polite conversation!

Hi Nova, I agree...
I can't agree about the war, b/c I was born in '79 and don't know much about it...
but otherwise I agree as to how she DIDN'T use it in a profane way...and I SO much agree w/ u about the Dixie Chics...
imagine, NOVA, me n u agreeing...but hey it's a new yr right?????

Hi Nova, I agree...
I can't agree about the war, b/c I was born in '79 and don't know much about it...
but otherwise I agree as to how she DIDN'T use it in a profane way...and I SO much agree w/ u about the Dixie Chics...
imagine, NOVA, me n u agreeing...but hey it's a new yr right?????

I'll shall mark the day on my calendar and celebrate it each year.

Nice to "see" you, Rain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59
Back