Japan - Kelli Cribbs Abad, 27, American wife of airman in USAF, Okinawa, 26 Oct 2011

Welcome, under bad circumstances.

Maybe you could post Kelli's stats and a brief summary of the case for some of us to view on here? Also her general disposition or anything that might be helpful to understanding Kelli.

WebSleuths has made Kelli a SPOTLIGHT case.

And the lovely Kimster is putting Kelli's information on the front page of WebSleuths in just a short while!

Welcome lissa99a.

WebSleuths has made Kelli a SPOTLIGHT case, in both the Information/Support forums and the Discussion forum.

And the lovely Kimster is putting Kelli's information on the front page of WebSleuths in just a short while!

as a 30 year Air Force spouse my hinky meter is way off! Im sure she had the SGLI which is generally 500k! Suicide in the Air Force by a female is very rare!

Air Force is tight, a higher standard of Quality of Life on all Air Force installation's especially in Japan!

I am not sure how much help I can be since most of the information is posted in the articles...
I knew Kelli from Okinawa. She was looking for Christian friends. We hit it off and since we were both from GA and both had little girls... we instantly started hanging out for playdates and she would come out to my church when she could make it.
Her husband is air force, mine was a marine. We both lived off base at the time, not far from each other actually.
My family transferred before hers did, back to GA. She visited family in GA and we talked about meeting while she was here... but it was a long drive and our schedules never worked out. How I WISH I had made that extra time to see her one last time!
I celebrated with her in Okinawa at the baby shower for her son. We kept in touch over the months, and then years since I was gone, through facebook. She confided in me and asked me for prayers. We were each other's prayer warriors.
For a while I had deactivated my facebook, but activated it one day last year specifically to get back in touch with Kelli, as I NEEDED her desperately to pray for me and my family, as I had been doing for hers. To my shock and horror, I find she had been missing for about a month! I felt so ashamed that I had gone that long without talking to her... I felt guilty!

Kelli went missing on Oct 26 2011. Her birthday is coming up SEPT 14! She will be 28 years old. Her children, a girl aged 4 and a boy aged 2, miss her terribly and need her... or some closure.
They SAY she was last seen leaving the base around 9pm that night, but I don't know how accurate that is. Her husband says he came home that night, the kids were in bed, she was gone. He didn't report her missing until the following morning.
Her car was found 3 days later about 10 miles north of the base, along a cliff by a lighthouse... her purse and cellphone still inside. Her passport was at her home.
I know for a fact that she had some ads out on Okinawa yard sales that same week searching for a hat and miniskirt for a "cowgirl" Halloween costume. Could she have gone to meet someone? I don't know, but she wouldn't have left those babies in bed by themselves!! Even if depressed. She loved her family TOO MUCH!

Kelli's mother, Janice, holds out each day for new information. For the chance to see her grandbabies and hold them in her arms. The skype visits aren't enough. Kelli's husband got orders, and is now stationed somewhere on the east coast, but she's not yet got to see them. Not since February.

Janice needs closure, so do Kelli's kids.
ALL FOR KELLI!!!

I am not sure how much help I can be since most of the information is posted in the articles...
I knew Kelli from Okinawa. She was looking for Christian friends. We hit it off and since we were both from GA and both had little girls... we instantly started hanging out for playdates and she would come out to my church when she could make it.
Her husband is air force, mine was a marine. We both lived off base at the time, not far from each other actually.
My family transferred before hers did, back to GA. She visited family in GA and we talked about meeting while she was here... but it was a long drive and our schedules never worked out. How I WISH I had made that extra time to see her one last time!
I celebrated with her in Okinawa at the baby shower for her son. We kept in touch over the months, and then years since I was gone, through facebook. She confided in me and asked me for prayers. We were each other's prayer warriors.
For a while I had deactivated my facebook, but activated it one day last year specifically to get back in touch with Kelli, as I NEEDED her desperately to pray for me and my family, as I had been doing for hers. To my shock and horror, I find she had been missing for about a month! I felt so ashamed that I had gone that long without talking to her... I felt guilty!

Kelli went missing on Oct 26 2011. Her birthday is coming up SEPT 14! She will be 28 years old. Her children, a girl aged 4 and a boy aged 2, miss her terribly and need her... or some closure.
They SAY she was last seen leaving the base around 9pm that night, but I don't know how accurate that is. Her husband says he came home that night, the kids were in bed, she was gone. He didn't report her missing until the following morning.
Her car was found 3 days later about 10 miles north of the base, along a cliff by a lighthouse... her purse and cellphone still inside. Her passport was at her home.
I know for a fact that she had some ads out on Okinawa yard sales that same week searching for a hat and miniskirt for a "cowgirl" Halloween costume. Could she have gone to meet someone? I don't know, but she wouldn't have left those babies in bed by themselves!! Even if depressed. She loved her family TOO MUCH!

Kelli's mother, Janice, holds out each day for new information. For the chance to see her grandbabies and hold them in her arms. The skype visits aren't enough. Kelli's husband got orders, and is now stationed somewhere on the east coast, but she's not yet got to see them. Not since February.

Janice needs closure, so do Kelli's kids.
ALL FOR KELLI!!!

Such a beautiful young woman
So very sad for all of her family

The not knowing what has become of her must be so difficult

The best place to start is always closest to home.

What was her relationship like with her husband? Was he ever violent or threatening? It seems strange that he came home and she was gone, but didn't report her until the next morning.

Was it normal the Kelli would run out at night to do errands? Already it is strange and out of character that she would leave the children unattended AND the husband didn't report her missing right away.

Are there any other friends that have seen or have talked to her more recently?

Did their neighbors see anything that night? Strange cars stopping by? If It was a CL sale, perhaps someone arranged to come by the house to drop off an outfit then kidnapped her?

Anytime a devoted mother leaved behind her young children alone...what a bad sign.

So if any military people are out there...

Who investigates this type of disappearance? Is this a MP responsibility or the Japanese police's responsibility?

If someone had concerns or questions about the investigation, who should they contact?

Do we even know id Kelli's disappearance is being investigated? I am going to go check out the previous links...

Okay, the article said that (at least for a time) that her husband's family and Kelli's family were in Japan searching the cliffs and area where her car was located. I wonder what the family's "gut" feeling was?

It sounds like they are acting as if she jumped off the rocks.
I wonder if they have searched/processed her car and her house with dogs, luminol, etc. I am guessing not.

Is there some way to get this investigation a boost?

Bumping for Kelli.

It seems to be the most logical (and tragic ) conclusion is she drove to the cliffs and went into the sea. I know we always feel we know someone would never suicide but recent events in my circle of loved ones prove we sometimes can be wrong in thinking someone never would. A family friend, great father, loving husband whose two tiny boys (2 and 4) were his treasures and wife was a gorgeous and dear woman, made the same claim that he was going to go kill himself, out of the blue. His body was found not far from his car down a 500ft cliff. We just buried him. Had he driven into the ocean or jumped into the ocean, his body might never have been found depending on the weather and waves. It is easy to say that no good parent leaves their young children, but most suicide is in itself a form of mental illness which circumvents our natural instinct to survive. Unless we are inside the mind of the person who dies, we cannot know what they were thinking. Signs point to her suicide even though she has not been found. I believe she did this. This is my opinion based on facts I have read in the articles and on what my family experienced these past two weeks with our friend first missing and then found deceased.

I guess what makes me pause on the "suicide" route are these points:

She left her very young children home alone that night
She had spoken with her parents earlier that day and asked them to buy her some boots, made other plans with them for the future
Husband did not report her missing in timely manner
Husband and wife had been having problems

Even if they find her remains...I suppose there is no real way to determine what happened that night. Someone could have thrown her over the cliffs and there would be no evidence.

It seems to be the most logical (and tragic ) conclusion is she drove to the cliffs and went into the sea. I know we always feel we know someone would never suicide but recent events in my circle of loved ones prove we sometimes can be wrong in thinking someone never would. A family friend, great father, loving husband whose two tiny boys (2 and 4) were his treasures and wife was a gorgeous and dear woman, made the same claim that he was going to go kill himself, out of the blue. His body was found not far from his car down a 500ft cliff. We just buried him. Had he driven into the ocean or jumped into the ocean, his body might never have been found depending on the weather and waves. It is easy to say that no good parent leaves their young children, but most suicide is in itself a form of mental illness which circumvents our natural instinct to survive. Unless we are inside the mind of the person who dies, we cannot know what they were thinking. Signs point to her suicide even though she has not been found. I believe she did this. This is my opinion based on facts I have read in the articles and on what my family experienced these past two weeks with our friend first missing and then found deceased.

I think we should all back up and go at this methodically and rationally.
IMO you're jumping to a hasty conclusion based solely on the husband's comment and what you know about some totally different person and their situation. If the husband is responsible for his missing wife, he would definitely imply she did this. What does anyone know of her relationship with her husband?
Try taking baby steps, not giant leaps.

Would someone please explain the 'bumping' phenomena to me? I do not understand it. Thank you ever so much in advance.

Let's see. This is Air Force, and I do not remember their variety of police names, but I do recall they were 'S.P.s' and not 'M.P.s' but I do not believe they are the ones that would investigate anyway. It would be at least the next level. If they lived on off base housing, was it housing on the economy or military housing off base, I believe that affects who investigates. Military property=military investigation. That's for um, crimes that a body is already located. I don't know what they do for missing persons, but I'd hope both would look for the missing person.
She's a missing United States citizen in a foreign country. That should mean something right there. She's been missing a year. Someone apparently has her well hidden if there's been no sign of her.

http://www.stripes.com/news/pacific...-missing-air-force-spouse-on-okinawa-1.159422

So if any military people are out there...

Who investigates this type of disappearance? Is this a MP responsibility or the Japanese police's responsibility?

If someone had concerns or questions about the investigation, who should they contact?

Do we even know id Kelli's disappearance is being investigated? I am going to go check out the previous links...

Would someone please explain the 'bumping' phenomena to me? I do not understand it. Thank you ever so much in advance.

We "bump" to keep this topic high on the forum list, keep up the # of posts to draw other's attention to it, etc. It is "bumped" to the top.

hope that helps

Lets also not forget...it could have been a stranger or acquaintance...
Someone could have stopped by her house that night after the husband left and forced her to leave...the husband might not have noticed things out of place since they have two kids.

The Craiglist ad could have attracted some bad person. Kelli could have let her guard down thinking, oh this person is a family man, this person is an American, etc. Maybe she said that he could drop by that night because her husband is usually home, not knowing he would take off.

It could have been a neighbor, someone who had been getting friendly with her. When neighbor sees husband leave, neighbor comes over...

It could have been the classic "argument goes out of control" type thing to.

Lots of possibilities here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dragneel69
Back