Japan - Toddler Abandoned in Baby Drop Box

i am thankful the father took THIS option which hopefully will protect the child's life, versus any alternative that would put this toddler in danger.

sometimes people feel overwhelmed and might do something drastic!!

hopefully this little boy will be placed in a home and loved.

the main story here to me is that there is a Need for a safety valvue for those not equipped to parent for whatever reason and at whatever stage in a child's life. better this way for all concerned. we are all too aware of the outcome when there is no (in the stressed parent's mind) safe alternative.

At least dad didn't kill the child...SO many children die needlessly all over the world today...And SO many people out there want to adopt children...I am SO glad this man chose to abandon and not kill!

I wonder why Japan is discouraging this and wants the parents to claim the child. Maybe they don't have a foster care system like we do here and don't want to be out the expense of having to support children til they're grown.

I wonder why Japan is discouraging this and wants the parents to claim the child. Maybe they don't have a foster care system like we do here and don't want to be out the expense of having to support children til they're grown.
from what i read they are upset over the fact the child is 3. they feel this could cause him long lasting trama.

Okay, but as we all know from reading here, he could have done a lot worse things to this kid. I'm glad the child is safe. Let's not be too mean to the guy!!!

Isn't that the point of these boxes? I know they are supposed to be for newborns, but honestly, putting them out and then berating the guy for doing this is kind of counter-productive. What message does that send to the person who is thinking about it?

As for copycats, if it spurs more parents to drop off their kids instead of beating them with hot frying pans, starving them, kicking them, feeding them chemicals to get a lawsuit from a soup manufacturer, or pretending that a carjacker took them when they are really in the bottom of a lake...I'm okay with that!
I agree angelmom. Good post:clap:

At least dad didn't kill the child...SO many children die needlessly all over the world today...And SO many people out there want to adopt children...I am SO glad this man chose to abandon and not kill!

I have never heard of this so called "dumping system" so I learned something new as always here at WS. Though I do disagree with it, I agree with the above statement. It is so much better to know you are unfit to be a parent and give your child away then to end up abusing him/her or killing the child. The choice the parent made to abandon was the right decision in this case.

Gozgals

Very well put angel mom!

I'm not saying it should be easy, or that they shouldn't look for the parents, or that he shouldn't be charged. I just think it's a little hypocritical to put the boxes out there, to wail and gnash our teeth about insufficient awareness of Safe Haven laws every time a newborn is murdered, and then unload on this guy.

Kind of like the pro-lifers who want to shun the pregnant teenager. Um, hello! She made the choice we wanted! We should be thanking her for her bravery after a mistake! Do you think making her miserable and cutting her off from her entire support network will make the next pregnant teenager want to consider an adoption?

Pick a lane!

Being seperated from the only family you have ever known can be tough but it doesn't compare to the horrors he could have experienced.

I worked at a daycare years ago and this boy of 13 would come for the after school program. He would scream constantly, pee on anything he could find, try to hurt others with anything around, masturbate in the middle of any room around anyone, only eat his food from the floor without ustensils and so forth. I later found out that he was living with his Uncle after having been found chained to the toilet in his parents home next to his sister who was found dead and decaying next to him. No one knew these two children even existed up to that point. I am sure he and his sister would have preferred being left in a box for someone who would love them.

Poor little children. I pray for them.:(

Being seperated from the only family you have ever known can be tough but it doesn't compare to the horrors he could have experienced.

I worked at a daycare years ago and this boy of 13 would come for the after school program. He would scream constantly, pee on anything he could find, try to hurt others with anything around, masturbate in the middle of any room around anyone, only eat his food from the floor without ustensils and so forth. I later found out that he was living with his Uncle after having been found chained to the toilet in his parents home next to his sister who was found dead and decaying next to him. No one knew these two children even existed up to that point. I am sure he and his sister would have preferred being left in a box for someone who would love them.

Kind of makes every problem you'd normally complain about in your own life rather insignificant, doesn't it? I'm going to go reflect now. Good Lord.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back