IL Jared Michael McColloch, 33, Louisana native traveling to IL, Car found running in Indiana with his Dogs still inside. 6 Nov 2023

Cota332

Chief MOO'er
Reaction score
Hey all,

I didn't see this one on the forums yet, and wanted to make it known.

Looks like some really suspicious circumstances imo.

For reference Vincennes sits on the shores of the Wabash River and the other side of the river is Illinois. But him being that far east of Salem / Centralia makes little sense to me. Not even a direct interstate route.

I'm a horse trainer and a lot of my colleagues leave their dogs in their trucks (running) when it's super cold or hot. I've found that even the sweetest dogs can be very protective of their owner's trucks, and you couldn't pay me enough to open a truck with 2 strange dogs inside. Thus I feel like it's very likely that Jared was the one who parked his truck in Vincennes.

We have a man missing here in the Southern Indiana area.
Truck was found. Abandoned by whereWabash and white river meet.
Strange details. I'll post more. Let me go get more info.

Attachments

• IMG_3178.jpeg
    IMG_3178.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3177.jpeg
    IMG_3177.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't like this from the article upthread "Both driver-side doors were left open" - sounds like at least 2 people were in the vehicle to me.

Pointing at the SO FB @tarabull listed above, his Mom "TMR" has posted more info about what they know about where the vehicle was found:

LOTS of info on the Finding Jared MCColloch FB site (with Mom posting info including current pictures of truck and what was in it):

I hope I'm wrong but this one looks extremely scary to me right about now. I'm leaning toward maybe a car jacking, or he stopped to help the wrong people. Ugh. Praying for Jared!

I think he's voluntarily missing due to his probation being revoked after serving time in prison or he got into trouble with past "acquaintences". How I got there. . .

I found an arrest for heroin trafficking in Greensburg, Indiana for a Jared M. McColloch who would be the right age (age 22 in year of arrest 11 years ago). Four arrested following heroin investigation

There COULD be a lot of people that age with that name. BUT, if you check Facebook with a name search, you can find Jared's FB page, which shows him living in Marion Louisiana with pictures that match the missing mans. Below that in the search field there is also an OLD FB page for Jared McColloch of Greensburg IN, last post in 2013, not long after the arrest date, living in the city in which the arrest took place, with photos that to me look exactly like the missing Jared, just younger, and sharing some of the same "friends" with that last name, so I'm thinking it's his old FB page.
Here's the new FB page:
If you look at the official Indiana court records using the name search you'll find several records for him: Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase

He has multiple cases but the he was given prison time for the felony drug trafficking cited in the MSM news article linked and then a term of probation. On the 6th of this month a petition was placed to REVOKE that violation (which likely means he would have to return to prison, not always, but it's an option for the court). Case Number is: 16C01-1303-FA-000171. You have to open it and scroll down to read the history.

Well now, how about that info? It sure could put a different spin on everything. Something to keep in mind *whistling to myself*

MOO that info did bring up memories of the Chad Holvig thread. Another Father traveling to visit son and remember how that one turned out? Yikes.

I think he's voluntarily missing due to his probation being revoked after serving time in prison or he got into trouble with past "acquaintences". How I got there. . .

I found an arrest for heroin trafficking in Greensburg, Indiana for a Jared M. McColloch who would be the right age (age 22 in year of arrest 11 years ago). Four arrested following heroin investigation

There COULD be a lot of people that age with that name. BUT, if you check Facebook with a name search, you can find Jared's FB page, which shows him living in Marion Louisiana with pictures that match the missing mans. Below that in the search field there is also an OLD FB page for Jared McColloch of Greensburg IN, last post in 2013, not long after the arrest date, living in the city in which the arrest took place, with photos that to me look exactly like the missing Jared, just younger, and sharing some of the same "friends" with that last name, so I'm thinking it's his old FB page.
Here's the new FB page:
If you look at the official Indiana court records using the name search you'll find several records for him: Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase

He has multiple cases but the he was given prison time for the felony drug trafficking cited in the MSM news article linked and then a term of probation. On the 6th of this month a petition was placed to REVOKE that violation (which likely means he would have to return to prison, not always, but it's an option for the court). Case Number is: 16C01-1303-FA-000171. You have to open it and scroll down to read the history.
Great sleuthing!!

Here's the new FB page:

still weird to leave the truck and dogs....but that info opens up a big can of worms

Interesting when you also consider that the finding jared fb page hasn't been updated in 5 days now either.

Why leave the dogs though? He sure seemed to absolutely adore them.
Leave the dogs to make it look more believable that something happened (if he staged his disappearance)? If something happened to him, it sounds like whoever caused him harm was at least kind enough to leave the truck running for the dogs, if I understand the circumstances correctly.

Leave the dogs to make it look more believable that something happened (if he staged his disappearance)? If something happened to him, it sounds like whoever caused him harm was at least kind enough to leave the truck running for the dogs, if I understand the circumstances correctly.
<BBM to focus>
At first I thought that also, but then I wondered why leave the truck running for the dogs with two doors left open? Wouldn't that defeat any A/C? So I went back to someone (+ 1 more?) bailing out of the truck and hitting the road quickly. Still keeping in mind that I am usually way off though!

<BBM to focus>
At first I thought that also, but then I wondered why leave the truck running for the dogs with two doors left open? Wouldn't that defeat any A/C? So I went back to someone (+ 1 more?) bailing out of the truck and hitting the road quickly. Still keeping in mind that I am usually way off though!
It’s cold now here…. I’m in Illinois the neighboring state, and I would imagine he would have had the heat on? Hmmm

I'm here for the dogs. Hope they are ok too.
I also was concerned about the dogs. (I have 6.) If I remember correctly, one of the links stated that the place holding the dogs updated their vaccines and took good care of them before returning them. If I remember correctly, they didn't charge for the services, given the circumstances. So, I believe the dogs are okay, though probably missing Jared. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back