IL Jared Michael McColloch, 33, Louisana native traveling to IL, Car found running in Indiana with his Dogs still inside. 6 Nov 2023

How much of his sentence did he serve?
If you go to the linked court record (case ending in 071 from 2013 for felony drug trafficking (with delivery on a school bus) and neglect of a dependen - he was sentenced to 10 years on the drug charges (15 years with 5 years suspended) and 8 years on the neglect charges on 12-17-13 with credit for time served from March of 2013 to that time. There was a petition to allow for community corrections placement in May of 2018 but that was denied. The petitions for revoking parole showed up a while after that, with the final notice of revocation of probation Nov. 6 of this year. Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase According to the Indiana Department of Corrections his earliest release date would have been 1/28/19 (assuming he had no issues while incarcerated). An actual discharge date is not listed. Indiana Incarcerated Database Search

If you go to the linked court record (case ending in 071 from 2013 for felony drug trafficking (with delivery on a school bus) and neglect of a dependen - he was sentenced to 10 years on the drug charges (15 years with 5 years suspended) and 8 years on the neglect charges on 12-17-13 with credit for time served from March of 2013 to that time. There was a petition to allow for community corrections placement in May of 2018 but that was denied. The petitions for revoking parole showed up a while after that, with the final notice of revocation of probation Nov. 6 of this year. Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase According to the Indiana Department of Corrections his earliest release date would have been 1/28/19 (assuming he had no issues while incarcerated). An actual discharge date is not listed. Indiana Incarcerated Database Search

so if his parole is revoked, is he actually a felon on the run, not 'just' a missing person

I have a question regarding Jared’s probation status. The court filed a petition to revoke on 7/21/2020 and 3/5/2021 in addition to the petition filed on 11/6/2023. All were for probation violations, it appears. After the one filed on 11/6/2023, there’s also something that says “notice filed”, also on 11/6/2023. There isn’t a “notice filed” after the other 2. I’m wondering if this was a more severe probation violation, or if because it seems to be his 3rd one in as many years he knew he’d probably be going back to prison? I don’t know how these things work, so please correct me if I’m wrong. All of this info was found on MyCase, by the way (you can search by name, then scroll down to the case number ending in 0171). Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase

It would make sense for Jared to voluntarily disappear if he knew or highly suspected he’d be going back to prison, IMO. The other thing I’m wondering is if someone from his past caught back up with him, since he was back in Indiana. IMO the fact that he went missing the same day as the petition and notice were filed is too big of a coincidence. I hope he’s safe.

I have a question regarding Jared’s probation status. The court filed a petition to revoke on 7/21/2020 and 3/5/2021 in addition to the petition filed on 11/6/2023. All were for probation violations, it appears. After the one filed on 11/6/2023, there’s also something that says “notice filed”, also on 11/6/2023. There isn’t a “notice filed” after the other 2. I’m wondering if this was a more severe probation violation, or if because it seems to be his 3rd one in as many years he knew he’d probably be going back to prison? I don’t know how these things work, so please correct me if I’m wrong. All of this info was found on MyCase, by the way (you can search by name, then scroll down to the case number ending in 0171). Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase

It would make sense for Jared to voluntarily disappear if he knew or highly suspected he’d be going back to prison, IMO. The other thing I’m wondering is if someone from his past caught back up with him, since he was back in Indiana. IMO the fact that he went missing the same day as the petition and notice were filed is too big of a coincidence. I hope he’s safe.
Except in cases where the conditional discharge (i.e. probation) was imposed for a petty offense, (so not applicable here) normally when a petition is filed charging a violation of a condition of probation, the court can then order the issuance of a notice to the offender which will either order a summons to the offender to be present for a hearing OR order warrant for the offender's arrest (where there is danger of his fleeing the jurisdiction or causing serious harm to others or when the offender fails to answer the summons or notice). I'm guessing (my opinion only) that on the one filed on the 6th, it was something more serious and there was likely going to be a warrant for his arrest.

I think he's voluntarily missing due to his probation being revoked after serving time in prison or he got into trouble with past "acquaintences". How I got there. . .

I found an arrest for heroin trafficking in Greensburg, Indiana for a Jared M. McColloch who would be the right age (age 22 in year of arrest 11 years ago). Four arrested following heroin investigation

There COULD be a lot of people that age with that name. BUT, if you check Facebook with a name search, you can find Jared's FB page, which shows him living in Marion Louisiana with pictures that match the missing mans. Below that in the search field there is also an OLD FB page for Jared McColloch of Greensburg IN, last post in 2013, not long after the arrest date, living in the city in which the arrest took place, with photos that to me look exactly like the missing Jared, just younger, and sharing some of the same "friends" with that last name, so I'm thinking it's his old FB page.
Here's the new FB page:
If you look at the official Indiana court records using the name search you'll find several records for him: Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase

He has multiple cases but the he was given prison time for the felony drug trafficking cited in the MSM news article linked and then a term of probation. On the 6th of this month a petition was placed to REVOKE that violation (which likely means he would have to return to prison, not always, but it's an option for the court). Case Number is: 16C01-1303-FA-000171. You have to open it and scroll down to read the history.

This is the exact reason why when families ask and plead for the public's help that they are extremely transparent and honest. I have so much more respect and actually find myself working harder to help the families of the missing that are like okay so they had a drug problem and this could be related vs the families that choose to withhold this information as this could be the difference in finding their loved one or not

DEC 10

McColloch’s cousin said phone records show his phone was pinged in the Mt. Carmel area.

HENDERSON, Ky. (WEHT)- A new billboard in Fairfield, Illinois is providing hope for a mother who is hundreds of miles away. Tammie Reppond lives in Louisana and says her son, Jared McColloch has been missing since November 2023.

“I was amazed. I love it. I am so shocked,” Reppond says.

Travis Rhodes and Dusty’s Outdoor Media put up a billboard showing a picture of McColloch earlier this month, free of charge. Dozens of drivers have seen it, which Reppond says gives her hope.

Continues at link

i learned the following from the vanished pod:

weirdly enough, there are at least 3 discrepancies about where jared's truck was found.
knox county police says this spot.
st. francisville police says no, this spot.
tow truck driver says one other spot.

Mother of child (will refer to her as MC past this) whom Jared was supposed to be in Salem area to visit says he was behaving weird on the phone - wasn't making sense (???)- MC gave him her address to put into his GPS and he hung up & never showed up....? They allegedly planned to meet together at her place then drive to see their son at the center he was at.

MC is saying lately that "Jared just wanted to get away for awhile" and he wanted her to ask her dad if he had any work for him maybe (??).

Jared had a pending DV case with an ex girlfriend (she allegedly threatened suicide, he took the knife away which meant physically restraining her - he had a brother commit suicide, he took it very seriously) and he was doing everything he could to get the case moving/get it dismissed, he wasn't scared of the case/running from the case.

Jared was not a violent man according to all family and friends. The DV case was kind of a weird one off situation, not some pattern of bad behavior for Jared. Jared's family is furious the police gave the media the idea that Jared was "running" from court and the law.

Apparently, the home Jared's son was at before the detention center was a "children's home" in the Mt. Vernon area, he got beaten up there a lot and Jared was very upset about this and took action immediately. So maybe something happened at the NEW detention center? I feel like an emergency must've happened or he must've BELIEVED an emergency was happening to have driven those 8 hours.

His family thinks it is foul play, and truck was planted. Both of his dogs were big lovers, not mean/scary/ready to bite, and loved going for rides in the truck. As long as Jared wasn't harmed by someone in front of the dogs, it was probably fair game regarding riding in the truck with them....

On the evening of November 4, 2023, 33-year-old Jared McColloch left his home in Marion, Louisiana, for a spur-of-the moment trip. It is believed that Jared was planning to drive to the Salem, Illinois, area to visit his teenage son. Jared packed his truck with some supplies and his two beloved dogs. That 500-plus trip should have taken Jared roughly eight and a half hours. Along the way, Jared stopped at various gas stations to fill his gas tank and grab food and drinks. Jared was spotted on camera arriving in the Salem, IL, area in the early morning hours of November 5, where he purchased some gas and an energy drink. Several hours later, he was seen at another nearby gas station. After this time, Jared seemed to veer off course from his intended destination. He was then seen a third time at yet another gas station, but he now appeared to be heading east toward Indiana, and no one knows why or where he was going.

The following day, Jared's mother received a phone call from law enforcement in the state of Indiana, informing her that her son's truck had been found abandoned in a very remote area with some of the doors left open. Jared's dogs were still sitting inside. The news was highly alarming to Jared's loved ones; he would have never left his dogs like that. Since that day, they have been poring over the bizarre clues left behind, looking for any explanation for what happened to Jared and why.

Last edited:
I check the finding jared fb page every single day, it's coming up 4 months now without a single clue except his boots located near his truck. Sadly his case was distracted by the probation nonsense.

his probation was just revoked last Monday the 26th. Hope I can link directly to his mums post about this (will report for mods to check)
Finding Jared McColloch | Today is day 115 | Facebook

His mum has lost her only two children in the last couple of years, my heart absolutely breaks for her.

I know how this one ended, anyone that's followed the fb page probably knows too. Jared didn't skip his probation, he was murdered. Jmo

MOD NOTE - as Jared's mother is an admin on that page, that page is approved. And as that post was posted by the admin, that post is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:

KNOX CO., Ind. (WFIE) - The United Cajan Navy is helping search for a man who went missing back in November in Knox County.

Jared McColloch of Louisiana has been missing for more than four months, and the search for answers as to what happened to him is picking up again.

United Cajun Navy officials say they’re going to be bringing out several boat teams equipped with sonar technology to do a more extensive search of the Wabash River.

Jared’s mother Tammy Reppond says she’s lost hope of seeing her son alive again. She says she’s hopeful that the Cajun Navy’s search will give her some closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back