Jeff Ashton -Retired? Not if he has anything to say about it! ;) ***Updated***

Wonder how many years JA has put in and if this was an expected retirement and just coincided with the unfortunates of today's verdict...Thank you JA for all your service!

Yet another broken heart. Thank you, Casey. Thanks for all you have contributed while you have been on this earth. Thanks for putting the lives of thousands of searchers on hold and in danger (snakes, alligators). Thanks for making sure that the man who found Caylee, your daughter, was not thanked but instead was made to look like some sick body snatcher. Thanks for ensuring that "the best father and the best grandfather", in your words, was made to look like an evil child molester. Thanks for betraying Caylee. Thanks for stealing from your best friend. Thanks for emptying the coffers of Florida's taxpayers.

Thank you, Jury of 12. Hope you are proud.

Just a "thanks for this post" is not sufficient.
Hear, hear.
ripped the words from my own heart. Thanks for your eloquence. It helps a bit, in this dark hour :sick:

omg ... this is SAD NEWS ...

Mr. Ashton did an OUTSTANDING JOB in this case ... he POURED HIS HEART INTO IT !

It's a shame he had to deal with such < > ... I don't want to be banned !

Mr. Ashton will be a great loss to Orange County, the community and the Justice System!

I wish him well at whatever he does !!

He truly was Caylee's Hero !!!

Well...if this is true...I'd like to thank Mr. Ashton for his emotion, his skill and his passion for trying as hard as he could to provide justice for Caylee...

When will the list of people who have had their lives F'ed up by Casey end?

I mean...Im STILL sitting here crying...

He probably feels as some of us has said today,

Where is our justice sytem? If this woman can walk, there is no justice.

And the rumors will fly that he was forced to.

I can't blame the guy for retiring. After today I wouldn't even want to practice law anymore.....I mean what's the point. Our justice system lets baby killers walk! I wish Jeff all the best! Same to Linda!

I had to force myself leave the house for a quick errand wearing big black sunglasses and a dark outfit after a couple glasses of wine just a little while ago and now I am crying all over again.

Jeff Ashton is one hell of a prosecutor but I respect his decision.

I would probably do the same thing. He can't expect every murder to be videotaped so why bother prosecuting. It appears that is what it takes to convict someone anymore.

He has probably lost complete faith in our justice system. I know I did!

I agree, GOD BLESS Jeff Ashton--great loss to our criminal justice system and sad day for America.

I can't say I blame him. It is a thankless job a lot of the time- the rewards are from ensuring justice and putting evil people away.
He just devoted three years to obtaining justice for Caylee and the Jury kicked him in the teeth for his efforts.

:rocker: Well said, ZsaZsa ... you are right on !!!

This is so SAD ...

A sad day for the Justice System ... and an EXTREMELY SAD DAY for CAYLEE !!!

:maddening:

Confirmed: Ashton is retiring at the end of the week. #CaseyAnthonyverdict #notguiltyby oscaseyanthony via twitter 2:42 PM

Does anyone here know if this planned? Or, is it a result of (losing) this case?

I think JA is one of the best prosecutors EVER, regardless of the outcome of this travesty of justice! I wish him the best in life and his future!

I just heard the announcement on HLN about JA's retirement. This is sad that he's retiring having lost this case.................a case he was so passionate about.

My son will leave in 47 days ... Parris Island to become a Marine..

It's been tough enough knowing that my son is leaving me for a dangerous job...it's worse now knowing that my son will be sent off to fight for the rights of people who kill their children and get away with it.

I can't say I blame him. It is a thankless job a lot of the time- the rewards are from ensuring justice and putting evil people away.
He just devoted three years to obtaining justice for Caylee and the Jury kicked him in the teeth for his efforts.

:rocker: Well said, ZsaZsa ... you are right on !!!

This is so SAD ...

A sad day for the Justice System ... and an EXTREMELY SAD DAY for CAYLEE !!!

:maddening:

Jeff Ashton,

You are probably far too busy and disappointed to read here right now. If you do, please let me say this:

You inspire me. I'm inquiring about returning to law school. Because of you. Because you are that amazing. There are plenty of other victims that need a professional like you to stand up for them.

Please don't retire. They need you. They need someone of your caliber.

Thank you for being there for Caylee. Sorry that b&tch walked free.

This does not sound right to me. Why of all days did he announce this today. I hope he was not forced into retirement.

Oh my! I hope he doesn't bear any guilt or responsiblity for the travesty of justice that happened today.

Nobody stood up for little Caylee more than you, Mr. Ashton, sir.

I want to scream at Casey like Baez said GA did, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!?" See how many lives you've ruined?

This is how much it effected him. HE is a stellar prosecutor - real loss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back