Jeff Ashton -Retired? Not if he has anything to say about it! ;) ***Updated***

bobkealing bob kealing
Lamar says he admonished #jeffashton "six times" to tone down his behavior in #CaseyAnthony trial. Says his reactions "did not help us"

bob kealing
bobkealing bob kealing
State attorney Lawson Lamar accuses fellow candidate,#CaseyAnthony prosecutor #jeffashton of exploiting "public service for personal gain."

Sounds like Lawson Lamar is not very pleased to have JA as his opponent.

BBM

And his point is? I thought JA 'toned down' quite a bit after that first appearance where he gave a 'mock summary' of what a jury might hear at trial. After witnessing that, I was forever a JA fan and hoped he would go after her with just as much gusto. If Lawson held him back, then IMO Lawson contributed to the awful jury verdict.

Look at it this way - Ashton says he is a prosecutor - wants to be in court prosecuting cases, and will do so if made SA.

Let's step in the way back machine a few years, when Ashton first gets involved in the capitol muder case against Anthony. How much of his time was tied up in that case, as would be in any major case. Would he, or would anyone in fact, be able devote the time required for such a case, and run the State Attorneys Office at the same time? IMO either the case, or the Office would be getting the short end of the stick.

By the way, wasn't prosecuting cases, being in the court room, etc, exactly what he was doing before he retired to make money off the aftermath of his failed effort in the Anthony trial?

But politics are politics. LL meant it as a challenge and JA returned to same.

And there is a big difference between making money off the tragic death of a child through the media then someone involved in the case writing a book...big difference and it's common sense to know the difference. JA's retired. He can do whatever he wants. He also will not be the first one to retire and then run for an office. So why would KC's case be any different then anyone else's? jmo

BBM

And his point is? I thought JA 'toned down' quite a bit after that first appearance where he gave a 'mock summary' of what a jury might hear at trial. After witnessing that, I was forever a JA fan and hoped he would go after her with just as much gusto. If Lawson held him back, then IMO Lawson contributed to the awful jury verdict.

Hey, I admit that at times he can appear to be a little rough around the edges but isn't that what makes people interesting???? And JA certainly is interesting. lol

LL's response is no surprise to me. He has held his office for a long time without opposition. Now he sees that he could actually lose. It is high time for a change.

I sure am glad I get to vote in this election. :seeya: LL

Did you see LDB at LL's press conference? What are everyone's thoughts on that? :confused:

I think she did the right thing. LL is her boss; she should be there. Obviously she could support him or maybe she doesn't but I don't think it means anything. I'd have been shocked if she wasn't there.

I'm sure the campaign will get a lot nastier. JA/LL know each other pretty well and they probably have quite a bit on the other. That's what politics is these days.

I can't vote in this particular election, but I look forward to following the no-holds-barred campaign.

Ashton has worked for Lamar for his entire tenure and has a firm idea of what is right/wrong with the office. Also, in his book, he did mention that he was not considered a "team player" politiclally and spent some years as a "overpaid desk ornament" trying cases he was over-qualified for. It took LDB to bring him on the team, and it wasn't easy.

To be fair, he did state that he thought, "State Attorney Lawson Lamar, who headed our whole office, agreed with me (concerning who to prosecute), but people below him supported the "prosecute all" philosophy"

Quotes from pp. 11-12 of IMPERFECT JUSTICE.

So it's ok for Ashton to mudsling, but not Lawson?

So Lamar going public to state he admonished Ashton six times during the CA trial and affected the case is considered not mudslinging? You are joshing me, right?

So Lamar going public to state he admonished Ashton six times during the CA trial and affected the case is considered not mudslinging? You are joshing me, right?

The fact he was admonished 6 times is embarrassing. His appearances on many media outlets the day after his LOSS was embarrassing. What has he won? That pic of him with that big grin in the courtroom was embarrassing. I love he quit his job, made as much money as he could, and now hes ready to jump back in. Casey isnt the only one who failed Caylee in this story.

jmo

The fact he was admonished 6 times is embarrassing. His appearances on many media outlets the day after his LOSS was embarrassing. What has he won? That pic of him with that big grin in the courtroom was embarrassing. I love he quit his job, made as much money as he could, and now hes ready to jump back in. Casey isnt the only one who failed Caylee in this story.

jmo

If he were admonished 6 times he wouldn't have his job. If this were true LL just admitted he could not do his job. An employer usually does not warn an employee more than 3 times and action is taken.

The only person who lost in the trial was Caylee Anthony. Prosecutors do their job. The State did what they could to put their case on. The public outcry at the verdict tells the story. The only person legally responsible for Caylee was KC. It amazes me, too, when people become a victum how much their attitude changes towards the legal system. We all want the system to work but it is never a game, ever. jmo

If he were admonished 6 times he wouldn't have his job. If this were true LL just admitted he could not do his job. An employer usually does not warn an employee more than 3 times and action is taken.

The only person who lost in the trial was Caylee Anthony. Prosecutors do their job. The State did what they could to put their case on. The public outcry at the verdict tells the story. The only person legally responsible for Caylee was KC. It amazes me, too, when people become a victum how much their attitude changes towards the legal system. We all want the system to work but it is never a game, ever. jmo

Ashton had a responsibility to take his job seriously. Him laughing in the court is not taking it seriously, it may have been entertaining, but this is court, its not supposed to be entertaining. He failed Caylee, imo, and his actions have been pretty questionable since. I could see him acting that way had he won. jmo

Ashton had a responsibility to take his job seriously. Him laughing in the court is not taking it seriously, it may have been entertaining, but this is court, its not supposed to be entertaining. He failed Caylee, imo, and his actions have been pretty questionable since. I could see him acting that way had he won. jmo

The only people that failed little Caylee were her poor excuse of a mother, her grandparents and twelve lazy citizens from Pinellas County that refused to do the duty they swore to do.

The prosecution team spent long hours for two+ years at the expense of their own families, all the while having to deal with the ongoing DT media blitz and shenanigans while they remained appropriately dignified and closed mouth.

After watching the defendant in her little lowered chair with all her theatrics (one persona when the jury was present and another when they weren't), shaking her head back and forth, fake tears and being cradled in the arms of her handler like a baby, I just can't begrudge Mr. Ashton or any of the PT an inappropriate smile or two. Stress gets the best of us and they're human, too.

also JMO

Excellent Post!!!! Had to come out of just reading to applaud this!!!!!
:clap::clap::clap:
The only people that failed little Caylee were her poor excuse of a mother, her grandparents and twelve lazy citizens from Pinellas County that refused to do the duty they swore to do.

The prosecution team spent long hours for two+ years at the expense of their own families, all the while having to deal with the ongoing DT media blitz and shenanigans while they remained appropriately dignified and closed mouth.

After watching the defendant in her little lowered chair with all her theatrics (one persona when the jury was present and another when they weren't), shaking her head back and forth, fake tears and being cradled in the arms of her handler like a baby, I just can't begrudge Mr. Ashton or any of the PT an inappropriate smile or two. Stress gets the best of us and they're human, too.

also JMO

also JMO

:gthanks::gthanks:

also JMO

Well, I can begrudge Ashton, because I feel his demeanor in court was atrocious, and I hold him responsible for not getting a conviction, we heard what the jury thought about him, we saw his smiles and acting totally unprofessional. He has no right to make a buck off Caylee, yet I bet hes made more than the Anthonys put together, and Casey is free, and that makes me sick. What the heck was he laughing about, what was so funny? There is nothing funny about a psycho mother who left her child to rot. And the next day hes off to the Today show? What for? So he leaves to make some money and now that the case is old, hes going to go back to work? jmo

Well, I can begrudge Ashton, because I feel his demeanor in court was atrocious, and I hold him responsible for not getting a conviction, we heard what the jury thought about him, we saw his smiles and acting totally unprofessional. He has no right to make a buck off Caylee, yet I bet hes made more than the Anthonys put together, and Casey is free, and that makes me sick. What the heck was he laughing about, what was so funny? There is nothing funny about a psycho mother who left her child to rot. And the next day hes off to the Today show? What for? So he leaves to make some money and now that the case is old, hes going to go back to work? jmo

Don't blame the messenger.
Blame the idiots who did not listen to him.
He has every right to make a buck. He is doing it the old fashioned way, he earned it, pursuing justice for a murdered child.

Don't blame the messenger.
Blame the idiots who did not listen to him.
He has every right to make a buck. He is doing it the old fashioned way, he earned it, pursuing justice for a murdered child.

How? I am not trying to be combative, but what is he doing right now to get justice for Caylee? How is him probably becoming a millionaire a good thing? If she was convicted, I would send him a check, thanking him, but thats not what happened here. I guess I feel he needed to earn his new found money and thank his lucky stars he was in the right place at the right time to be given this case. The fact is, the jurors were offended by him, they may be idiots and misguided, but thats what these people saw and they FREED her! I hold him responsible that shes walking free right now, and there is no justice for Caylee no matter what because what happened to her was unfair, there is no fixing that ever. He had the power to put her away, and had he maintained a level of decorum, she would be on death row, I have no doubts. jmo

Since Ashton is also from Pinellas County, and was his sworn duty to take his job seriously, you could say thirteen lazy citizens from there failed little Caylee. Blatant chuckling is not an inappropriate smile or two.

also JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels