Jerry Sandusky sentenced: 30-60 years

Discussion in 'Jerry Sandusky-Cover Up at Penn State' started by TreeClimbingGirl, Oct 9, 2012.

1. dexter75

dexter75 Active Member

They have more than ONE commonality, IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2. J. J. in Phila

J. J. in Phila Verified Insider

Lindsay basically threw everything against the wall to if any of sticks.

There are several issues:

1. Is the person that Lindsay said is "Victim 2" really the person McQueary saw?

No, and I think they demonstrated that.

2. Did Sandusky have incompetent lawyers?

No, Amendola is one of the county's top defense attorneys, and he was representing Sandusky since 2008-9 in regard to Victim 1.

3. Did the grand jury leak some information, that caused damage to Sandusky?

No. Unless a witness is ordered by a judge, any witness before the grand jury can reveal what he or she said as a witness. There is no evidence of any "leak." The presentment was released a day or so early, but that wasn't a leak.

3. J. J. in Phila

4. Bob4444

Bob4444 Active Member

Horrible all of it just horrible but massive respect to the survivors who became victors.

Snoopster and J. J. in Phila like this.
  5. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Seven years after Jerry Sandusky was convicted of child molestation and sentenced to decades behind bars, an appeals court has ordered a resentencing hearing for the former Penn State assistant football coach whose crimes have cost the university a fortune and triggered changes to state law.

Sandusky, 75, was sentenced in 2012 to 30 to 60 years, but a Pennsylvania Superior Court panel said that included the improper application of mandatory minimums. In a 119-page opinion, the appeals panel struck down argument after argument that lawyers for Sandusky had made in seeking a new trial.

Sandusky denied new trial, to be resentenced

Snoopster and J. J. in Phila like this.
  6. J. J. in Phila

7. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

J. J. in Phila likes this.
  8. J. J. in Phila

This is the last recourse in state court, and they might not even hear the case.

9. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

I'm new to this because I don't do well with sexual abuse cases. I heard an interview with Mrs. Sandusky and for her to talk so bad about a son she adopted, is horrible. That John that is helping her said, Matt because he didn't tell, when it first happened, was more to blame than Jerry. I am shocked.

10. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Sandusky to be resentenced next month in molestation case

Harrisburg, Pa. – A state judge has ordered Jerry Sandusky be taken to a central Pennsylvania courtroom next month for resentencing on his 45-count child sexual abuse conviction, six months after an appeals court ruled mandatory minimums had been improperly applied.

Judge John Foradora filed an order Wednesday that scheduled the proceeding for Sept. 23.

Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant football coach, was convicted in 2012 of the sexual abuse of 10 boys, including attacks on campus. Victims testified he subjected them to abuse that ranged from grooming to violent sexual attacks. He was sentenced to 30 to 60 years, but that term was overturned by Superior Court in February...

byo, J. J. in Phila and Trident like this.
  11. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I haven't been keeping up with this case. Can anyone tell me what this means? Was there an appeal that his sentence was too harsh? What that what was overturned? Is he likely to be treated more leniently?

12. J. J. in Phila

The original didn't use the proper sentencing guidelines. Sandusky will be re-sentenced. My original guess was about half of what he got, i.e. 15-30 years. His chance of parole, however, is virtually nonexistent. He would have to admit guilt prior to any shot at parole, and show that he wasn't a danger.

Snoopster likes this.
  13. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    I was hoping it wasn't about getting him 'off'.