Jerry Sandusky sentenced to 30-60 years in 2012 *Appeal denied 2023*

Convicted child molester Jerry Sandusky to testify at appeal hearing

Sandusky plans to testify

By STEVE VISSER

Posted: 8:34 PM, August 11, 2016
Updated: 8:56 PM, August 11, 2016

(CNN) - Former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky claims he needs a new day in court because of lousy lawyering.

The convicted child molester plans to testify at his court hearing Friday, said his lawyer Al Lindsay. It will be the first time he has taken the stand.

Sandusky, 72 says his defense lawyers bungled the 2012 trial in which he was convicted of sexually abusing 10 boys and sentenced to at least 30 years in prison.

It's unclear how his testimony will illustrate the lawyers' missteps. He has to convince the Pennsylvania court his counsel was so ineffective it undermined the fairness of his trial...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...r-jerry-sandusky-to-testify-at-appeal-hearing

Aug 12 2016, 11:41 am ET

Jerry Sandusky Takes the Witness Stand to Deny Sex Abuse

by Adam Reiss

Jerry Sandusky took the witness stand Friday in an effort to overturn his conviction on child molestation charges, and denied that he had ever engaged in sex with his victims.

The 72-year-old former Penn State assistant football coach, who is serving a 30 to 60-year prison sentence as a serial sexual predator, had never previously addressed the allegations of sexual abuse in open court. On Friday he told the courtroom in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, that he had wanted to testify during his 2012 trial but his attorney told him not to.

Under direct examination by his appeals attorney, Al Lindsay, Sandusky said he had never engaged in oral or anal sex. "Absolutely not, that's disgusting, foreign to me, never!" said Sandusky, wearing an orange prison-issue jumpsuit. He said he wasn't the "monster" he was made out to be and that he had been married for 50 years...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jerry-sandusky-takes-witness-stand-deny-sex-abuse-n629176

IMO,
I would think some abuse victims would feel violated all over again, to see/hear their abuser DENY the abuse ever happened:mad:

What a schmuck...

"...On Friday he told the courtroom in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, that he had wanted to testify during his 2012 trial but his attorney told him not to. "

In most of the trials I have followed, if the defendant does not testify, the judge ASKS THEM specifically, if he wants to testify or not. they do not want it to come back on appeal like this. I wonder if the judge ever asked him if he planned to or wanted to testify?

Blehar made several mistakes about 1998, including that DPW made its finding before the Centre Co. DA's Office.

He also admitted to not being too familiar with Gricar case, that intersects this the PSU Scandal, if only tangentially.

I would not discount the possibility of some type of pedophile ring.

I remember reading of some type of pedophile ring Jerry Sandusky maybe part of.

Jerry Sandusky 'shared boys he molested with other high-profile pedophiles linked to Penn State as part of sex ring'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...le-pedophiles-linked-Penn-State-sex-ring.html

The wife is interesting. She must have a dependent personality disorder. Her husband spent so much time with young men, molested a young boy, adopted by them.

How could she not have realized something was going on?

The wife is interesting. She must have a dependent personality disorder. Her husband spent so much time with young men, molested a young boy, adopted by them.

How could she not have realized something was going on?

She had to have known all along.

"...On Friday he told the courtroom in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, that he had wanted to testify during his 2012 trial but his attorney told him not to. "

In most of the trials I have followed, if the defendant does not testify, the judge ASKS THEM specifically, if he wants to testify or not. they do not want it to come back on appeal like this. I wonder if the judge ever asked him if he planned to or wanted to testify?

He did so well in that interview with Bob Costas, yeah, let him testify.

I remember reading of some type of pedophile ring Jerry Sandusky maybe part of.

Jerry Sandusky 'shared boys he molested with other high-profile pedophiles linked to Penn State as part of sex ring'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...le-pedophiles-linked-Penn-State-sex-ring.html

Some of them, like the guy who tries to link everything to Ed Savitz are not considered credible, but I have heard that there are other possibilities that are considered possible. I do not know the details.

I'm sure the Judge asked Sandusky if he wished to testify. Sandusky would probably have made things worse for himself, especially during cross-examination by the Prosecutor.

In another case discussed on Websleuths, Bob Bashara insisted on testifying during an appeals trial. Bashara dug an even deeper hole than he had by not testifying during his original trial. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...gled-husband-charged-6&highlight=jane+bashara

In light of Todd Kohlhepp, I could not help thinking the similarities he shares with Jerry Sandusky. They are highly narcissistic and controlling psychopaths. They are very predatory and deceptive in nature.

Both have targeted children. He raped a 14 year old at gunpoint when he was 15.

What we know about S.C. murder suspect Todd Kohlhepp and his connection to Arizona
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...kohlhepp-and-his-connection-arizona/93433994/

Kohlhepp lives a life of anger and resentment, unlike Sandusky. That is more likely seen in someone like Osama bin Laden, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Abubakar Sheaku, Anders Breivik, Omar Mateen, Adam Lanza, Elliot Rodger, and Lori Drew. Mateen, Lanza, Rodger, and Drew have more pent up anger over time for decades.

Kohlhepp first came to attention in November like with Sandusky and Drew.

Todd and Jerry have one thing in common . They were both set up. They haven't harmed a soul

Todd and Jerry have one thing in common . They were both set up. They haven't harmed a soul

That's a strange comment. You don't put forward any arguments or proof.
I hope you're not just trolling because that's not acceptable on Websleuths. (I saw your similar post over on the Sandusky thread.)

Feel free to support your statement or opinion. WS is welcoming of differing opinions, however your approach seems to lack credibility unless you have some points to make.

I appreciate that you joined websleuths today to take up for a convicted child rapist and those that enabled him but you need to have proof if you are going to claim victims and witnesses lied in a court of law.
Rumors and conspiracy theories are not allowed here, where's your proof?

Judge to say Wednesday if Sandusky gets new sex abuse trial

AP Mon Oct 16, 2017

BELLEFONTE, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania judge said Monday he will announce later this week whether to grant former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky a new trial or throw out child sexual abuse convictions against him.

Judge John Foradora posted an announcement online Monday that said he will issue an order and an opinion on Sandusky's Post Conviction Relief Act appeal at noon Wednesday.

Sandusky is arguing he did not receive adequate representation by his lawyers during the trial and that prosecutors failed to turn over information about victims' changing stories...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/spor...-Abuse-542e?cid=featuredsports_media_Sandusky

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back