Jet Blue Airline Steward Goes Bonkers!!

Hmmmm I guess I'm the only one here, that feels, this would have really scared me, if I had been on that plane, and would have left me even MORE afraid to fly.

Sorry ... but any little thing that goes wrong either in the air or on land, inside the plane, really affects me, and I'm on high alert. Seeing an employee of the plane, do this ... well, I would have been scared that he was going to do more, and I truly believe this would have left me very emotionally upset.

I don't think it's funny at all ... at least to me. With everything that's been going on, many of us, are on high alert to any violence or even a sudden show of strong emotions. For some, this could affect them permanently. MOO

I guess I am in the minority here too but I do not think he is a hero at all. Not only was he unprofessional, but he also could have caused a serious injury if that chute had landed on someone.

Well, TMZ posted the video of his dramatic exit... it kind of takes the wind out of his hero status sail, IMO: the plane was already hooked up to the gangway and all kind of utility vehicles were already at the plane. He could have easily walked out the normal way and not created this whole mess. (Does anyone know how many flights were delayed due to this man breeching TSA boundaries with this stir-up? )

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/13/steve...footage-fligh-attendant-slide-meltdown-video/

I fail to see what is so amusing about this.
When he did his little stunt, if anybody has been on the ground when the emergency chute activated, that person could have been seriously injured or worse.
Also, the plane would be out of circulation for while, meaning whoever was next to fly on it likely had their flights delayed or canceled.
I really fail to see why someone's apparent meltdown makes him a hero for some people.

Exactly. And I wonder what the cost to repack the slide is? If it's anything like airbags for cars, I bet it's very expensive.

I fail to see what is so amusing about this.
When he did his little stunt, if anybody has been on the ground when the emergency chute activated, that person could have been seriously injured or worse.
Also, the plane would be out of circulation for while, meaning whoever was next to fly on it likely had their flights delayed or canceled.
I really fail to see why someone's apparent meltdown makes him a hero for some people.

Yes, flights were most likely delayed/cancelled. Yes, some people don't see this as funny.

But I do. There are so many times where I'd've loved to do something like that; not in an airplane, but still...something big and dramatic and overboard just because I was soooooo fed up and overwhelmed and just...too...'done'.

I just find this funny and great and just perfect. I know someone could've gotten hurt (but they didn't), and I know some flights were disrupted, and I'm sure this cost the airline a whole lot of money. But whatever...

And no, I'm not a fan of his. I just think it's wonderfully funny.

Best-
Herding Cats

Exactly. And I wonder what the cost to repack the slide is? If it's anything like airbags for cars, I bet it's very expensive.

In the thousands!

According to a Queens, New York criminal complaint obtained by Forbes, that slide to freedom will likely cost him: Someone on JetBlue’s security staff tells the police that the escape slide will cost upwards of $25,000 to replace.

The cost may not end there. The slide deployed at 3,000 pounds per square inch, and Queens District Attorney Richard Brown does not seem happy. “The emergency chute deploys at 3,000 pounds per square inch within seconds and could easily injure or kill ground crews or others on the tarmac who are unaware the chute has been activated,” he says in a press release. “This would have been a far different arraignment if someone had been standing under the emergency chute when it deployed.”
—http://blogs.forbes.com/taylorbuley...ency-exit-slide-chute/?boxes=Homepagechannels

I hope I don't get slapped for this but here goes:

I really have a strong suspicion that he pulled this stunt partly from being fed up, but mostly from the attention he hoped to get...Oh and possibly a reality show...:floorlaugh:

I hope I don't get slapped for this but here goes:

I really have a strong suspicion that he pulled this stunt partly from being fed up, but mostly from the attention he hoped to get...Oh and possibly a reality show...:floorlaugh:

No slap from me, lol!..:croc:..I have a sneaking suspicion as well that when all is said and done, we will find out that this dangerous little stunt wasn't near as *spur of the moment* or unplanned as dude would like the world to believe that it is..jmho..

They interviewed Donald Trump about whether he'd have him on the apprentice and he said he probably would but nobody is talking to him right now. Trump didn't think he'd last long if he was on the show.

Link

500x_fakeslater2.jpg

Page Six reports folk hero Steven Slater attended a Playgirl honcho's bacchanalia this weekend. One problem: The guy in their picture isn't Steven Slater, who spent his weekend listening to Barry Manilow in Atlantic City. How to tell them apart.

Chubby blond men with receding hairlines and ruddy faces, this is your moment. Yours is a humble physicality, one that doesn't usually make velvet ropes pull back or panties drop. But we're pretty sure one chubster used his forgettably average looks to become the life of a fancy party on Sunday, by telling everyone he was famed flight attendant Steven Slater.

Page Six reports:

Steven Slater didn't seem worried about the law on Sunday as he partied with 350 other gay men on a birthday cruise for Playgirl VP of marketing Daniel Nardicio. Slater […] enjoyed bottles of Budweiser and shouted, "Fly United!"

LOL!! This guy is full of WIN!! Coming soon to a theatre near you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back