Jewelry/Clothing found with Princess Blue's remains

true- I am 5'2" and although I weigh a lot more than 108, I am nowhere near a size 9 ring (closer to the estimated 175, lol) I wear a 6.5 on my ring finger.

However- I do wear a 8.5 or 9 on my pointer finger. IF This person went through the trouble of getting a ring sized up, it means she was very close to the owner of the ring. I still say "mother". I agree with you- this ring was sized up. You'd need to start with an 11 or so to get it sized down to a 9.5
Maybe this was a guy's ring before? I've mentioned that in those days the rings were almost all the same. I have to go think about this now.

Yes, the size of someone's fingers does NOT correlate predictably with weight, height, or overall size.

I am 5'3" ~150 pounds US dress size 8-10, and my fingers (excluding pinky and thumb) on both hands are size 7 and 7 1/2. And I have worn the same size ring since I was about 9 or 10.

Some big tall robust people have tiny little delicate hands and fingers.

Some tiny little people have big hands and fingers.

It's all relative.

(Do we know what digit UID was wearing this ring on? Might've been her thumb! Might've even been worn on a necklace originally: I know it's been a custom in the past for young women who were given a boyfriend's big ol' class ring to wear it around their necks on a string, lest it fall off a finger.)

EDIT:
Also, rings can be sized up OR down. I do not know if a jeweler would be able to tell after it was changed more than once.

Can someone tell me what clothing, if anything she was wearing? I have been searching thru so many things my head is spinning...

I am aware it was skeletal remains... On occasion they do find enough scraps to decipher what they were wearing. I just thought since I see so much jewelry listed it was worth asking...

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I found the exact same unicorn ring on Pinterest. It appears to be a vintage ring from the 1960's.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/13581236347573383/

I'm trying to find more information about the manufacturer, hopefully that might help determine distribution areas and help narrow down the search.
attachment.php

My first post, but I thought this might be relevant.
I believe this ring was manufactured by http://www.gsjewelrymfg.com/ . They are artisan smiths who have a shop 33 miles from where Princess Blue was found. The Shop is on the way from Robert E Lee Highschool to where she was found. They have been there since 1973.

I found a very similar style ring with similar inlays on Ebay https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sterling-Si...869955?hash=item489eccd783:g:s2QAAOSw6ShZPvyM

Considering their location, she definitely could have acquired the unicorn ring from there.

Maybe the ring belonged to her boyfriend and that's why it's so big, resized twice because of it passed down his family?

I found a unicorn ring on ebay that is an exact match to the one she has. So I too believe the ring is a unicorn.
In my opinion having the ring resized not once but twice means it was very important. Maybe the person who graduated was the first to graduate. Maybe they died. I also believe that since at least one of them was white gold that says something. White gold is more expensive than silver.
I would also be interested to know if the knotted pearl bracelet was real pearl.

I am knew to this site and I'm learning so please be patient with me this info may not mean anthing.
I realize the class ring is probably the best bet.

137UFTX

Some more of the same information. Wondering if making a list of all murders in the area or missing women in area with similar profiles similar cases could shed light on this particular one.

I believe that the class ring is Balfour's Women's C42 Standard Class Ring with either Fire Blue Spinel (September's stone) or Blue Zircon (December's stone). I sent the Balfour regional office (Houston) an email to see if any new information might be available.

Also, did anyone ever get a chance to check out the 1975 yearbook? I'm local to Houston and may be able to make the trip to see it (and hopefully make copies if necessary). I'm still thinking along the lines of it having been a relative who passed away and it was kept as a memento. I, personally, wore my father's class ring on a necklace after he passed away 13 years ago because it was a bulky man's ring and twice the size of my fingers. But if it was a female relative that held some significance, I can understand wearing it.

I don't believe that she just found it somewhere and wore it, or that she stole it. If you find a class ring from 15 years prior that's most likely too large for your fingers, why wear it? If you stole the ring, why wear the evidence? Why not tuck it away somewhere until it's needed (pawning, trading, etc.). The fact that she was wearing it just stands out to me.

Back again...I found the yearbook online and have been perusing through it. (https://www.classmates.com/siteui/yearbooks/4182710468?page=278) I also printed a list of every female that graduated in the class of 1975, making note of those listed on the "In Memory" section of the class's website, and those that I've found have passed away. I also found a thread of Robert E Alumni who commented to say if they'd lost their ring or still had it as of 2017. Not many from c/o 1975, but a couple. I'm in the process, now, of contacting them individually to ask 1) if they still have their ring or had it in their possession in 1990 and 2) if they lost it or gave it away prior to 1990, I've asked if their ring matches the description of Princess Blue's. I've contacted 4 today, with 2 responses. 1 still has her ring, the other lost it in the 80's, and it had a blue stone, but no "L" underlaid. One said that she had never seen the posts or articles about the ring and this was the first time she was hearing about it. Gradually working my way down the list!

Also, while going through the yearbook, I found a student who kinda resembles Princess Blue. I've dug and dug through the internet to find more on her, but all I came up with was an marriage license from June 1975 in Houston (says license was returned, but couldn't find any record of them actually marrying). It's like she dropped off the face of the planet after the summer of 1975. Her name is Sheryl Denise Kelly. I'll attach a photo of her as well. Any thoughts or theories on her are more than welcome!

Attachments

• Sheryl Denise Kelly - REL 1975.jpg
    Sheryl Denise Kelly - REL 1975.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 13
Long ago there was a group of us were researching Princess Blue we had bought the REL 74 yearbook and the REL 75 yearbook, we entered all the names into a spreadsheet, the researched when they were born who the parents were as well as siblings, we researched when and whom they married, when they divorced (if they did) we researched if they had children and when they were born, we also researched if they had died and when and where, we went one step further and found their address and phone numbers, we then managed to send out around 300 snail mail letters, there was also going the classmates.com route with little response.

I recall seeing Sheryl's picture in the yearbook and we had commented about her resemblance to Princess Blue, I don't recall now if we managed to find all the details on her though. IIRC, I think she might have been one of the girls who was pregnant during the last portion of her graduation year or not long after that.

I am devastated that I lost all my info/research that I had on google spreadsheets, all gone. I have the names of the class typed and printed out, at this point I'm really flustered and have been look for a reason to start working on figuring out who Princess Blue is.

Back again...I found the yearbook online and have been perusing through it. (https://www.classmates.com/siteui/yearbooks/4182710468?page=278) I also printed a list of every female that graduated in the class of 1975, making note of those listed on the "In Memory" section of the class's website, and those that I've found have passed away. I also found a thread of Robert E Alumni who commented to say if they'd lost their ring or still had it as of 2017. Not many from c/o 1975, but a couple. I'm in the process, now, of contacting them individually to ask 1) if they still have their ring or had it in their possession in 1990 and 2) if they lost it or gave it away prior to 1990, I've asked if their ring matches the description of Princess Blue's. I've contacted 4 today, with 2 responses. 1 still has her ring, the other lost it in the 80's, and it had a blue stone, but no "L" underlaid. One said that she had never seen the posts or articles about the ring and this was the first time she was hearing about it. Gradually working my way down the list!

Also, while going through the yearbook, I found a student who kinda resembles Princess Blue. I've dug and dug through the internet to find more on her, but all I came up with was an marriage license from June 1975 in Houston (says license was returned, but couldn't find any record of them actually marrying). It's like she dropped off the face of the planet after the summer of 1975. Her name is Sheryl Denise Kelly. I'll attach a photo of her as well. Any thoughts or theories on her are more than welcome!

As of this evening, I’ve made contact via email, phone or Facebook message with about a dozen ladies. Probably 20 voicemails, several emails, and a dozen Facebook messages that I haven’t received responses yet. Some had never even heard of Princess Blue, the case or the ring, so I’m glad to know that I might be reaching people who weren’t reached many moons ago.

I’m currently working off of the list of female graduates and a notebook full of their names, contact info, spouse names, kids and birthdates...I feel like I’m stalking strangers just a teeny bit lol So many of them have been so kind and I’m grateful that they’ve taken the time to help me cross their names off of my list. I have one that could have possibly been the owner (it was lost/stolen possibly in the 80’s, maybe 90’s) but she passed in 2013 and her husband doesn’t remember what it looked like, unfortunately. I’m thinking about plugging it all into a spreadsheet, now that you’ve mentioned it!

I recall seeing Sheryl's picture in the yearbook and we had commented about her resemblance to Princess Blue, I don't recall now if we managed to find all the details on her though. IIRC, I think she might have been one of the girls who was pregnant during the last portion of her graduation year or not long after that.

Sheryl married a man named Jewel Wayne Stoot 6/12/75 and they had a daughter named Chaka Kahn Nicole Stoot 12/16/75. So Sheryl was definitely pregnant at the end of her senior year. She and Jewel divorced 10/13/78. My thinking (chasing a big ol’ zebra) was that she ordered her ring in the latter portion of her Junior year, then got pregnant her senior year so she had the ring upsized. Maybe she kept some baby weight on or just gained weight in the following years, and had it upsized again. I’ve yet to track down their daughter, which is surprising with such a unique name. Sheryl is definitely on my “really curious possible leads” list

It looks like Chaka married a Joseph S, Gammage II in 1993 in Nevada.

Sheryl married a man named Jewel Wayne Stoot 6/12/75 and they had a daughter named Chaka Kahn Nicole Stoot 12/16/75. So Sheryl was definitely pregnant at the end of her senior year. She and Jewel divorced 10/13/78. My thinking (chasing a big ol’ zebra) was that she ordered her ring in the latter portion of her Junior year, then got pregnant her senior year so she had the ring upsized. Maybe she kept some baby weight on or just gained weight in the following years, and had it upsized again. I’ve yet to track down their daughter, which is surprising with such a unique name. Sheryl is definitely on my “really curious possible leads” list

This is my way of thinking also, just the way I recalled YEARS ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back