JFK Terror Plot Foiled - 4 Men Charged

Sundayrain, I'm so glad this plot was foiled, and that neither your daughter's life, or anyone else's life was ever endangered, thanks to FBI and Homeland Security.

Kudos to them for preventing a major catastrophe and humongous loss of lives!
--Agree Liz--FBI and Homeland Security have been doing an awesome job--Kudos indeed to them

--well, he's not much of a "mastermind" since the plot was foiled,but ya gotta give 'im an A for effort lol

Why give him an "A" then? I'll give him an "E" for effort. :eek:

I just saw this on the yahoo news. Scary! Thank goodness they were caught.

fran

Sundayrain, I'm so glad this plot was foiled, and that neither your daughter's life, or anyone else's life was ever endangered, thanks to FBI and Homeland Security.

Kudos to them for preventing a major catastrophe and humongous loss of lives!

Also, I hope people will take the political comments to Buzz's link above to the thread in the Political Pavillion before this thread gets pulled. This thread wasn't started for a political discussion. It's for the news about the terrorism plots that were foiled. TIA! :)
Thank you Liz.......This could have been just horriable.
Your right..........it belongs here. For some reason there is a fine line, hard to define.........on politics getting into this.
Really..........there should not be any. ( but, guess who gets blamed for anything going Right or Wrong)
We almost had a huge horrific event. Thank you to the FBI and those responsible for saving human lives.
And I don't know what else to say.........because of the barriers.........
But........God is good.........I feel happiness in that. Bless us All......

--Agree Liz--FBI and Homeland Security have been doing an awesome job--Kudos indeed to them

Give them that "A"! :eek:

I'm truly impressed with everyone involved in the prevention of any more terrorist attacks here in almost 6 years. ::knocks on wood::

I'm sorry, Sunday that I included that little non- political caveat in my reply to you.

I honestly was not referring to your post, at all. It was more of a generalization. Please accept my apologies if you thought that. :blowkiss:

I'm sorry, Sunday that I included that little non- political caveat in my reply to you.

I honestly was not referring to your post, at all. It was more of a generalization. Please accept my apologies if you thought that. :blowkiss:
Nah..........your good Liz.........please read the PM I sent ya'
Sunday gets in the wrong area.........way too often.........its her own fault........Now where do I go hummmmm:waitasec: :eek: :confused:

Sunday, your post was fine! Really! I promise!!!

I almost wish the FBI, ATF, and anti-terrorism units, would just continue to do their jobs, rather than use these occasions as a photo, and publicity, op. Seems that they wouldn't want to give any other possibly existing terrorist plots any heads-up on FBI, ATF, Homeland Security tactics, or successes. Too often, these releases are timed, to stir up the public, or overshadow, something else that is going on, that they don't want us to focus on.

I wish I didn't feel this way, not trusting our politicians.

I check out Buzzm's thread in the PP regularly. He's great for checking for terrorist news.

As to the Trinidad connection. I'm assuming it isn't Trinidad, Colorado, the capitol of transexual surgery, but the Eastern Carribean country of Trinidad. I've been there. Other than native Carribeans, there are a number of those who are of Indian (from India) heritage and nationality. I don't know the religious makeup of Trinidad, but I do know it's 7 miles off the coast of Venzuela. Wonder if there is a connection to Chavez.

All the more reason for Border Security, and bringing our military home from Iraq, so they can help protect our homeland.

Amen. I was watching TV tonight and aviation expert Michael Boyd was speaking. He says that Homeland Security isn't run by security experts, but political appointees. Therefore, their announcements about "what might happen", are not accurate.

He said there would not have been spread of explosion and conflagration as was announced; it wouldn't have happened. This plan was not very plausible, they had no backing (financial), no support, and WERE NOT SMART.

He said the biggest threat in an attack like this is the disruption of our economy (shutting down JFK for a long time would be devastating)

Many of these "plots" have been caught by "entrapment" by an FBI member; while well and good in some ways, it's hard to prove it would have gone on without the help of the "entrappers".

I'm thinking like Buzz now, so many of these plots have turned out to be "not past the beginning stages", they involve people already here in the country, etc - not really AlQueda ties, etc. They have not even used the illegal wiretapping.

By that standard, "Cho" was a terrorist too who was not foiled, and massacred 22 students. We have homegrown terrorists everywhere - shooters at the malls, etc. If they turned out to be Islamic, I'm sure we would begin getting metal detectors at the malls, schools, etc.

Is our government "crying wolf" too many times, trying to assure us we are being protected? (from goofballs, Curly and Mo?) Are we going to listen when a really BIG one comes along, or is it going to get by us again.

The FBI seems to be doing its job, but I'd feel better if Homeland Security were run by extremely bright, capable experts on security; not politically motivated.

Ok, I have a question...

Why does a thread like this go dormant while a thread about Speaker's TB remain SO active?

Ok, I have a question...

Why does a thread like this go dormant while a thread about Speaker's TB remain SO active?

Because maybe we don't really know many of the facts and probably won't till a much later date; if ever.

Because it was "foiled"; never really got past a rudimentary plan; nothing really happened.

Because maybe people don't want to talk about it when the plot is hatched by a U.S. Citizen?

Just some hunches; haven't really had my coffee yet.:)

I'm not sure it's dormant, people were posting last night.

Congratulations to law enforcement, great job.

Condolences to terrorists and al qaeda leaning liberals everywhere.

Cal

According to Fox News, the 4th suspect in this foiled terror plot, Abdel Nur, has turned himself in to Port of Spain, Trinidad authorities.

He is the uncle of a famous Guyanan boxer, Andrew Lewis. He turned himself in due to pressure by the Trinidad police.

The hatchers of this plan unsuccessfully sought support of the radical Islamic group in Trinidad.

They are looking at it as a case of homegrown terrorism:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19051482/

Talking Points Memo--Josh Marshall

One among many reasons why NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg has no future in the national Republican party.

On Monday Bloomberg weighed in on the JFK bomb plot -- the one where a few Trinidadian ne'er-do-wells who didn't understand how the jet fuel pipelines worked thought they'd blow up the whole city.

"There are lots of threats to you in the world. There's the threat of a heart attack for genetic reasons. You can't sit there and worry about everything. Get a life. You have a much greater danger of being hit by lightning than being struck by a terrorist."

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/014482.php

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djfnc