Jimmy Ray Rodgers Sentenced to LIFE IN PRISON

Discussion in 'Dr. Teresa Sievers' started by beach, Dec 12, 2019.

1. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

ddbm

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Arachne 1 likes this.

2. IQuestion

Regardless if there are 4700 pages or 9700 pages, the appeal is an exercise in futility, in my opinion.
    I have been thinking a lot about JRR's appeal. No matter the omissions or mistakes made during his trial. I am going to have to use the term Judge Kyle used to describe all the challenges made in MS's appeal....they will be "de minimus" compared to the weight of the evidence used to convict JRR. JRR, in his youthful life, had already been convicted of serious crimes and was on parole at the time of his involvement in Teresa's murder! He provided the jumpsuits, knew he was driving to Florida to commit a crime, was on the Walmart tapes, tried to destroy evidence and was consorting with another felon in violation of his terms of release. Simply saying, "Yah, I did all those things, but I wasn't planning on murdering anyone" just won't fly.....because the victim he robbed was killed in the process. If the courts do not sentence him under "repeat offender laws, " then what is the use of even having repeat offender laws???? Sure he is young, I get that, But this wasn't his first rodeo with the legal system. (I seem to remember he was in trouble for attempted murder with a vehicle?) Some people, regardless of age, will never value the laws and rules of a civilized society. Should I feel sorry for him because he was an active participant in a murder at age 25, but be angry be and throw the book at him because he committed them at age 35?
    He made the decision to get in the car, lie to his parole officer, and cross state lines to commit a crime....that has never been in dispute.

3. IQuestion

You have to ask yourselves, "Jimmy was younger and stronger than CWW, what did he do to stop the attack?" No matter what occurred, he went along with the whole plan, right down to the bitter end. And, then drove the killer all the way back home. The whole situation is a tragedy...and the only person who offered an apology, to the family, still got 25 years in prison. Sick, sick, sick.

Alice253, Legally Bland and Arachne 1 like this.
  4. Arachne 1

Arachne 1 Well-Known Member

Excellent point, IQ! And if JRR hadn't participated in the driving, Mr. Narcoleptic/Night-Blinder wouldn't have been able to complete the murderous journey.

IQuestion, Alice253 and Legally Bland like this.