JLM Charged in Morgan Harrington murder

"I am beginning to hear rumors. Some of them, I am beginning to research. Your tired-looking papa, for example. I know what he did. I wonder what she meant by this?

Respectfully BBM. I wonder if Ms Vance was referring to the claims that came out today about JLM being raped as a child.

Respectfully BBM. I wonder if Ms Vance was referring to the claims that came out today about JLM being raped as a child.

If that's the case, I feel sorry for the child JLM but not the grown up JLM.

Kristin Smith @kristin8news
Attorneys expect that trial to last 2-3 weeks. #JesseMatthew hearing for today just wrapped up.

JUST IN: @HenryGraff reports: #JesseMatthew waived his right to speedy trial in #MorganHarrington case. Status hearing set for Dec. 17.

Judge initially set #JesseMatthew trial for murder of #MorganHarrington for Oct 17, 2016 -- 7 years to date of her murder, changed to 10/24

Trial date set for Jesse Matthew in Morgan Harrington case
WUSA 9 Staff and Peggy Fox reports with more details in the video
September 30 '15
7:18 pm edt

[...]

The trial was originally scheduled to begin on October 17, 2016, but was moved back because it is the anniversary of Harrington's disappearance.

[...]

there was a touching moment normally not seen in murder cases. Gil Harrington went up to Jesse Matthew's mother, took her hand and said some kind of words.

[... and she said *see video]

"It was the right thing to do. I hold no animosity toward his family. They did nothing wrong,"

[...]

~

https://www.facebook.com/FindHannah...1448445592073/911578485579067/?type=3&theater

Today, Jane Vance walked with Gil Harrington across the courtroom, and stood before Jesse Matthew's seated mother. When she looked up, Gil said, "I realize this is difficult for your family, too. My condolences." Gil held out her hand, and his Mom looked at it for a second and a half, then took it, looked up at Gil, smiled graciously, and mouthed, "Thank you."

Screenshot 2015-10-01 at 12.01.57 AM.png

A private moment between mothers in Matthew pretrial
By Neal Augenstein, WTOP
September 30, 2015 5:32 pm

"The most dramatic moment in pretrial hearings for the man charged with murdering University of Virginia student Hannah Graham and Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington came after Jesse Matthew left the courtroom."

Screenshot 2015-10-01 at 1.28.33 AM.png

~

Trial date set in Harrington case
By Dean Seal, The Daily Progress
Wed, Sept 30 '15, 7:34 pm

Harrington’s mother stated after the hearing that she thought the originally set date was a “nice touch” for her daughter, whose remains were found in a field in Albemarle County three months after her disappearance.

“It would have been nice to have [Matthew] begin justice on this journey for Morgan on that day, but the judge thought otherwise — that’s fine,” Gil Harrington said, with her husband, Dan, beside her.

with more detail on motions in the Graham case

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mother-of-slain-student-morgan-harrington-consoles-mother-of-accused-killer/

Gil Harrington has so much grace. I dont believe I could be so unbelievably kind when face to face with the family of my child's murderer. I realize they didnt murder Morgan, but in my eyes, they are an extension of JM, and I would have nothing nice to say.

I think JM used his Taxi for trolling for women. I would not doubt it one bit if there are other victims as well as women out there that survived an encounter with this monster.

If there exists anyone like this then I would hope they would contact LE because it could give LE a clue as to where a dumping site is.

LE needs to make a plea to the public to remind them that they could help other victims if they have had encounters with him. I am wondering if some people are out there and afraid to come forward. I think LE could keep them anonymous if they just want to provide locations.
Just knowing any locations where he took people to could help LE find a dumping spot.

The way JM looked cocky and confident as he stalked HG made him look like he did that many times before. Back when he had the Taxi years I bet he had many opportunities to try to take advantage of woman.

LE needs to question the taxi owner and taxi dispatcher again. Because I am guessing some complaints were called in to the taxi company and they probably did not do anything about it.
They may have record of who called in complaints. Maybe LE could even contact Better Business Beurau for complaints against that company to see if complaints filed.

There has to be more victims of this monster and if any survived encounters then they could help solve cases and retrieve any missing.

I think JM used his Taxi for trolling for women. I would not doubt it one bit if there are other victims as well as women out there that survived an encounter with this monster.

If there exists anyone like this then I would hope they would contact LE because it could give LE a clue as to where a dumping site is.

LE needs to make a plea to the public to remind them that they could help other victims if they have had encounters with him. I am wondering if some people are out there and afraid to come forward. I think LE could keep them anonymous if they just want to provide locations.
Just knowing any locations where he took people to could help LE find a dumping spot.

The way JM looked cocky and confident as he stalked HG made him look like he did that many times before. Back when he had the Taxi years I bet he had many opportunities to try to take advantage of woman.

LE needs to question the taxi owner and taxi dispatcher again. Because I am guessing some complaints were called in to the taxi company and they probably did not do anything about it.
They may have record of who called in complaints. Maybe LE could even contact Better Business Beurau for complaints against that company to see if complaints filed.

There has to be more victims of this monster and if any survived encounters then they could help solve cases and retrieve any missing.

I agree, and this is a trait of an organized offender while his blitz attack on RG in Northern VA is more typical of a disorganized offender. I would add that his penchant for looking for highly intoxicated women is also indicative of an organized offender. I also agree that there are probably additional victims of JLM out there....

I agree, and this is a trait of an organized offender while his blitz attack on RG in Northern VA is more typical of a disorganized offender. I would add that his penchant for looking for highly intoxicated women is also indicative of an organized offender. I also agree that there are probably additional victims of JLM out there....

Right. I would hope that any victims of rape from him would come and talk to LE to maybe provide a location where they were. With the hope that it could be the spot JLM dumped others.

He seemed to know a lot of different places like the farm where Morgan was taken.

I can understand how difficult it would be if you were a victim of him and listening to the news reports about him. Especially if you were married with a family. I can understand it would be very hard to want to come forward to talk with LE. LE should make it clear that people can remain anonymous if they just want to provide locations.

We already know he is going to be in prison now so any living victims should not be pressured by LE to file charges unless they want to. If LE made it clear to everyone that all they want is anonymous locations then I do think it may solve some cases.

This is where I think LE fails us. I try to put myself in a victims shoes and I have heard nothing like this on the news. I would be terrified too to come forward because I have not heard of any guarantees that I could remain anonymous if I want to.

LE should even ask people to come forward for even attempted rape or if they were taken to a place where it wasn't right and then JLM didn't actually do anything. Any strange encounter with JLM with any person should be reported the location. Those locations could then be searched for victims.

Right. I would hope that any victims of rape from him would come and talk to LE to maybe provide a location where they were. With the hope that it could be the spot JLM dumped others.

He seemed to know a lot of different places like the farm where Morgan was taken.

I can understand how difficult it would be if you were a victim of him and listening to the news reports about him. Especially if you were married with a family. I can understand it would be very hard to want to come forward to talk with LE. LE should make it clear that people can remain anonymous if they just want to provide locations.

We already know he is going to be in prison now so any living victims should not be pressured by LE to file charges unless they want to. If LE made it clear to everyone that all they want is anonymous locations then I do think it may solve some cases.

This is where I think LE fails us. I try to put myself in a victims shoes and I have heard nothing like this on the news. I would be terrified too to come forward because I have not heard of any guarantees that I could remain anonymous if I want to.

LE should even ask people to come forward for even attempted rape or if they were taken to a place where it wasn't right and then JLM didn't actually do anything. Any strange encounter with JLM with any person should be reported the location. Those locations could then be searched for victims.

Since JLM is already sentenced to life, they wouldn't need to press charges or prosecute. They may already have potential victims coming forward. We would never know.

Today is the 6th anniversary of Morgan Harrington's abduction and murder. Thinking of the Harringtons today.

You really can't know what or how much local law enforcement has done or continues to do behind the scenes. Clearly, Charlottesville Police Chief Tim Longo utilized local and national media a year ago; but I will tell you that he was incredibly tight-lipped about various facets of the investigation while addressing my Citizens Police Academy class on numerous occasions during the same period of time....

I guess JM perfected his M.O. over time ("Practice makes perfect", you know.) RG's assault was JM in his nascent (green) phase, exhibiting the disorganized self.

BTW, did it ever come out at the NOVA trial ("RG" Fairfax rape victim), WTH J. Matthew was doing in Fairfax that day? He was a heck of a long way from Charlottesville. I find it hard to believe that he was just trolling -- I'm embarassed to say that I can't remember what time of the year the assault occurred on RG. I think it was summer? If, so, the coeds in Charlottesville (and surrounding college towns), had gone home for the summer. Perhaps the pickins were slim in Charlottesville area so he migrated North, to hunt in a more populous area, where his chances would be better. (My apologies if I got the direction from Charlottesville to Fairfax wrong. I am geographically challenged.)

I'm wondering if he had a job (dishwasher or cook in some greasy spoon?) in Fairfax. What possible reason could he have to be there, I wonder? The only reason I can fathom would be that he had to make a court appearance for some traffic incident or some other misdemeanor.

This question really bothers me because I don't know the answer.

Hoping one of you good peeps has an answer, or at least some ideas.

Supposedly he was visiting a male friend. Curiously, the male friend was Indian as was RG, his victim. I don't know that there was otherwise any connection between the two....

BTW, did it ever come out at the NOVA trial ("RG" Fairfax rape victim), WTH J. Matthew was doing in Fairfax that day?

I had to go back and find it. hoosgirl posted this back in June in the Fairfax trial thread:

http://wtop.com/local/2015/06/what-the-jesse-matthew-jury-never-heard/

It's a really good article with his possible connection to Fairfax. I did some of my own looking, and the place he would have been staying with these friends is an easy walk through the woods from where the attack occurred.

I had to go back and find it. hoosgirl posted this back in June in the Fairfax trial thread:

http://wtop.com/local/2015/06/what-the-jesse-matthew-jury-never-heard/

It's a really good article with his possible connection to Fairfax. I did some of my own looking, and the place he would have been staying with these friends is an easy walk through the woods from where the attack occurred.

Thanks so much, db, for finding this. And to hoosgirl for initially posting the article in June 2015. I really appreciate the time and dedication that so many of you WSers devote to this forum. It makes for "no stone left unturned"! Members like myself enjoy the fruits of your labors. Thanks, again!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back