JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you MidgeC and Xara! I kept trying to find cause of death but couldn't. Isn't it odd in a homicide to not release cod? Or is it common in us solved cases as it might be information used to ID the perp?

i think its somewhat common in cases where the remains are in that condition when they are found. Also if she had lots of broken bones and a broken hyoid (sp?) bone then they might not know which was the cause.

Can anyone verify the date of the alleged rape at LU (the one JM was implicated in but not charged for)? I read in one MSM article that it was October 17th, 2002. That date struck me as eerie considering MH disappeared on October 17, 2009.

If JM is in fact involved in HG and MH's disappearances, plus the Fairfax rape and alleged assault at LU, I wonder if something about the Fall season (Sept/Oct) is a trigger for his predatory behaviour? Perhaps being expelled from school at LU and kicked off the football team caused JM to harbor hatred and resentment towards women similar to the one he allegedly raped (young coeds who are partying). Most of the time he might be a 'gentle giant', as described by friends/family, but during the months of Sept/Oct when he witnesses young college aged women going back to campus and partying, and witnesses the start up of football season he might experience stress and rage great enough to cause him to attack.

Morgan's body was brutalised. Her bones were shattered. Not a couple of fractures but many bones shattered. Morgan was brutally beaten for her body to be left in that sort of state. No way in my opinion was her death accidental. Maybe her COD wasn't released because of the fact that what was found of Morgan was a shattered skeleton and so they couldn't establish a certain COD

Thank you MidgeC and Xara! I kept trying to find cause of death but couldn't. Isn't it odd in a homicide to not release cod? Or is it common in us solved cases as it might be information used to ID the perp?

It's common not to release the COD. Every state is different. Florida has very liberal Sunshine Laws, the amount of info released to the public during the investigation and pre-trial in the Caylee Anthony case was enormous.

Other states do not allow the public or media access to COD/autopsy reports during an active investigation.

This breaks down the differences by state.
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0364.htm

Info specific to VA.
https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+32.1-283

Info specific to the Virginia Freedom of Information Act
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Freedom_of_Information.shtm

I totally agree with you... As far as I can think of there are only 3 or 4 scenarios for the shirt placement:

1.) Placed there by the killer to throw police off in the search for MH.
2.) Placed there by the killer to taunt police/community.
3.) Placed there by someone how knows the killer but was too afraid to come forward to speak with LE for some reason.
4.) Found by someone who knew it was significant and wanted LE to have it but didn't want/was afraid to have LE look into them.

I love a good brainstorm and think it can be really productive so if y'all can think of more reasons for the Pantera shirt placement please add to the list!

( I always thought the t-shirt was either kept by the assailant as a trophy or maybe he didn't even realize it was still in his car. Then with all the media attention he had to get rid of it. Maybe it is as simple as this: he realized it was in his car and simply dumped it before picking up someone else in his car from around that same location.) He did have a job transporting people right?

BBM. The VSP declared it a homicide but never publicly stated the cause of death.

Harrington's family has said that she was murdered by a brutal and sadistic individual, but gave few additional details.

I thought I'd read somewhere that almost every bone in her body had been broken but now I can't find the media link.
With him being so strong and the explosive temper it certainly makes me think of him. My opinion only

I thought I'd read somewhere that almost every bone in her body had been broken but now I can't find the media link.
With him being so strong and the explosive temper it certainly makes me think of him. My opinion only

Found it-> http://www.readthehook.com/68346/shattered-bones-harringtons-say-morgans-killer-violent-sadistic

However, her parents, both medical professionals, say signs of violence were obvious on their daughter's remains, which were released from evidence and returned to them in February.

"He chooses to kill in a savage and brutal way," says Gil Harrington, an oncology nurse, of her daughter's killer, "to break her bones before he murdered her." Dan Harrington, a psychiatrist, confirms that his daughter's skeleton showed "brutal damage."

While the Harringtons won't say which of Morgan's bones were broken–- and acknowledge that they do not yet know her actual cause of death, pending the release of the official autopsy report–- they remain convinced that the person responsible is an experienced criminal and may be a convicted sex offender.

"This is not his first crime," Gil Harrington says. "He has upped his game in a significant and disturbing way."

( I always thought the t-shirt was either kept by the assailant as a trophy or maybe he didn't even realize it was still in his car. Then with all the media attention he had to get rid of it. Maybe it is as simple as this: he realized it was in his car and simply dumped it before picking up someone else in his car from around that same location.) He did have a job transporting people right?

That's just it... right now we do not know what his full time occupation was. We know he was working as a cab driver during that period, but we don't know if that was full time or if he had any other jobs at that point.

**I'm new to this so if anyone knows how I can link to these things please let me know...**

Thank you for making me want to look into this.... I just looked up the google map of where MH's shirt was found to refresh my memory (it's been a few years since I've been in C'ville) and it struck a cord.

If you do a VA Judiciary case search in Albemarle county and search for JM under civil cases a wage garnishment case was brought against him in 2012 while he was working at the Martha Jefferson House. (that is, if I'm reading the court records correctly PLEASE CORRECT ME if I'm not). The Martha Jefferson House is an Senior Assisted Living facility located right next to where Morgan's shirt was found. I know JM was working as a cab driver at least part time in 2009. But could he also have been working at Martha Jefferson House too?

This post jumped out to me last night. If he did indeed work at Martha Jefferson House during this time....it's just another one of those alarms that goes off in my head. Ditching the shirt on his way to work maybe? He may or may not be MH's killer, but dang...there sure are a lot of tidbits of information coming out that make me believe he may very well be - from the sketch that slightly resembles him (I think the brows are different...but then again...composites are rarely a perfect match), to the fact that he has been accused of rape in the past, has ties to the Northern Virginia area, and the fact that he attended school in the vicinity of the Albemarle Farm, and is now linked to another missing student, Hannah Graham. I don't know...it's hard not to think that maybe he could possibly be Morgan's killer. Also, I was wondering about his hair. How long has he had the long braids, and are they his own natural hair or are they extensions?

Hank Silverberg ‏@HankSilverberg 43m
Search for #HannahGraham moves to the Route 29 Manacan trail corridor south of #Charlottesville @wusa pic.twitter.com/HFeZqzIZMj

sounds familiar

Is there a list somewhere of similarities between the cases and if not, can we make one?

Hank Silverberg ‏@HankSilverberg 43m
Search for #HannahGraham moves to the Route 29 Manacan trail corridor south of #Charlottesville @wusa pic.twitter.com/HFeZqzIZMj

sounds familiar

Not being difficult by it is Monocan Trail. For all the WSers not from the area...

Did they ever say if any DNA besides Morgan's was found on the Pantera shirt? I'd be shocked if there wasn't other DNA on it.

I researched here and Google and couldn't find an answer.

Have you ever seen a case where LE knows the perp cuz of DNA but does not release the info!

If they know be did MH, would they not tell it now?

LE most certainly took DNA from JM and it will run against what is there for old cases too. They can get a fresh, uncontaminated, definite sample from JM and run it instead of using guesses from the car that could have mixes and contamination in them It will likely take a while since the old cases are not going to be a high priority. THe main focus will be for any evidence in this case, since finding Hannah is a high priority right now. No question LE will run the DNA to get all the ammo they can get and it would be an extra bonus to be able to tie him to the MH and other unsolved cases.

Can anyone verify the date of the alleged rape at LU (the one JM was implicated in but not charged for)? I read in one MSM article that it was October 17th, 2002. That date struck me as eerie considering MH disappeared on October 17, 2009.
Yes--both dates were October 17th. Very eerie isn't it?

Have you ever seen a case where LE knows the perp cuz of DNA but does not release the info!

If they know be did MH, would they not tell it now?

If JM's DNA matches the DNA found in MH's case, I don't think the authorities would release that information to the public just yet. For one thing, they are still looking for HG. They are trying to keep the focus on her. Also, if JM's DNA IS a match in MH's case, which I highly suspect to be the case, they might jeopardize the case they are building against JM if they bring MH's case into public view just now. It would definitely taint the jury pool if that information is released right now--before they have HG's body. At least, any defense attorney would no doubt argue that point and have lots of good evidence thrown out. JMHO.

If they have a DNA match for MH already they are probably keeping it close to their chest for negotiation purposes, like to not upset a plea they may have a chance at in the HG case in exchange for her body's location. I wouldn't expect them to make a connection in the cases known publicly at this point, not until they're ready to charge him.

Totally agree! I feel strongly that the DNA from MH's case does match JM. In many ways I pray so--in order for the Harrington's to know that their daughter's killer is finally off the streets. Even though it wasn't soon enough to save HG and any others he may also be responsible for. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona