JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

Status
Not open for further replies.
The house on Anchorage Farm was rented to grad students by the Bass family. Then his daughter lived in it.

BBM. I'm bumping my question from last night b/c today's news has buried it, but does anyone know the specifics of this party house? Was it a UVa party house? Just a local hangout? Anyone? tia...

I had never heard of it, till I read that.

Another part snipped

But familial DNA search success, at least in the Fairfax City rape and Harrington murder cases, isn't a given. The attacker would need to be related to someone who had been arrested for a violent crime in which police sampled his or her DNA.

In the meantime, state police search for a common denominator between the two crimes, committed years and 100 miles apart.

I couldn't find anything suggesting a relation, but there was a Christopher Matthew who was arrested for rape in Charlottesville and later cleared through DNA. If they were related I could see them running his DNA against the k own cases of rape and rape/murder. Then again, it wouldn't make sense to not include Christopher in the suspect list I imagine.

http://www.readthehook.com/97690/news-false-id-innocent-man-jailed-rape-case

bbm, I had the same thought a. I even went back and looked at the pics of the orange car, to see. There was a poster here who knew his car, I'd love to know if he had anything hung there

It would match quite nicely with actions such as placing the Pantera t-shirt on a bush in plain sight. Must have given him a thrill to do that t-shirt unveiling, so I would not be surprised at all if he was displaying jewelry. Either at home or in his car. Just sick. I hope they have enough evidence by now to scare the crap out of JM and get him to tell us where Hannah is!

A photo of MH's unique necklace was shared with the public via media outlets. One would hope that folks would remember it. I know I do.

Do you think he would have been brazen enough to hang these items (jewelry) from his rear view mirror? Makes me sick to my stomach typing that. Either way, if LE found something in plain sight in the car, that probably aided in getting a warrant for the house, right? Or if jewelry from MH or HG (or both) were found in his apartment, maybe there was a hair of MH's on the necklace, or HG's on the watch/bracelet? Or if there were HG hairs in his trunk...that would suggest abduction...

My brain is on overdrive. I guess what I don't understand is this: when would LE have been able to start running JM's preliminary, official DNA? They would need to have him in custody to do that, right? So they couldn't have used his OFFICIAL DNA to link him when he was on the run, tenting and fishing and God knows what else. Right? Or could LE have just assumed that they had his toothbrush and his clothes and whatever else they grabbed from his car/apartment and said...good enough, we can use this to link him to the other rape and to MH. Seems like they would have to have an actual swab of his DNA while in custody to start linking him directly. Right? Ugh. I'm confused.

If anyone wants to see the photo of MH's necklace it's on the FB page HFMDH in the photos section from a few years back.

Wow! I wonder if they were related? Or mistaken identity?

I couldn't find anything suggesting a relation, but there was a Christopher Matthew who was arrested for rape in Charlottesville and later cleared through DNA. If they were related I could see them running his DNA against the k own cases of rape and rape/murder. Then again, it wouldn't make sense to not include Christopher in the suspect list I imagine.

http://www.readthehook.com/97690/news-false-id-innocent-man-jailed-rape-case

The house on Anchorage Farm was rented to grad students by the Bass family. Then his daughter lived in it.

The house I posted about burning down wasn't on the farm just really close by and UVA students were living there

<modsnip>

The Morgan Harrington facebook page has been ablaze tonight. So many people with conflicting feelings of happiness that there might be a conclusion to Morgan's tragedy, grief that she lost her life so brutally and despair at the fact Hannah is still missing. I feel honoured to be a part of such a supportive place, and here too. Everyone has cases that touch them especially deeply. Morgan is one of mine.

It would match quite nicely with actions such as placing the Pantera t-shirt on a bush in plain sight. Must have given him a thrill to do that t-shirt unveiling, so I would not be surprised at all if he was displaying jewelry. Either at home or in his car. Just sick. I hope they have enough evidence by now to scare the crap out of JM and get him to tell us where Hannah is!

I doubt the killer of MH placed the tshirt out like that. What do you do when you find some clothing outside? I know I will place it prominently near where I found it in a way that people walking by will see it, hopefully the person who lost it. More likely, killer tossed it balled up into the bushes and some person walking by noticed it, pulled it out, thought someone lost it so they spread it out on the bushes hoping the owner would return and pick it up.

A photo of MH's unique necklace was shared with the public via media outlets. One would hope that folks would remember it. I know I do.
Yep - that necklace has haunted me since I first saw the image online. Seems like people IRL, esp. people in Charlottesville who followed Morgan's case, would recognize it! Maybe it's too far fetched to think he'd hang it from the rearview mirror. IDK.

:modstop:

VICTIM BASHING is against the rules.

If you see another poster bashing a victim, please alert, and keep moving.

BBM

Yet no one ever said a word. Or did they? This is chilling.

Agree. I think a few people in JM's life, especially those who knew about the Liberty U incident, strongly suspected him in the Morgan Harrington case (looked like the sketch, was driving a cab & MH had been seen alone walking around). Did anyone report their suspicions?

So sorry Hannah had to encounter him and lose her life (in all probability) but her death will serve to get this monster off the streets AND has HSTNG

I was thinking this same thing on the ride home from work. Hannah has truly "saved the next girl".

I had never heard of it, till I read that.

Another part snipped

But familial DNA search success, at least in the Fairfax City rape and Harrington murder cases, isn't a given. The attacker would need to be related to someone who had been arrested for a violent crime in which police sampled his or her DNA.

In the meantime, state police search for a common denominator between the two crimes, committed years and 100 miles apart.

No need to rely on familial DNA. They took a DNA sample when he was arrested.

:modstop:

VICTIM BASHING is against the rules.

If you see another poster bashing a victim, please alert, and keep moving.

Sorry. I lost my temper a bit. I apologise. My feelings are running high

I doubt the killer of MH placed the tshirt out like that. What do you do when you find some clothing outside? I know I will place it prominently near where I found it in a way that people walking by will see it, hopefully the person who lost it. More likely, killer tossed it balled up into the bushes and some person walking by noticed it, pulled it out, thought someone lost it so they spread it out on the bushes hoping the owner would return and pick it up.

I think I read on another thread here that the t-shirt was located near a known address (either home or work) of JM. I will go find the thread.

Once Longo finishes piecing this warped puzzle together, I think we need to borrow him over here on Long Island... we need some help with our Gilgo Killer case, our county pd keeps refusing FBI help and they were fumbling around for so long, seems the case has gone cold now...

But this was really impressive progress to make all of a sudden, huge breaks coming in day by day. Where justice is served, I'm pretty satisfied.

In one of the interviews with friends of JM, someone referred to him as &#8220;Lennie&#8221; from Of Mice and Men. This haunted me, even more so today. He really presents himself as someone who doesn&#8217;t know his own strength and lacks impulse control. Rather than &#8220;I was just petting him, George,&#8221; and hiding the victims of his strength, JM seems to just be &#8220;loving these women,&#8221; without any understanding of the carnage he leaves behind. Somehow he continues to function, hiding the horrible deeds in his past. I am emotionally devastated for the families of his victims. Hoping, praying that he helps to bring Hannah home. He does seem to be &#8220;sorry&#8221; when caught and confronted. SOOOOOOOOOO sad&#8230;.when do we stop thinking it is normal for guys to exhibit &#8220;prowling&#8221; behavior, as one of his friends called it.

In just what way does he seem to be "sorry"? By trying to get away with murder? By not cooperating or even speaking with LE? In becoming a fugitive?

I don't agree at all. These were multiple premediated rapes/murders, with obvious vicious intent. JLM seemed quite "friendly and chatty" in Galveston prior to being apprehended &#8212; rather than, say, hiding under a bridge or taking his own life. And still more concerned about his prison coveralls and hard mattress than about his victims!! It would be funny if it wasn't so horrific. His "gentle giant" routine has been unmasked for the manipulative deception it has always been been. No quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid