JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #3

"The victim in the attempted murder and sex assault case testified and identified Matthew as the man who assaulted her in Fairfax in 2005.
Matthew's lawyer tried to keep the victim from identifying Matthew, filing a motion to suppress the identification because the victim may have been influenced having seen photos of Matthew in the news and online.
The judge decided to deny that motion, ruling the victim was not influence in her identifying Mathew.
The victim came from India to testify in the hearing. Prosecutors originally said she was too tired to testify, but a judge said her testimony would need to occur Thursday.
Matthew's trial is expected to start Monday, and according to Virginia law the testimony

This thread is called JLM:What We Know about Him. After the trial testimony today, I'd say we know he is an evil, inhumane, cowardly, vicious Monster!

I'm confused. The current girlfriend is the same one he was living with previously?

What do we know about him, he's finally being charged in the Morgan Harrington

@CNN: Jesse Matthew Jr. indicted on charges of 1st-degree murder, abduction w/ intent to defile in Morgan Harrington case: http://t.co/N9QpzSSRS4

And it's about time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do we know about him, he's finally being charged in the Morgan Harrington

@CNN: Jesse Matthew Jr. indicted on charges of 1st-degree murder, abduction w/ intent to defile in Morgan Harrington case: http://t.co/N9QpzSSRS4

And it's about time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AWESOME! WOW!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thanks for that link. Not surprised by it, but since none of that was entered into evidence before his Alford Plea I wonder if it can even be considered at sentencing.
Not surprised by what his Mother says, either; "Carr wrote that 'Jesse has always shown respect to everyone around him regardless if he knew you or not. " I am so sure he was respectful as he raped brutalized and murdered girls.

What does surprise me is the audacity of the public defender ;
"A nine-page sentencing memorandum filed by public defender Dawn Butorac does not ask for a specific prison term for Matthew. It asks the judge to consider Matthew's difficult upbringing and the fact that he is a first-time offender".
First time offender? Does she think the judge is stupid? He has to make a judgment call and use his knowledge, senses and opinions. JLM's past even before these cases is well known.

MOO

It would be interesting to see if JM and lawyers offer some kind of tangible evidence/ names of the perps. who allegedly sexually assaulted JM.
One would expect that JM would have also violated some males along the way, imo. wonder if any of his potential victims dare to speak out now, get some help, or will they remain silent as JM apparently did, only to attack girls later?
imo.

I can believe it happened because a monster does not come out of nowhere.

He used his " good" Jesse personna to lure girls into his killing web.

I suppose it is a surprise to the first time offender that rape and murder are wrong. Who knew.

No amount of suffering gives you licence to abduct, beat, rape, kill and take away other people's children or your own. His family worked in the UVA health system as did he. He and they had more than ample opportunity, friends and pastors who spoke up for him who could have given him help, instead of his using them to cover the predator he was. Sage, Melissa, many more are still missing, do you think he stopped for anything? Do you think his GF feels like helping out, placing him, sharing what he was like when those extra-ordinarily beautiful and gifted picked head-turning people went missing when they may have crossed his path?

Pointless to say more about him, wish he'd share where he hid the others if he feels like talking. Maybe the GF can help with that part?

The only hit on Sage was in the water behind the hospital, IIRC.

I still wonder if he had anything to do with Sage Dashad Smith's disappearance? If I remember correctly, the dogs tracked her scent to UVA outpatient parking lot. I remember too that someone else is a person of interest in that case. I think he disappeared too. I hope I'm remembering all of this right. It's been a long time with no updates.

I think that trying to use his "first time offender" status as a mitigating factor is akin to the murderer who killed his parents and then asking for the court's mercy because he is an orphan...

Murder suspect appeared to shake tough upbringing, but came undone
By Justin Jouvenal and T. Rees Shapiro, The Washington Post
September 30, 8:02 pm

[... apparently not in the same vein as the other letters]

In 2003, Matthew enrolled at Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Va., where one of his other childhood friends went to school. It was there that Matthew met the girlfriend, Diana, who wrote about him telling her that he was sexually abused as a child.

[... ]

“Our girls did not fly off to heaven on a pink cloud,” Harrington said. “They were crying, screaming and bleeding. They did not receive mercy. I think that should be a factor.”

Murder suspect appeared to shake tough upbringing, but came undone
By Justin Jouvenal and T. Rees Shapiro, The Washington Post
September 30, 8:02 pm

[... apparently not in the same vein as the other letters]

In 2003, Matthew enrolled at Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Va., where one of his other childhood friends went to school. It was there that Matthew met the girlfriend, Diana, who wrote about him telling her that he was sexually abused as a child.

[... ]

“Our girls did not fly off to heaven on a pink cloud,” Harrington said. “They were crying, screaming and bleeding. They did not receive mercy. I think that should be a factor.”

From the link, So much for JM's " confidences", which do not fill me with confidence.imo.
rbbm.

"Benny, another friend whose last name is redacted from the court files, wrote in a letter that Matthew was following his “love and passion” by playing football but that that all came to an end when he was accused of raping a student in 2002.

Matthew left the school; prosecutors have said previously that the woman declined to pursue criminal charges. Benny wrote that Matthew later “confided in me and said that he felt the time he spent with the girl was consensual.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back